|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Law think of Marnie's parenting skills?
2. Who excludes Marnie from dinner in Chapter 13?
3. Who grabs Marnie in Law's kitchen?
4. What does Marnie go to Law's house to tell David in Chapter 15?
5. What makes Marnie jealous when she arrives at a party at Law's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Marnie go after her mother's death?
2. What does Law do that surprises Marnie?
3. What does Law give David for his birthday?
4. Why is Marnie crying when David comes home?
5. What does Marnie see when she stumbles across David's room?
6. Why does Marnie not believe Law would be a good role model to David?
7. What does David tell Law about Marnie?
8. What does Marnie say about Law's gift to David?
9. What does Marnie find at Law's house?
10. Who does David believe is his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Marnie decide not to fight for custody of David? What does Law's ability to provide luxuries for David have to do with her decision? Does money make a person a good parent? Why or why not? Does Marnie believe she is a bad parent because of her lack of money? Why or why not? Give examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism. What is symbolism? What are some examples of symbolism from the novel? Why does an author use symbolism? How does symbolism effect the plot of this novel? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
How long has Marnie had a crush on Law? How has this crush affected her life? Are Marnie's feelings for Law directly related to her choice not to marry? Why or why not? What else might have effected Marnie's decision not to marry?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)