|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little prince ask the king of the first asteroid planet the prince visits to do for him?
(a) Give him a golden crown.
(b) Order a drink of water.
(c) Order a sunset.
(d) Summon the answer to life's meaning.
2. The six-year-old child gave up being an artist and chose to become what?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A zoo keeper.
(c) A pilot.
(d) An engineer.
3. What is the businessman doing when the prince first comes across him?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Counting the stars.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
4. Who says, "Where I live everything is very small"?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The little prince.
(c) The snake.
(d) The ant.
5. How long is the little prince willing to applaud the conceited man?
(a) Forty four claps.
(b) The rest of his lifetime.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) The little prince refuses to applaud him at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the plane crashes in Chapter II, how many people are in it?
2. What is the pilot working on that he thinks will help him get out of the desert?
3. After the plane crash, what does the pilot do?
4. When the little prince leaves his planet, does he plan to ever return?
5. On the fifth day that the pilot and the little prince are together, the secret of the little prince's life is revealed. What is that secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Little Prince is considered to be a fable. What does that mean?
2. What is the symbolism of the little prince not pulling out the newly sprouted seed which he does not recognize?
3. Why is the little prince bored on the planet of the king?
4. On asteroid 325 the king sits in his royal purple and ermine. What does this character represent?
5. What does the little prince's flower represent in this fable?
6. Why are the chapters of this book so short?
7. In Chapter V, the little prince reveals what problem he is facing on his home planet. What is it?
8. What does the little prince learn from the conceited man?
9. What does the airplane symbolize?
10. The last line of Chapter 9 is "She was such a proud flower." Pride is a theme through out the book. Give some other examples of pride.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)