|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does conclusive mean?
2. Who did Sharon confide in about her pregnancy?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
3. What does Law notice is similar between Suzette and Venus?
(a) They have only two legs.
(b) They both have brown eyes.
(c) They are both angry with him.
(d) They are both an inconvenience.
4. What does Marnie show Law in Chapter 8?
(a) David's birth certificate
(b) David's childhood momentos
(c) Legal papers giving Marnie custody of David
(d) Picture albums from David's childhood
5. What does Law ask Marnie permission to do?
(a) Law wants to have a blood test done to establish the likelyhood that he is David's father.
(b) Law wants to have genetic testing done to rule out that David has inherited a genetic disease that runs in his family.
(c) Law wants to move David into his house so that they can get to know one another.
(d) Law wants to take David to meet his parents.
6. What relationship is Mr. Howard interested in in Chapter 2?
(a) Marnie's relationship to Van Gogh
(b) Marnie's relationship to Law
(c) Marnie's relationship to David
(d) Marnie's relationship to Mr. Howard
7. What does Law do after Suzette leaves?
(a) Soaks in the hot tub
(b) Goes to bed
(c) Has dinner alone
(d) Goes out with another woman
8. What does David say about his father to Law?
(a) David says that his father is dead.
(b) David says that he has been searching for his father since he learned to use the Internet.
(c) David says he does not know who his father is, but that it does not matter.
(d) David says that his father did not want hiim.
9. Marnie Hibbs is ____________________
(a) a freelance artist.
(b) a freelance writer.
(c) a freelance children's book illustrator.
(d) a freelance accountant.
10. What do the letters ask Law to do?
(a) The letters are an attempt to mislead Law about David's real father.
(b) The letters are an attempt to extort money.
(c) The letters ask Law to pay child support.
(d) The letters ask Law to take custody of his son.
11. For what project is Marnie hoping to get the contract?
(a) Designing the cover of the Houston Telephone Directory
(b) Designing a new ad campaign for the city of Houston
(c) Designing a new portrait for a rich client
(d) Designing the cover of a new novel
12. Is Marnie happy Law has come back into her life?
(a) No, Marnie never liked Law.
(b) Yes, Marnie is tired of raising David and is ready to hand him over to his father.
(c) Yes, Marnie hopes Law has returned to tell her he has been in love with her all these years.
(d) No, Marnie worries about the threat Law represents to her relationship with David.
13. Law Kincaid is _________________
(a) a military pilot.
(b) a musician.
(c) a famous astronaut.
(d) an actor.
14. Who scores the winning point during the game?
(a) David's best friend
(d) Mr. Howard's son
15. What derogatory name does Law use for Suzette and women like her?
(a) Blond Bombshell
(b) Blond Bimbo
(c) Blond Nitwit
(d) Blond Airhead
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marnie recall that Law does not?
2. What does Marnie use to describe her sister's behavior when they were kids?
3. Who provided most of David's care from the moment he came home from the hospital?
4. Law came to Marnie's house because ________________________
5. What does Marnie need to buy, but cannot afford for the dinner party?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)