|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzette tell Marnie in Chapter 10?
(a) Suzette tells Marnie that Law is a wonderful lover.
(b) Suzette tells Marnie that Law is her fiance.
(c) Suzette tells Marnie that Law is already married to someone else.
(d) Suzette tells Marnie about Law's behavior toward her the night of their last date.
2. Why does Law put an end to his party in Chapter 10?
(a) Law does not end the party, he only makes it appear that way to please Marnie.
(b) Law is bored and ready to go on to something else.
(c) Law is outraged by how Marnie is treated by one of his pilot friends.
(d) Law is outraged at the drug use on his property.
3. What does Law say when Marnie asks to see the letters?
(a) Law accuses Marnie of destroying the letters.
(b) Law accuses Marnie of writing them.
(c) Law accuses Marnie of hiding the fact that David wrote the letters.
(d) Law accuses Marnie of not believing they exist.
4. Where does Law take David in chapter 12?
(a) Law takes David to dinner.
(b) Law takes David to Cape Canaveral.
(c) Law takes David to Hawaii.
(d) Law takes David to see Victory.
5. In Chapter 11, to whom does Law say he has spoken?
(a) Law says he has talked to a lawyer.
(b) Law says he has spoken to Sharon.
(c) Law says he spoke to Marnie's mother.
(d) Law says he spoke to David.
6. What is Law's excuse for the extravagant gift he gives David for his birthday?
(a) That he has sixteen years to make up for.
(b) That he got caught up in this father stuff.
(c) That all boys need a Lotus once in their lives.
(d) That he has the money so he should spend it.
7. Why does Law tell Marnie to kick and scream in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he thinks she does not express her feelings properly.
(b) Because he wants her to make a fool of herself.
(c) Because he thinks she is a child and should act like one.
(d) Because she lost the contract for the Houston Telephone Directory.
8. Who does David not want to see Law hurt in Chapter 13?
(a) His grandmother
(b) His math teacher
9. Is David angry about Law's treatment of his mother?
(a) No, because he thinks Sharon deserved what she got.
(b) No, because he never knew his mother.
(c) Yes, because Sharon was such a kind person.
(d) Yes, because Sharon was only sixteen.
10. What does Law ask Marnie to be at the end of the novel?
(a) David's nanny
(b) The mother of his future children
(c) His personal artist
(d) His housekeeper
11. How old was Sharon when David was conceived?
12. What does Marnie believe is Law's motivation in buying nice things for David?
(a) Marnie feels Law is buying David's affections in order to win in a custody battle.
(b) Marnie believes Law is trying to steal David's affections because he always needs to be the best.
(c) Marnie believes Law is attempting to buy David's affection in order to hurt Marnie.
(d) Marnie believes Law likes spending money.
13. Who takes David to get his driver's license?
(a) Marnie's mother
(c) Mr. Howard
14. What does Marnie say was her reason for taking on the role of guardian for David in Chapter 17?
(a) To honor his sister's dying wish.
(b) To have a doll to dress and play with.
(c) To have someone to love her unconditionally.
(d) To show her parents she was more mature than they believed.
15. What bad news does Marnie get in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Marnie's mother has died.
(b) Marnie does not get the Houston Telephone Directory job.
(c) Marnie has lost a bid on E-bay.
(d) Marnie has lost the custody battle for David.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Marnie say she has waited for Law in Chapter 17?
2. Who chose David's first name?
3. What does Marnie's mother tell her her motive was for writing the letters to Law?
4. How long does Law claim to have been in the spare bedroom with Marnie in Chapter 16?
5. Who grabs Marnie in Law's kitchen?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)