|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who grabs Marnie in Law's kitchen?
(a) Mr. Howard
(c) A drunk pilot
2. What does Marnie find when she wakes up in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) David has come home.
(b) Law drugged her.
(c) She fell asleep at Law's house.
(d) Law has slept beside her all night.
3. What does Marnie do to prepare for David's birthday?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) Cooks dinner and bakes a cake.
(c) Nothing, David is spending his birthday with Law.
(d) Arranges dinner at a restaurant.
4. Why was David's middle name chosen?
(a) Because it was the name of a famous actor.
(b) Because it sounded good with David.
(c) Because it is the same as Law's middle name.
(d) Because it was supposed to be good luck.
5. How long does Law claim to have been in the spare bedroom with Marnie in Chapter 16?
(a) A few minutes
(c) An hour
(d) All night
6. In Chapter 11, about what does Marnie say she wished she had lied?
(a) The identity of David's mother
(b) David being Law's son
(c) Her feelings for Law
(d) Her mother's part in the anonymous letters Law recieved
7. Who selected David's middle name?
(b) His grandparents
(c) His mother
(d) A nurse at the hospital
8. What does Marnie go to Law's house to tell David in Chapter 15?
(a) That David's best friend has died.
(b) That Law is suing for custody of him.
(c) That she does not want David to come back to her house.
(d) That his grandmother has died.
9. What does Marnie say when Law tells her he wants to spend quality time with David in Chapter 10?
(a) Marnie tells Law she will never allow him alone with David again.
(b) Marnie tells Law she wants child support for all the years she spent raising David.
(c) Marnie mocks Law, unable to believe he knows what quality time is.
(d) Marnie agrees.
10. Why does Law put an end to his party in Chapter 10?
(a) Law is bored and ready to go on to something else.
(b) Law is outraged at the drug use on his property.
(c) Law is outraged by how Marnie is treated by one of his pilot friends.
(d) Law does not end the party, he only makes it appear that way to please Marnie.
11. What does Marnie believe is Law's motivation in buying nice things for David?
(a) Marnie believes Law is attempting to buy David's affection in order to hurt Marnie.
(b) Marnie believes Law likes spending money.
(c) Marnie believes Law is trying to steal David's affections because he always needs to be the best.
(d) Marnie feels Law is buying David's affections in order to win in a custody battle.
12. Where is David in Chapters 15 and 16?
(a) At Law's house
(b) At a friend's house
(c) At the hospital
(d) At Marnie's house
13. What gift does Marnie's mother give David for his sixteenth birthday?
(a) A computer
(b) A video game
(c) A car
(d) A key ring
14. What makes Marnie upset when she accidentally goes into David's room in Chapter 16?
(a) Law has allowed David to drink alcohol.
(b) Law has allowed David to move his girlfriend into the house.
(c) Law has bought David the same game system she planned to give him for Christmas.
(d) That Law has bought David expensive gifts she could never afford.
15. What does Law do when Marnie awakens in Chapter 16?
(a) Seduces Marnie.
(b) Makes Marnie leave.
(c) Makes Marnie breakfast.
(d) Makes Marnie brush her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Marnie give in Chapter 17 for allowing Law to seduce her?
2. What does Law refuse to give up for Marnie in Chapter 17?
3. Who takes David to get his driver's license?
4. Who does David believe his biological mother is in Chapter 12?
5. What gift does Marnie notice Law has bought for David when she goes into David's room accidentally in Chapter 16?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)