|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Marnie sad about this item in David's room in Chapter 16?
(a) That Law did not buy it for her.
(b) That Marnie cannot afford to own one herself.
(c) That Law spent more money on David than herself.
(d) That Marnie cannot afford to buy one for David.
2. What does David refuse to do after his birthday dinner?
(a) Clean his room
(b) Visit his grandmother
(c) Wash dishes
(d) Eat cake
3. What gift does Marnie decide not to give David for his birthday?
(a) A set of new clothes
(b) A gaming system
(c) A television
(d) A used car
4. What does Marnie stop Venus from eating in Chapter 10?
(a) Jalapeno dip
(b) Cheese dip
(c) Bean dip
(d) Guacomole dip
5. What does Law refuse to give up for Marnie in Chapter 17?
(a) His career as a pilot and his joy of driving fast
(c) Other women
6. Why does Law tell Marnie to kick and scream in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he thinks she is a child and should act like one.
(b) Because he wants her to make a fool of herself.
(c) Because he thinks she does not express her feelings properly.
(d) Because she lost the contract for the Houston Telephone Directory.
7. Who does David not want to see Law hurt in Chapter 13?
(c) His math teacher
(d) His grandmother
8. What does Marnie give David for his birthday?
(a) New clothes
(b) A Lotus
(c) A new television for his room
(d) A new stereo
9. Where does Law take David in chapter 12?
(a) Law takes David to dinner.
(b) Law takes David to see Victory.
(c) Law takes David to Hawaii.
(d) Law takes David to Cape Canaveral.
10. What is the reason David believes he was conceived?
(a) Because Sharon hoped a child would trap Law into marriage.
(b) Because Law wanted a child.
(c) Because Law failed to use birth control.
(d) Because Sharon missed one of her birth control pills.
11. What name does David decide to take at the end of the novel?
(a) Marnie's last name, Hibbs
(b) Law's last name, Kincaid
(c) The name of his favorite actor
(d) Mr. Howard's last name
12. What does Law give David for his birthday?
(a) New clothes
(b) A new television
(c) A new stereo
(d) A Lotus
13. In Chapter 11, about what does Marnie say she wished she had lied?
(a) The identity of David's mother
(b) Her feelings for Law
(c) Her mother's part in the anonymous letters Law recieved
(d) David being Law's son
14. What gift does Marnie notice Law has bought for David when she goes into David's room accidentally in Chapter 16?
(a) A television
(b) A computer
(c) A new bike
(d) A gaming system
15. What does Marnie say was her reason for taking on the role of guardian for David in Chapter 17?
(a) To have someone to love her unconditionally.
(b) To show her parents she was more mature than they believed.
(c) To honor his sister's dying wish.
(d) To have a doll to dress and play with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marnie see in the bushes outside Law's house?
2. What does Law tell David about his behavior with Sharon that summer seventeen years ago?
3. What does Law say when Marnie asks to see the letters?
4. What is Law talking about in his kitchen with his pilot buddies in Chapter 10?
5. What does Marnie go to Law's house to tell David in Chapter 15?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)