Chapters 1 and 2
• John Robison enjoyed order as a child, and he was upset when his friends disturbed his organized play, or resisted his offers of friendship.
• John's family situation is chaotic, with his father drinking, and his parents fighting constantly between moves, but they eventually settle in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Chapters 3 and 4
• When John's mother's friend talked about someone dying, John says that he broke into a smile, unaware of the inappropriateness of his response.
• To hide his awkwardness and keep himself popular, John learned to be a clown.
Chapters 5 and 6
• John and his friend find a Porsche in a field, and John says that he eventually owned seventeen Porsches.
• The family deteriorates around John, and the family enters therapy with Dr. Finch, who will one day figure prominently in his brother Chris' memoir "Running with Scissors."
Chapters 7 and 8
• John learned to fix electronic equipment, and took accelerated high...
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)