|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Law believe Marnie wrote the anonymous letters?
(a) They have her return address.
(b) They are on stationary with her business letterhead.
(c) They are in her handwriting.
(d) They are signed with her name.
2. What does Law attempt to do when alone with Marnie?
(a) Law tries to seduce Marnie.
(b) Law tries to convince Marnie to give up custody of David.
(c) Law tries to convice Marnie to admit she is David's biological mother.
(d) Law tries to get Marnie to move in with him.
3. What does Marnie show Law in Chapter 8?
(a) Legal papers giving Marnie custody of David
(b) David's birth certificate
(c) Picture albums from David's childhood
(d) David's childhood momentos
4. Who provided most of David's care from the moment he came home from the hospital?
(a) Marnie's mother
(c) Marnie's father
5. What does Law decide he can no longer do now that he is a father?
(a) Hang out in the hot tub
(b) Have wild parties
(c) Have insignificant relationships with women
(d) Drink alcoholic beverages
6. Did Law know Marnie in the past?
(a) No, they have never met before.
(b) Yes, they are cousins.
(c) No, Marnie just knows Law because of his celebrity status.
(d) Yes, they spent a summer together.
7. What relationship is Mr. Howard interested in in Chapter 2?
(a) Marnie's relationship to Mr. Howard
(b) Marnie's relationship to Law
(c) Marnie's relationship to Van Gogh
(d) Marnie's relationship to David
8. Why did Sharon's father force her to keep David?
(a) To compensate for her wild behavior as a child.
(b) To face the consequences of her actions.
(c) To keep blood with blood.
(d) To help calm her wild behavior.
9. Who does Law believe David's father is?
(a) Marnie's father
(b) Mr. Howard
(d) Marnie's neighbor
10. What does David tell Law his school friends think of Marnie?
(a) David says his friends find Marnie attractive.
(b) David says his friends dislike Marnie because she tries to act like them.
(c) David says his friends think of Marnie as a second mother.
(d) David says his friends dislike Marnie because of her strict rules.
11. What does Marnie recall that Law does not?
(a) Most of the summer they spent together
(b) The night David was conceived
(c) The name of David's mother
(d) Most of their mutual friends
12. Who told Mr. and Mrs. Hibbs about Sharon's pregnancy?
(a) A friend
13. Where did Marnie and Law first meet?
(d) Ft. Worth
14. Who makes instant friends with David in Chapter 6?
(c) Mr. Howard
15. What excuse does the store clerk give for discounting Marnie's dress?
(a) That she does not need the money anyway.
(b) That the dress will never sell otherwise.
(c) That the dress looks perfect on Marnie.
(d) That Marnie deserves a break for being a good customer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sharon plan to do about the pregnancy?
2. Who does Marnie vow to protect in light of a possible media scandal?
3. What is Law's least favorite sport?
4. Suzette is _______________________________
5. Why does Marnie think people believe she is more serious than she is?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)