|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marnie find when she arrives at Law's house a few days before David's birthday?
(a) Law has moved.
(b) Law has changed the locks.
(c) Law is in bed with another woman.
(d) Law is having a party.
2. What does Marnie tell David he should show toward women?
3. Who takes David to get his driver's license?
(b) Mr. Howard
(c) Marnie's mother
4. What does Marnie do to prepare for David's birthday?
(a) Arranges dinner at a restaurant.
(b) Cleans the house.
(c) Cooks dinner and bakes a cake.
(d) Nothing, David is spending his birthday with Law.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Law tell Marnie she made him see about his friends?
(a) Law says Marnie made him see how obsessed with sex his friends are.
(b) Law says that he now sees how superficial his friends are.
(c) Law says Marnie made him see how his friends drink too much.
(d) Law says he appreciates his friends all the more now.
6. How old was Sharon when David was conceived?
7. What is the reason David believes he was conceived?
(a) Because Sharon hoped a child would trap Law into marriage.
(b) Because Law wanted a child.
(c) Because Sharon missed one of her birth control pills.
(d) Because Law failed to use birth control.
8. What is Law's excuse for the extravagant gift he gives David for his birthday?
(a) That all boys need a Lotus once in their lives.
(b) That he has sixteen years to make up for.
(c) That he has the money so he should spend it.
(d) That he got caught up in this father stuff.
9. What makes Marnie sad about this item in David's room in Chapter 16?
(a) That Marnie cannot afford to own one herself.
(b) That Law did not buy it for her.
(c) That Law spent more money on David than herself.
(d) That Marnie cannot afford to buy one for David.
10. Is David angry about Law's treatment of his mother?
(a) Yes, because Sharon was such a kind person.
(b) No, because he thinks Sharon deserved what she got.
(c) No, because he never knew his mother.
(d) Yes, because Sharon was only sixteen.
11. What does Marnie make Law promise he will never tell David in Chapter 14?
(a) That Marnie forgot his birthday.
(b) That Marnie is in love with Law.
(c) That Marnie bought him a used car.
(d) That Marnie is his real mother.
12. Where is David in Chapters 15 and 16?
(a) At the hospital
(b) At Marnie's house
(c) At Law's house
(d) At a friend's house
13. What gift does Marnie notice Law has bought for David when she goes into David's room accidentally in Chapter 16?
(a) A computer
(b) A television
(c) A new bike
(d) A gaming system
14. What name does David decide to take at the end of the novel?
(a) Law's last name, Kincaid
(b) Mr. Howard's last name
(c) Marnie's last name, Hibbs
(d) The name of his favorite actor
15. Who does Marnie see coming out of a bedroom at Law's house?
(b) Her neighbor
(c) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Marnie's mother give David for his sixteenth birthday?
2. What does Law tell Marnie as he puts her to bed in Chapter 15?
3. What does Marnie give David for his birthday?
4. What conclusion does Marnie come to after her mother's funeral regarding David?
5. What does Marnie say was her reason for taking on the role of guardian for David in Chapter 17?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)