|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Law think Marnie did better than most couples in Chapter 13?
2. What does Marnie's mother tell her her motive was for writing the letters to Law?
3. What excuse does Marnie give in Chapter 17 for allowing Law to seduce her?
4. How old was Marnie the summer David was conceived?
5. What upsets Marnie about the gift Law gives David for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marnie not believe Law would be a good role model to David?
2. What does David tell Law about Marnie?
3. Who takes David to get his driver's license?
4. What does David believe is Law's true reason for hanging around?
5. Why would Marnie's mother write letters to Law?
6. What happens to Marnie's mother the night of David's birthday?
7. Why does Marnie go to Law's house?
8. What does Marnie find at Law's house?
9. What does Marnie say about Law's gift to David?
10. Why is Marnie crying when David comes home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Suzette? What does she symbolize about Law's life? Why does Law blow her off? What does Law's behavior say about his personality? Why does Law think he should stop spending time with people like Suzette? Why does Marnie begin referring to the women around Law and his astronaut friends as Suzette clones?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Marnie become upset whens she sees the things Law has placed in David's bedroom? How does the sight of these items make Marnie feel? How do these objects cause Marnie to change her mind about fighting Law for custody of David? Is Marnie giving up?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Law drug Marnie? Is this appropriate behavior given the circumstances? Why or why not? Why does Law tell Marnie a bedtime story when he puts her to bed? How does this story parallel Law and Marnie's relationship? How does this story reveal Law's feelings for Marnie? What does the story imply Law feels for Marnie?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)