Chapters 1 and 2
• Law Kincaid, an astronaut, shows up unexpectedly at the home of Marnie Hibbs and accuses her of sending him letters regarding a child he supposedly fathered.
• Marnie denies sending the letters and denies having a child, but is proved a liar when her son arrives.
• Law takes his teenage son for a ride in his fancy car and later asks Marnie if he is the boy's father. Marnie admits he is.
Chapters 3 and 4
• Law does not remember having a relationship with Marnie, but remembers her sister. Marnie admits that her sister, Sharon, is David's mother.
• Law is concerned that whoever has been sending him the letters about David could ruin his career. Law realizes that having a son could change his life, especially his social life.
• Marnie lies to David about who Law is, expecting they will never see Law again. However, Marnie is in love...
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)