|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David refuse to do after his birthday dinner?
2. In Chapter 11, about what does Marnie say she wished she had lied?
3. Who selected David's middle name?
4. What upsets Marnie about the gift Law gives David for his birthday?
5. Is David angry about Law's treatment of his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David tell Law about Marnie?
2. What does Law give David for his birthday?
3. Why did Law consult an attorney?
4. Who does David believe is his mother?
5. What does Marnie decide should happen after David discovers the truth about Law?
6. Why does Marnie find Law's desire to be a part of David's life amusing?
7. What happens between Marnie and Law the morning after Marnie's mother dies?
8. What name does Law want Marnie to take?
9. What does David believe is Law's true reason for hanging around?
10. What happens to Marnie's mother the night of David's birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Law drug Marnie? Is this appropriate behavior given the circumstances? Why or why not? Why does Law tell Marnie a bedtime story when he puts her to bed? How does this story parallel Law and Marnie's relationship? How does this story reveal Law's feelings for Marnie? What does the story imply Law feels for Marnie?
Essay Topic 2
Why does David tell Law that some of his classmates find Marnie attractive? Why did David hit one of his classmates? Later, David warns Law not to hurt Marnie. How are these two conversations related? What do these conversations say about David's feelings for Marnie?
Essay Topic 3
How long has Marnie had a crush on Law? How has this crush affected her life? Are Marnie's feelings for Law directly related to her choice not to marry? Why or why not? What else might have effected Marnie's decision not to marry?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)