|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Law think of Marnie's parenting skills?
2. What rule did Law break with Marnie in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Law tell Marnie she made him see about his friends?
4. What has Marnie come to tell Law in Chapter 10?
5. What does Marnie give David for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David tell Law about Marnie?
2. Why did Law consult an attorney?
3. What happens between Marnie and Law the morning after Marnie's mother dies?
4. What does Marnie say about Law's gift to David?
5. What does Marnie see when she stumbles across David's room?
6. What does Law tell Marnie wants to do about his name?
7. How does Law get Marnie to go to sleep?
8. What does Law give David for his birthday?
9. What does Marnie discover while visiting her mother in the rest home?
10. What does Law do that surprises Marnie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism. What is symbolism? What are some examples of symbolism from the novel? Why does an author use symbolism? How does symbolism effect the plot of this novel? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Law insist on having a blood test to be sure David is his child? Who is Law attempting to protect? Is this a selfish act, or one of logic? Why or why not? What does the blood test show? How does this effect Law's feelings toward David? How does it effect Marnie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marnie's mother. Why is Marnie's mother an important aspect of the plot? What role does Marnie's mother play in Marnie and Law's relationship? What effect does the death of Marnie's mother have on Marnie? How does this death propel Marnie into Law's arms?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)