|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Law talking about in his kitchen with his pilot buddies in Chapter 10?
2. Who does David not want to see Law hurt in Chapter 13?
3. What does Marnie find when she arrives at Law's house a few days before David's birthday?
4. What does Marnie tell David he should show toward women?
5. What conclusion does Marnie come to when she learns her mother has been writing letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marnie discover while visiting her mother in the rest home?
2. What does David believe is Law's true reason for hanging around?
3. Why did Law consult an attorney?
4. Why does Marnie not believe Law would be a good role model to David?
5. What does Law give David for his birthday?
6. What happens between Marnie and Law the morning after Marnie's mother dies?
7. What does David tell Law about Marnie?
8. What does Marnie find at Law's house?
9. What does Law tell Marnie wants to do about his name?
10. Who takes David to get his driver's license?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a theme of this novel. Define theme. How is the theme revealed to the reader? How does the theme of love affect the development of the plot? How many other themes can you name in this novel? How do these themes effect the development of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Marnie works freelance. Why does Marnie not work in the corporate world? Is Marnie talented enough to work in the corporate world? What does Marnie's choice say about her devotion to David? What does Marnie's choice say about her personality? Is Marnie not ambitious? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marnie Hibbs. Who is Marnie? Why is Marnie raising David? Why does Marnie deny having a child when she first meets Law? Why does Marnie swear to fight for David? Why does Marnie change her mind?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)