|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John and his friends think the vehicle had been left in the woods?
(a) As a test by their parents.
(b) As a gift for them.
(c) As a toy and a distraction.
(d) As a trap for thieves.
2. How does John characterize his relationship with his parents?
(a) They didn't know what he was doing.
(b) They were always together.
(c) They were overly concerned and oppressive.
(d) They were close.
3. What does John say he preferred?
(a) Playing alone with his toys.
(b) Playing closely with one other friend.
(c) Leading the other children in their play.
(d) Playing in team sports.
4. What did John come to believe about dogs?
(a) That he had to kill them.
(b) That they were afraid of him.
(c) That they could speak to him.
(d) That they could kill him.
5. What was missing from the thing John and his friends found in the woods?
(a) The wheels.
(b) The engine.
(c) The windshield.
(d) The doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paul teach John?
2. What does John say he taught himself?
3. Who is Doug?
4. Who took care of John and Chris when their mother was hospitalized?
5. How does John describe the change in his father, in chapter 6?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)