|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marnie say is David's father?
2. Who is Marnie waiting for when Law arrives?
3. Suzette is _______________________________
4. What excuse does Law give for asking Marnie to a dinner party so late in the day?
5. Who makes instant friends with David in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Law invite Marnie to go with him?
2. What does Law do after David leaves?
3. Why does Law call Marnie a liar?
4. Why does Law wait for Marnie?
5. Who took on the responsibility of raising David before and after Sharon's death?
6. What are the results on the blood test Law had done on himself and David?
7. Why did Sharon not have an abortion?
8. How did Sharon die?
9. Who is Marnie Hibbs?
10. What is wrong with Marnie's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Marnie Hibbs. Who is Marnie? Why is Marnie raising David? Why does Marnie deny having a child when she first meets Law? Why does Marnie swear to fight for David? Why does Marnie change her mind?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Law drug Marnie? Is this appropriate behavior given the circumstances? Why or why not? Why does Law tell Marnie a bedtime story when he puts her to bed? How does this story parallel Law and Marnie's relationship? How does this story reveal Law's feelings for Marnie? What does the story imply Law feels for Marnie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss character growth. What is character growth? Which character in this novel shows the most growth? List examples of this character's growth. What other characters show growth? How do these characters show growth? Give examples.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)