|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John's nickname for his mother?
2. What did John score on the GED exam?
3. What does John say became more difficult as her got older?
(a) Understanding the language of the children around him.
(b) Refraining from blurting out his thoughts.
(c) Controlling his troublemaking urges.
(d) Making sense of adults' contradictory expectations.
4. What does John say he can now see about his mother?
(a) That she was menopausal.
(b) That she was unhappy in her marriage.
(c) That she was having a nervous breakdown.
(d) That she was insane.
5. Where was John's design job?
(a) At the corporate office.
(b) At a satellite office.
(c) At the factory.
(d) He worked from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story did John have to recant?
2. What happened after Jim gave the firemen this advice?
3. How does John characterize his relationship with his parents?
4. What job did John take that made him feel like he was fitting into the normal world?
5. What had Jim Boughton made from scratch?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)