|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How small is the planet where the prince comes from, as described in Chapter III?
(a) Bigger than the moon, but smaller than the sun.
(b) So small a sheep doesn't need to be tied up.
(c) Microscopic in size.
(d) About the size of Venus.
2. What does the little prince point out to the businessman when he first meets him?
(a) "Your cigarette has gone out."
(b) "You are a silly man."
(c) "You've dropped a couple of coins on your foot."
(d) "You are very good at counting. Bravo!"
3. Why does the little prince weed his planet every morning?
(a) He is a workaholic.
(b) It is the law on his world that everyone weed each morning.
(c) To keep the dangerous plants from taking root.
(d) He likes playing in the dirt.
4. The pilot has to make quite a few drawings before the little prince is satisfied. What picture satisfies him?
(a) The sky at dawn.
(b) Three horses running through a stream.
(c) A wild ram eating pears.
(d) The box with air holes.
5. According to the author, what time is it in the United States when the sun is setting over France?
(a) It is impossible to know.
(c) It is the same time.
(d) Breakfast time.
6. Why is it hard to learn where the little prince came from?
(a) He doesn't know where he is from.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He never seems to hear the questions asked of him.
(d) He speaks only Russian.
7. How long is the little prince willing to applaud the conceited man?
(a) Forty four claps.
(b) The rest of his lifetime.
(c) The little prince refuses to applaud him at all.
(d) Five minutes.
8. After the plane crash, what does the pilot do?
(a) Starts to fix the engine of the plane.
(b) Draws pictures of what he sees.
(c) Lays down and gives up.
(d) Runs and runs trying to find help.
9. What is the subject of the drawing in Chapter I?
(a) A boa constrictor.
(b) A rose.
(c) A little planet.
(d) Two volcanos.
10. On his planet what does the little prince heat his breakfast on?
(a) Either one of his two active volcanoes.
(b) He eats his breakfast cold.
(c) The heat of the nearby sun.
(d) A large cookstove.
11. How many drawings did the child make?
(b) One Hundred.
12. When the plane crashes in Chapter II, how many people are in it?
(a) Just one.
(b) A large family of forty five.
(d) No one is in the plane.
13. What is the setting in which the pilot and little prince meet?
(a) The seashore.
(b) The palace.
(c) England and Wales.
(d) The desert.
14. What does the little prince tell the businessman that he owns?
(a) A knowledge of the stars.
(c) A thousand planets.
(d) A flower and three volcanoes.
15. Why does the little prince become enraged at the pilot in Chapter VII?
(a) Because the pilot won't go for a walk with him.
(b) Because the pilot won't share his water.
(c) Because the prince can't find his flower.
(d) Because the pilot doesn't consider the little prince's problem with his flower as a matter of consequence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of adults?
2. What does the businessman think he owns?
3. When the flower realizes the little prince is leaving, what does she ask for?
4. The visit to the planet of the tippler plunged the little prince into what?
5. Who is the narrator of The Little Prince?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)