|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Law think of Marnie's parenting skills?
(a) Law believes Marnie did a better job with David than a couple could have.
(b) Law believes Marnie should have had a man to teach David to be more masculine.
(c) Law believes Marnie is too easy on David.
(d) Law believes Marnie should use more discipline with David.
2. Why does Law put an end to his party in Chapter 10?
(a) Law is outraged by how Marnie is treated by one of his pilot friends.
(b) Law is bored and ready to go on to something else.
(c) Law is outraged at the drug use on his property.
(d) Law does not end the party, he only makes it appear that way to please Marnie.
3. Who does Marnie see coming out of a bedroom at Law's house?
(a) Her neighbor
(d) Her mother
4. What conclusion does Marnie come to after her mother's funeral regarding David?
(a) Marnie decides she will fight for custody of David until her last penny is spent.
(b) Marnie decides she will take David and move somewhere where Law cannot find them.
(c) Marnie decides not to fight for custody of David.
(d) Marnie decides David does not love her anymore.
5. What makes Marnie sad about this item in David's room in Chapter 16?
(a) That Marnie cannot afford to buy one for David.
(b) That Law did not buy it for her.
(c) That Law spent more money on David than herself.
(d) That Marnie cannot afford to own one herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marnie afraid of after David learns the truth about his father's identity?
2. What bad news does Marnie get in the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. What does David think of Law's relationship with his mother?
4. What name does David decide to take at the end of the novel?
5. How old was Sharon when David was conceived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marnie go to Law's house?
2. What happens to Marnie's mother the night of David's birthday?
3. What conclusion does Marnie come to based on Law's gifts to David?
4. What happens between Marnie and Law the morning after Marnie's mother dies?
5. What does David believe is Law's true reason for hanging around?
6. What does Law give David for his birthday?
7. What does Law do that surprises Marnie?
8. What does Marnie see when she stumbles across David's room?
9. What does Marnie discover while visiting her mother in the rest home?
10. Why does Marnie not believe Law would be a good role model to David?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)