|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David Hibbs is __________________
(a) Marnie's neighbor.
(b) Marnie's husband.
(c) Marnie's nephew.
(d) Marnie's son.
2. What does Law ask Marnie permission to do?
(a) Law wants to take David to meet his parents.
(b) Law wants to have a blood test done to establish the likelyhood that he is David's father.
(c) Law wants to move David into his house so that they can get to know one another.
(d) Law wants to have genetic testing done to rule out that David has inherited a genetic disease that runs in his family.
3. What did Marnie do in her past that she believes would shock Law?
(a) Posed naked for a sculptor
(b) Drank beer
(c) Posed naked for a painter
(d) Smoked cigarettes
4. Did Law know Marnie in the past?
(a) Yes, they are cousins.
(b) No, they have never met before.
(c) Yes, they spent a summer together.
(d) No, Marnie just knows Law because of his celebrity status.
5. What does Marnie lie about in Chapter 1?
(a) Her name
(b) Knowing Law
(c) Writing the letters
(d) Having a child
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Howard?
2. For what project is Marnie hoping to get the contract?
3. Who scores the winning point during the game?
4. What do the letters ask Law to do?
5. What does Law decide he can no longer do now that he is a father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Law and Marnie spend much of the following afternoon doing?
2. Who is waiting for Law when he returns home?
3. What does Law reveal to Marnie that he is afraid of regarding the anonymous letters?
4. Who is Marnie Hibbs?
5. Why did Sharon not have an abortion?
6. Who shows up at David's soccer game?
7. What excuse does Law give for waiting so long to invite Marnie to the dinner?
8. Where does Law invite Marnie to go with him?
9. Who took on the responsibility of raising David before and after Sharon's death?
10. What does Law do after David leaves?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)