|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were on the plane when it crashes?
(a) All the people who were on the plane.
(d) Only one.
2. The little prince is proud of his flower. What is the pilot proud of?
(a) The fact that he can fly an airplane.
(b) The pilot is proud of his fancy flying suit.
(c) The pilot is proud of his heritage.
(d) Nothing. The pilot has no pride.
3. What did the child ask the adults when he showed them the picture?
(a) Do you know what this is?
(b) Where should I hang this picture?
(c) What is happening in this drawing?
(d) Does this picture frighten you?
4. Why is the flower not afraid of large animals?
(a) She believes her claws, her thorns, will protect her.
(b) She doesn't think there are any large animals on the planet.
(c) She is overconfident and not very realistic about life.
(d) She has the power of speech and will talk them out of harming her.
5. How far are the pilot and the little prince from civilization in Chapter II?
(a) A leap and a hop.
(b) A hundred light years.
(c) Just around the corner.
(d) A thousand miles.
6. The little prince is not impressed with what the businessman owns. What reason does he give for his disdain?
(a) That the businessman is always falling asleep.
(b) That the businessman is of no use to the things he owns.
(c) That the businessman loses everything all the time.
(d) That the businessman is very bad at counting.
7. Why does the little prince become enraged at the pilot in Chapter VII?
(a) Because the prince can't find his flower.
(b) Because the pilot doesn't consider the little prince's problem with his flower as a matter of consequence.
(c) Because the pilot won't go for a walk with him.
(d) Because the pilot won't share his water.
8. The visit to the planet of the tippler plunged the little prince into what?
(a) A big vat of beer.
(b) Intense study of wine and how it is made.
(c) Deep dejection.
(d) A happy, but content time of his life.
9. In Chapter III, what does the little prince like about the box that the pilot has drawn?
(a) At night the sheep can use it as a house.
(b) The box can be used to ship wool.
(c) It is very elaborate and encrusted with jewels.
(d) It can be used for a chair as well.
10. What name does a human scholar give little prince's planet?
(b) The Star that is Beyond.
(c) Little Kingdom of Rose.
(d) Astroid B-612.
11. What does the conceited man want to be admired as?
(a) The happiest soul lin the galaxy.
(b) The biggest clown of them all.
(c) The handsomest, the best dressed, the richest, and the most intelligent man on the planet.
(d) The most generous of all beings.
12. How many petals do the ordinary flowers on the prince's planet have?
(b) None, they are spikes.
(d) Three hundred.
13. What should a person who flies planes study, according to the narrator?
(a) How to fall.
14. How many times in one day does the sun set on the little prince's planet?
(a) 40 times.
(b) 4 times.
(c) 44 times.
(d) 400 times.
15. How small is the planet where the prince comes from, as described in Chapter III?
(a) Microscopic in size.
(b) Bigger than the moon, but smaller than the sun.
(c) About the size of Venus.
(d) So small a sheep doesn't need to be tied up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the little prince leaves his planet, does he plan to ever return?
2. What does the conceited man want?
3. What does the little prince love to watch?
4. What does the little prince call the red-faced gentleman who is the businessman?
5. When the pilot and the little prince first meet, what time of day is it?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)