|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marnie believe Law is attempting to do with his expensive gift?
2. How long does Marnie say she has waited for Law in Chapter 17?
3. What does Law ask Marnie to be at the end of the novel?
4. Where is David in Chapters 15 and 16?
5. Who excludes Marnie from dinner in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes David to get his driver's license?
2. What does Marnie discover while visiting her mother in the rest home?
3. What does Marnie decide should happen after David discovers the truth about Law?
4. What does Marnie say about Law's gift to David?
5. What happens to Marnie's mother the night of David's birthday?
6. How does Law claim Marnie has harmed David by not getting married?
7. What conclusion does Marnie come to based on Law's gifts to David?
8. What does Marnie say when Law proposes?
9. What does Marnie find at Law's house?
10. Why does Marnie go to Law's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a theme of this novel. Define theme. How is the theme revealed to the reader? How does the theme of love affect the development of the plot? How many other themes can you name in this novel? How do these themes effect the development of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss character growth. What is character growth? Which character in this novel shows the most growth? List examples of this character's growth. What other characters show growth? How do these characters show growth? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Law's friends. Why does Marnie disprove of Law's friends? What do Law's friends do at his party that Marnie finds objectionable? What does Law's choice to spend time with these people say about his own personality? Is Law like his friends? Is Law different? How?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)