|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tippler ashamed of?
(a) Nothing. He is a happy fellow.
(b) His clothing.
(d) The fact that he is bowlegged.
2. How is a drawing of a sheep different from a drawing of a ram?
(a) A sheep is white and a ram is grey.
(b) A ram has horns.
(c) A ram is big and scary.
(d) There is no difference.
3. The pilot tells us that throughout his life, when he met a clear-sighted adult he would always show them what?
(a) Drawing Number One.
(b) His juggling skills.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A map of China.
4. How old was the narrator of this book when he gave up his magnificent painting career?
(a) He never gave it up.
(b) Fifty years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Ninety nine years old.
5. The pilot gives the little prince something that the little prince greatly treasures and which he keeps it in his pocket. What is it?
(a) A magic wand.
(b) The pilot's drawing of a sheep in a box with air holes.
(c) A star chart.
(d) A glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the conceited man ask the little prince to do?
2. How does the little prince reveal that he might be from another planet?
3. What is another word that the translator might have used instead of tippler?
4. Who says, "Where I live everything is very small"?
5. How long is the little prince willing to applaud the conceited man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the little prince never let go of once it has been asked?
2. Is the tippler different than the other types? The others are all behaving a certain way but the tippler is escaping from himself by drinking. Why is he included?
3. Why do the inhabitants of these six asteroids have no given names? Why are they "types"?
4. The last line of Chapter 9 is "She was such a proud flower." Pride is a theme through out the book. Give some other examples of pride.
5. What does the little prince's flower represent in this fable?
6. Why does the narrator keep showing his drawing to adults throughout his life?
7. The author uses light throughout the book to evoke an emotional tone. What does the sunset evoke?
8. What does the airplane symbolize?
9. The asteroid that the little prince lives on was seen by whom?
10. Why does the author of The Little Prince begin this book with a drawing?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)