|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Marnie think of when she had a sexual relationship with a sculptor?
(b) Her father
(d) An ex-boyfriend
2. What female body part does David say is unimportant to men?
3. Victory is _________________
(a) Law's dog.
(b) Law's mansion.
(c) Law's car.
(d) Law's space shuttle.
4. For what project is Marnie hoping to get the contract?
(a) Designing the cover of a new novel
(b) Designing a new portrait for a rich client
(c) Designing the cover of the Houston Telephone Directory
(d) Designing a new ad campaign for the city of Houston
5. Why did Sharon's father force her to keep David?
(a) To keep blood with blood.
(b) To face the consequences of her actions.
(c) To help calm her wild behavior.
(d) To compensate for her wild behavior as a child.
6. What does Law ask Marnie to do in Chapter 8 when he comes unexpectedly to her house?
(a) Tell him about David.
(b) Tell him what to do next in regards to David.
(c) Allow him to make her lunch.
(d) Have lunch with him.
7. Where did Marnie and Law first meet?
(c) Ft. Worth
8. What does David tell Law he approves of in Chapter 7?
(a) Law's choice of cars
(b) Law's relationship with Marnie
(c) Law's choice of professions
(d) Law's decision to wear a tuxedo
9. What does Law attempt to do when alone with Marnie?
(a) Law tries to get Marnie to move in with him.
(b) Law tries to convince Marnie to give up custody of David.
(c) Law tries to convice Marnie to admit she is David's biological mother.
(d) Law tries to seduce Marnie.
10. Who does Marnie vow to protect in light of a possible media scandal?
(a) Her mother
11. What does Marnie show Law in Chapter 8?
(a) Picture albums from David's childhood
(b) Legal papers giving Marnie custody of David
(c) David's birth certificate
(d) David's childhood momentos
12. What ruined Mr. Hibbs' career as a preacher?
(a) Marnie's joy of spreading gossip
(b) Marnie's fight for custody of David
(c) Sharon's pregnancy
(d) Sharon's death
13. Where does Law invite Marnie to go in Chapter 7?
(a) To a movie
(b) To a formal dinner party
(c) To a restaurant
(d) To a play
14. Law came to Marnie's house because ________________________
(a) David called him.
(b) Marnie wrote to him.
(c) of the death of a mutual friend.
(d) of some anonymous letters he recieved.
15. Whose son does Marnie claim David to be?
(a) Her own
(b) Her mothers
(c) Her sisters
(d) Her neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marnie notice about Law and David?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Law say is the reason he came to see Marnie?
3. Law takes David _________________________
4. Is Marnie happy Law has come back into her life?
5. What excuse does the store clerk give for discounting Marnie's dress?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)