|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Marnie about the gift Law gives David for his birthday?
2. What is the reason David believes he was conceived?
3. How long does Law claim to have been in the spare bedroom with Marnie in Chapter 16?
4. What rule did Law break with Marnie in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Marnie pack David's belongings in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Marnie go after her mother's death?
2. What happens between Marnie and Law the morning after Marnie's mother dies?
3. How does Law get Marnie to go to sleep?
4. Who takes David to get his driver's license?
5. Why did Law consult an attorney?
6. What does David believe Marnie's relationship with Law is?
7. What does David tell Law about Marnie?
8. Why does Marnie find Law's desire to be a part of David's life amusing?
9. What does Law give David for his birthday?
10. What does Marnie see when she stumbles across David's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a theme of this novel. Define theme. How is the theme revealed to the reader? How does the theme of love affect the development of the plot? How many other themes can you name in this novel? How do these themes effect the development of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Why does David tell Law that some of his classmates find Marnie attractive? Why did David hit one of his classmates? Later, David warns Law not to hurt Marnie. How are these two conversations related? What do these conversations say about David's feelings for Marnie?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Marnie become upset whens she sees the things Law has placed in David's bedroom? How does the sight of these items make Marnie feel? How do these objects cause Marnie to change her mind about fighting Law for custody of David? Is Marnie giving up?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)