|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What make of car does Law drive?
2. What does Marnie show Law in Chapter 8?
3. Who appears in the majority of photographs of David's childhood beside David?
4. Who does Marnie visit in the rest home?
5. Who scores the winning point during the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What project is Marnie hoping to get the contract to work on?
2. What brings Law to Marnie's home expectedtly?
3. Why does Law wait for Marnie?
4. Who told Sharon's parents about her pregnancy?
5. What do Law and Marnie spend much of the following afternoon doing?
6. Who is David's mother?
7. What does Law ask Marnie permission to do?
8. Where does Law take Marnie and David after the game?
9. What reason did Marnie have for sleeping with the sculptor?
10. Why does Marnie tell David Law came to their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Marnie Hibbs. Who is Marnie? Why is Marnie raising David? Why does Marnie deny having a child when she first meets Law? Why does Marnie swear to fight for David? Why does Marnie change her mind?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Marnie's mother. Why is Marnie's mother an important aspect of the plot? What role does Marnie's mother play in Marnie and Law's relationship? What effect does the death of Marnie's mother have on Marnie? How does this death propel Marnie into Law's arms?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the anonymous letters. Who sends the letters? Why does this person send the letters? What does this person hope will happen? What is the possible fallout of these letters for Law? For Marnie? Does the author of the letters take all of this into consideration before sending them? Why or why not?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)