|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the plane crash, when the narrator wakes up, who is standing there?
(a) His long lost cousin.
(b) The little prince.
(c) An angel.
(d) A flock of sheep.
2. After the plane crash, what does the pilot do?
(a) Starts to fix the engine of the plane.
(b) Lays down and gives up.
(c) Runs and runs trying to find help.
(d) Draws pictures of what he sees.
3. There is one drawing in Chapter V that the pilot is very proud of. Which one is it?
(a) A family eating dinner on a boat.
(b) A planet with three baobabs on it.
(c) A landscape of the desert.
(d) A great canyon with a river snaking through it.
4. When the little prince leaves his planet, does he plan to ever return?
(a) Yes, he is just going to find more flowers.
(b) He doesn't have a plan one way or the other.
(c) Yes, he is just planning a short vacation.
5. The pilot has to make quite a few drawings before the little prince is satisfied. What picture satisfies him?
(a) The box with air holes.
(b) The sky at dawn.
(c) Three horses running through a stream.
(d) A wild ram eating pears.
6. The six-year-old child gave up being an artist and chose to become what?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A zoo keeper.
(c) A gardener.
(d) An engineer.
7. What does the discoverer of the little prince's planet do in order to be taken seriously?
(a) He writes a scientifice treatise and gets it published.
(b) He wears European clothing.
(c) He demands that he be heard.
(d) He speaks slowly and clearly.
8. When the little prince decides to leave the king of the first asteroid planet the prince visits, what does the king do?
(a) Orders the prince to spend life in prison.
(b) Orders the prince to be his ambassador.
(c) Orders the prince to stay and become his cook.
(d) Orders the prince to be his friend.
9. How long is the little prince willing to applaud the conceited man?
(a) Forty four claps.
(b) The rest of his lifetime.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) The little prince refuses to applaud him at all.
10. What does the little prince tell the businessman that he owns?
(a) A thousand planets.
(c) A knowledge of the stars.
(d) A flower and three volcanoes.
11. How many people were on the plane when it crashes?
(a) Only one.
(d) All the people who were on the plane.
12. What does the conceited man want to be admired as?
(a) The biggest clown of them all.
(b) The handsomest, the best dressed, the richest, and the most intelligent man on the planet.
(c) The happiest soul lin the galaxy.
(d) The most generous of all beings.
13. What is the pilot working on that he thinks will help him get out of the desert?
(a) The engine of his plane.
(b) Making paper airplanes.
(c) A map showing the way out of the desert.
(d) A book about geography.
14. Where does the plane crash happen?
(a) The Desert of Sahara.
(b) Death Valley.
(c) A high, high mountain.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
15. What does the king of the first asteroid planet the prince visits believe he rules over?
(a) The prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tippler surrounded by?
2. On the first asteroid planet he visits, why can't the prince sit down?
3. How old was the narrator of this book when he gave up his magnificent painting career?
4. What does the king of the first asteroid planet the prince visits call the prince?
5. What is the tippler doing?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)