|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marnie waiting for when Law arrives?
2. For what project is Marnie hoping to get the contract?
3. What does Suzette represent to Law?
4. What is Marnie doing when Law arrives?
5. Why does Law decide he can no longer have a woman like Suzette waiting for him at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Law and Marnie spend much of the following afternoon doing?
2. Where does Law take Marnie and David after the game?
3. What is wrong with Marnie's mother?
4. What does Law reveal to Marnie that he is afraid of regarding the anonymous letters?
5. Who is David's mother?
6. Why does Law wait for Marnie?
7. Whom did Marnie pose nude for?
8. Who shows up at David's soccer game?
9. What does Law do after David leaves?
10. What project is Marnie hoping to get the contract to work on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss character growth. What is character growth? Which character in this novel shows the most growth? List examples of this character's growth. What other characters show growth? How do these characters show growth? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
What does Marnie's decision to raise David after Sharon's death say about her character? What kind of a person is Marnie? Why did Marnie take custody of David at such a young age? Did guilt play a role in Marnie's choice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Marnie Hibbs. Who is Marnie? Why is Marnie raising David? Why does Marnie deny having a child when she first meets Law? Why does Marnie swear to fight for David? Why does Marnie change her mind?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)