|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruined Mr. Hibbs' career as a preacher?
(a) Marnie's joy of spreading gossip
(b) Sharon's pregnancy
(c) Sharon's death
(d) Marnie's fight for custody of David
2. What is Marnie doing when Law arrives?
(a) Paying bills
(b) Working in her art studio
(c) Working in the garden
(d) Cleaning the house
3. What does Marnie say was her reason for taking on the role of guardian for David in Chapter 17?
(a) To have a doll to dress and play with.
(b) To honor his sister's dying wish.
(c) To have someone to love her unconditionally.
(d) To show her parents she was more mature than they believed.
4. What does Marnie recall that Law does not?
(a) Most of their mutual friends
(b) The name of David's mother
(c) The night David was conceived
(d) Most of the summer they spent together
5. What does Marnie say when Law tells her he wants to spend quality time with David in Chapter 10?
(a) Marnie mocks Law, unable to believe he knows what quality time is.
(b) Marnie tells Law she will never allow him alone with David again.
(c) Marnie agrees.
(d) Marnie tells Law she wants child support for all the years she spent raising David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Marnie think of when she had a sexual relationship with a sculptor?
2. Who grabs Marnie in Law's kitchen?
3. What does Marnie swear to fight for in Chapter 11?
4. Why is Law skeptical about the possibility that David is his child?
5. Who does David refer to as his mom in Chapter 13?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)