|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marnie recognize she cannot do with Law in Chapter 16?
(a) Compete for David's affections.
(b) Become his wife.
(c) Afford the same type of lawyers.
(d) Allow him to pay for her mother's funeral.
2. Why does Law tell Marnie to kick and scream in Chapter 12?
(a) Because he wants her to make a fool of herself.
(b) Because he thinks she does not express her feelings properly.
(c) Because she lost the contract for the Houston Telephone Directory.
(d) Because he thinks she is a child and should act like one.
3. What gift does Marnie's mother give David for his sixteenth birthday?
(a) A computer
(b) A video game
(c) A car
(d) A key ring
4. Why does Law put an end to his party in Chapter 10?
(a) Law is bored and ready to go on to something else.
(b) Law is outraged at the drug use on his property.
(c) Law is outraged by how Marnie is treated by one of his pilot friends.
(d) Law does not end the party, he only makes it appear that way to please Marnie.
5. What does David refuse to do after his birthday dinner?
(a) Clean his room
(b) Eat cake
(c) Wash dishes
(d) Visit his grandmother
6. What does Marnie go to Law's house to tell David in Chapter 15?
(a) That his grandmother has died.
(b) That David's best friend has died.
(c) That she does not want David to come back to her house.
(d) That Law is suing for custody of him.
7. What does Law ask Marnie to be at the end of the novel?
(a) His housekeeper
(b) His personal artist
(c) David's nanny
(d) The mother of his future children
8. What does Suzette tell Marnie in Chapter 10?
(a) Suzette tells Marnie about Law's behavior toward her the night of their last date.
(b) Suzette tells Marnie that Law is a wonderful lover.
(c) Suzette tells Marnie that Law is already married to someone else.
(d) Suzette tells Marnie that Law is her fiance.
9. What does Marnie find when she arrives at Law's house a few days before David's birthday?
(a) Law is having a party.
(b) Law is in bed with another woman.
(c) Law has moved.
(d) Law has changed the locks.
10. Marnie say Law does not know the meaning of ____________________.
(c) Quality time
11. What does Marnie say was her reason for taking on the role of guardian for David in Chapter 17?
(a) To have a doll to dress and play with.
(b) To have someone to love her unconditionally.
(c) To show her parents she was more mature than they believed.
(d) To honor his sister's dying wish.
12. What is the reason David believes he was conceived?
(a) Because Law wanted a child.
(b) Because Law failed to use birth control.
(c) Because Sharon missed one of her birth control pills.
(d) Because Sharon hoped a child would trap Law into marriage.
13. What rule did Law break with Marnie in Chapter 16?
(a) Law broke the speed limit to drive her home.
(b) Law gave Marnie illegal drugs to help her sleep.
(c) Law bought David an expensive gift even though he promised Marnie he would not.
(d) Law forgot to use birth control.
14. What does David reveal he has figured out about Law in Chapter 12?
(a) David has figured out Law is his father.
(b) David has figured out Law is Marnie's ex-boyfriend.
(c) David has figured out Law is Marnie's brother.
(d) David has figured out Law is a famous astronaut.
15. What does Law refuse to give up for Marnie in Chapter 17?
(a) His career as a pilot and his joy of driving fast
(c) Other women
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Marnie give in Chapter 17 for allowing Law to seduce her?
2. In Chapter 11, about what does Marnie say she wished she had lied?
3. Why does Law believe Marnie needs a man in her life?
4. What conclusion does Marnie come to after her mother's funeral regarding David?
5. Who does David believe his biological mother is in Chapter 12?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)