|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Mr. and Mrs. Hibbs about Sharon's pregnancy?
2. What is Marnie's biggest fear in connection to Law's sudden interest in David?
3. Why does Law drive a fast car?
4. Why does Marnie claim she does not have a relationship with a man?
5. What does Law wear to go swimming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Law call Marnie a liar?
2. What is wrong with Marnie's mother?
3. Why does Law wait for Marnie?
4. Who shows up at David's soccer game?
5. What project is Marnie hoping to get the contract to work on?
6. What does Law reveal to Marnie that he is afraid of regarding the anonymous letters?
7. What does Law give David?
8. Where does Law take Marnie and David after the game?
9. What does Law do after David leaves?
10. Why does Marnie tell David Law came to their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Suzette? What does she symbolize about Law's life? Why does Law blow her off? What does Law's behavior say about his personality? Why does Law think he should stop spending time with people like Suzette? Why does Marnie begin referring to the women around Law and his astronaut friends as Suzette clones?
Essay Topic 2
Love is a theme of this novel. Define theme. How is the theme revealed to the reader? How does the theme of love affect the development of the plot? How many other themes can you name in this novel? How do these themes effect the development of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism. What is symbolism? What are some examples of symbolism from the novel? Why does an author use symbolism? How does symbolism effect the plot of this novel? Give examples.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)