|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sharon die?
2. For what project is Marnie hoping to get the contract?
3. What is Marnie doing when Law arrives?
4. What did Sharon plan to do about the pregnancy?
5. What does Marnie wear to go swimming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings Law to Marnie's home expectedtly?
2. What changes does Law expect will have to be made in his life now that he is a father?
3. Who told Sharon's parents about her pregnancy?
4. What are the results on the blood test Law had done on himself and David?
5. Whom did Marnie pose nude for?
6. What happened to the career of Marnie's father in the aftermath of Sharon's pregnancy?
7. Who is Marnie Hibbs?
8. How did Sharon die?
9. What does Law give David?
10. What does Law reveal to Marnie that he is afraid of regarding the anonymous letters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a theme of this novel. Define theme. How is the theme revealed to the reader? How does the theme of love affect the development of the plot? How many other themes can you name in this novel? How do these themes effect the development of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How long has Marnie had a crush on Law? How has this crush affected her life? Are Marnie's feelings for Law directly related to her choice not to marry? Why or why not? What else might have effected Marnie's decision not to marry?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Law insist on having a blood test to be sure David is his child? Who is Law attempting to protect? Is this a selfish act, or one of logic? Why or why not? What does the blood test show? How does this effect Law's feelings toward David? How does it effect Marnie?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)