|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marnie say when Law tells her he wants to spend quality time with David in Chapter 10?
(a) Marnie tells Law she wants child support for all the years she spent raising David.
(b) Marnie agrees.
(c) Marnie tells Law she will never allow him alone with David again.
(d) Marnie mocks Law, unable to believe he knows what quality time is.
2. Why does Law believe Marnie needs a man in her life?
(a) To provide a better income for Marnie and David.
(b) To provide a buffer between Marnie and David.
(c) To protect Marnie from people like Law.
(d) To provide a role model for David.
3. Who excludes Marnie from dinner in Chapter 13?
(b) Marnie herself
(d) No one
4. What makes Marnie sad about this item in David's room in Chapter 16?
(a) That Law spent more money on David than herself.
(b) That Law did not buy it for her.
(c) That Marnie cannot afford to buy one for David.
(d) That Marnie cannot afford to own one herself.
5. Who does David believe his biological mother is in Chapter 12?
(a) David suspects Marnie is his biological mother.
(b) David suspects his math teacher is his biological mother.
(c) David suspects Suzette is his biological mother.
(d) David suspects his grandmother is his biological mother.
6. What news does Marnie receive the morning after David's birthday?
(a) Law was in an accident.
(b) Law has sued her for custody of David.
(c) David was in a car accident.
(d) Her mother has suffered another stroke.
7. What does Marnie recognize in the handwriting of the letters Law has received?
(a) Marnie sees that the handwriting is similar to Sharon's.
(b) Marnie sees the handwriting is similar to her own.
(c) Marnie sees the handwriting is similar to Law's.
(d) Marnie sees that the handwriting is similar to her mother's handwriting since the stroke.
8. What rule did Law break with Marnie in Chapter 16?
(a) Law bought David an expensive gift even though he promised Marnie he would not.
(b) Law gave Marnie illegal drugs to help her sleep.
(c) Law forgot to use birth control.
(d) Law broke the speed limit to drive her home.
9. What gift does Marnie's mother give David for his sixteenth birthday?
(a) A video game
(b) A computer
(c) A key ring
(d) A car
10. What does Marnie believe Law is attempting to do with his expensive gift?
(a) Make up for time lost.
(b) Impress David with his wealth.
(c) Lure David away.
(d) Make her appear miserly.
11. Who grabs Marnie in Law's kitchen?
(c) A drunk pilot
(d) Mr. Howard
12. In Chapter 11, whose identity does Law request Marnie to give him?
(a) The doctor who delivered David
(b) The doctor treating Marnie's mother
(c) The man who broke her heart
(d) Marnie's lawyer
13. What does Law tell David about his behavior with Sharon that summer seventeen years ago?
(a) That it was wrong and inexcusable.
(b) That he should be grateful because his disrespect gave David life.
(c) That it was all in fun.
(d) That it was the result of youth and alcohol.
14. What does David believe the relationship is between Marnie and Law?
(a) David believes Law is Marnie's brother.
(b) David believes Law is Marnie's new business partner.
(c) David believes Law is Marnie's ex-boyfriend.
(d) David believes Marnie and Law are having an affair.
15. What does Law ask Marnie to be at the end of the novel?
(a) His personal artist
(b) David's nanny
(c) The mother of his future children
(d) His housekeeper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Law refuse to give up for Marnie in Chapter 17?
2. What does Law do when Marnie awakens in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Marnie pack David's belongings in Chapter 13?
4. What does Marnie's mother tell her her motive was for writing the letters to Law?
5. What does Marnie discover in her mother's drawer while visiting the rest home?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)