|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Law say when Marnie asks what he plans to do in regards to the test results showing he might be David's father?
2. Where does Law send David when he is done swimming at his house?
3. Victory is _________________
4. Venus is _______________________
5. How old was Marnie when she became David's guardian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is David's mother?
2. How did Sharon die?
3. What reason did Marnie have for sleeping with the sculptor?
4. What do Law and Marnie spend much of the following afternoon doing?
5. What project is Marnie hoping to get the contract to work on?
6. What is wrong with Marnie's mother?
7. Where does Law invite Marnie to go with him?
8. What excuse does Law give for waiting so long to invite Marnie to the dinner?
9. Why did Sharon not have an abortion?
10. Who told Sharon's parents about her pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism. What is symbolism? What are some examples of symbolism from the novel? Why does an author use symbolism? How does symbolism effect the plot of this novel? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Marnie works freelance. Why does Marnie not work in the corporate world? Is Marnie talented enough to work in the corporate world? What does Marnie's choice say about her devotion to David? What does Marnie's choice say about her personality? Is Marnie not ambitious? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sharon Hibbs. Who is Sharon? What role did she play in Law's life? Were they in love? Why did Sharon not have an abortion? How did having David effect Sharon's life? How did Sharon deal with parenthood? Did David's birth have a direct relation to Sharon's death? How?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)