|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the conceited man ask the little prince to do?
(a) Clap his hands.
(b) Make supper.
(c) Do cartwheels.
(d) Count the stars.
2. How far are the pilot and the little prince from civilization in Chapter II?
(a) Just around the corner.
(b) A leap and a hop.
(c) A hundred light years.
(d) A thousand miles.
3. There is one drawing in Chapter V that the pilot is very proud of. Which one is it?
(a) A family eating dinner on a boat.
(b) A great canyon with a river snaking through it.
(c) A planet with three baobabs on it.
(d) A landscape of the desert.
4. What is the tippler doing?
(a) Drinking to remember.
(b) Drinking to find the best wine.
(c) Drinking to forget.
(d) Drinking to cure his dehydration.
5. When the plane crashes in Chapter II, how many people are in it?
(a) No one is in the plane.
(b) Just one.
(c) A large family of forty five.
6. What is the subject of the drawing in Chapter I?
(a) A rose.
(b) A boa constrictor.
(c) A little planet.
(d) Two volcanos.
7. How many times in one day does the sun set on the little prince's planet?
(a) 40 times.
(b) 4 times.
(c) 400 times.
(d) 44 times.
8. The pilot reveals that after he becomes friends with the little prince he starts doing something again. What is it?
(a) Biting his nails.
(c) Worrying about everything.
9. What does the prince do for the flower?
(a) Reads her poetry.
(b) Nothing, she takes care of herself.
(c) Waters her, puts a screen by her in the day and a glass globe over her at night.
(d) Takes photographs of her.
10. Why does the little prince weed his planet every morning?
(a) It is the law on his world that everyone weed each morning.
(b) He likes playing in the dirt.
(c) To keep the dangerous plants from taking root.
(d) He is a workaholic.
11. What is the first picture that the narrator actually draws for the little prince?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A boa constrictor from the outside.
(c) A big flock of sheep.
(d) The night sky.
12. Why does the little prince become enraged at the pilot in Chapter VII?
(a) Because the pilot won't share his water.
(b) Because the pilot doesn't consider the little prince's problem with his flower as a matter of consequence.
(c) Because the prince can't find his flower.
(d) Because the pilot won't go for a walk with him.
13. What is the little prince feeling much of the time?
(a) The little prince is always happy and cheerful.
(b) The little prince often feels sad.
(c) The little prince is incapable of feeling, that is the problem.
(d) The little prince feels nothing. He is numb.
14. In the desert, what is the pilot's primary worry?
(a) That the prince is not trustworthy.
(b) That someone will steal his plane.
(c) That he has very little drinking water left.
(d) That nightfall will never come.
15. What does the prince's flower have a horror of?
(b) Growing old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the plane crash happen?
2. What does the little prince love to watch?
3. How small is the planet where the prince comes from, as described in Chapter III?
4. What is the setting in which the pilot and little prince meet?
5. What does the conceited man want?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)