|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Law put an end to his party in Chapter 10?
(a) Law does not end the party, he only makes it appear that way to please Marnie.
(b) Law is bored and ready to go on to something else.
(c) Law is outraged by how Marnie is treated by one of his pilot friends.
(d) Law is outraged at the drug use on his property.
2. Why does Law tell Marnie to kick and scream in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he thinks she is a child and should act like one.
(b) Because she lost the contract for the Houston Telephone Directory.
(c) Because he thinks she does not express her feelings properly.
(d) Because he wants her to make a fool of herself.
3. What does Law tell Marnie as he puts her to bed in Chapter 15?
(a) A story about his childhood
(b) A bedtime story
(c) A racy joke
(d) A story about his heydey in the astronaut program
4. What does Marnie go to Law's house to tell David in Chapter 15?
(a) That she does not want David to come back to her house.
(b) That his grandmother has died.
(c) That Law is suing for custody of him.
(d) That David's best friend has died.
5. Who does David believe his biological mother is in Chapter 12?
(a) David suspects his math teacher is his biological mother.
(b) David suspects his grandmother is his biological mother.
(c) David suspects Suzette is his biological mother.
(d) David suspects Marnie is his biological mother.
6. In Chapter 11, to whom does Law say he has spoken?
(a) Law says he has spoken to Sharon.
(b) Law says he has talked to a lawyer.
(c) Law says he spoke to David.
(d) Law says he spoke to Marnie's mother.
7. What makes Marnie upset when she accidentally goes into David's room in Chapter 16?
(a) Law has bought David the same game system she planned to give him for Christmas.
(b) That Law has bought David expensive gifts she could never afford.
(c) Law has allowed David to move his girlfriend into the house.
(d) Law has allowed David to drink alcohol.
8. What does Law think Marnie did better than most couples in Chapter 13?
(a) Build a career
(b) Care for her mother
(c) Raise David
(d) Pay her bills
9. Who chose David's first name?
(b) His grandparents
(c) A nurse at the hospital
(d) His mother.
10. What gift does Marnie decide not to give David for his birthday?
(a) A gaming system
(b) A set of new clothes
(c) A used car
(d) A television
11. What does David reveal he has figured out about Law in Chapter 12?
(a) David has figured out Law is Marnie's ex-boyfriend.
(b) David has figured out Law is his father.
(c) David has figured out Law is a famous astronaut.
(d) David has figured out Law is Marnie's brother.
12. In Chapter 11, about what does Marnie say she wished she had lied?
(a) The identity of David's mother
(b) Her mother's part in the anonymous letters Law recieved
(c) David being Law's son
(d) Her feelings for Law
13. What does Law put in Marnie's drink in Chapter 15?
(c) A sleeping pill
14. What does Marnie say was her reason for taking on the role of guardian for David in Chapter 17?
(a) To have a doll to dress and play with.
(b) To have someone to love her unconditionally.
(c) To show her parents she was more mature than they believed.
(d) To honor his sister's dying wish.
15. What does Law steal from Marnie while they prepare the cake?
(b) A kiss
(c) Her gift for David
(d) A taste of the frosting
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David refuse to do after his birthday dinner?
2. What is Marnie afraid of after David learns the truth about his father's identity?
3. Who does David not want to see Law hurt in Chapter 13?
4. Who does David refer to as his mom in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Marnie see coming out of a bedroom at Law's house?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)