|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, about what does Marnie say she wished she had lied?
(a) Her mother's part in the anonymous letters Law recieved
(b) Her feelings for Law
(c) The identity of David's mother
(d) David being Law's son
2. What does Law tell David about his behavior with Sharon that summer seventeen years ago?
(a) That it was wrong and inexcusable.
(b) That he should be grateful because his disrespect gave David life.
(c) That it was the result of youth and alcohol.
(d) That it was all in fun.
3. What does Law think of Marnie's parenting skills?
(a) Law believes Marnie did a better job with David than a couple could have.
(b) Law believes Marnie should have had a man to teach David to be more masculine.
(c) Law believes Marnie is too easy on David.
(d) Law believes Marnie should use more discipline with David.
4. What is character growth?
(a) When a character changes appearance through the course of a story.
(b) When a character shows a change in maturity through the course of a plot.
(c) When a character shows physical changes in a story.
(d) When a character ages through the course of a story.
5. Why does Law tell Marnie to kick and scream in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he thinks she does not express her feelings properly.
(b) Because she lost the contract for the Houston Telephone Directory.
(c) Because he thinks she is a child and should act like one.
(d) Because he wants her to make a fool of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marnie afraid of after David learns the truth about his father's identity?
2. Why does Marnie pack David's belongings in Chapter 13?
3. What excuse does Marnie give in Chapter 17 for allowing Law to seduce her?
4. Who excludes Marnie from dinner in Chapter 13?
5. What does Law think Marnie did better than most couples in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Law claim Marnie has harmed David by not getting married?
2. What does Marnie say when Law proposes?
3. Where does Marnie go after her mother's death?
4. What does Law do that surprises Marnie?
5. Why does Marnie go to Law's house?
6. What name does Law want Marnie to take?
7. Why would Marnie's mother write letters to Law?
8. What does Marnie find at Law's house?
9. What does Law give David for his birthday?
10. What does David believe is Law's true reason for hanging around?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)