|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first picture that the narrator actually draws for the little prince?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A big flock of sheep.
(c) A boa constrictor from the outside.
(d) The night sky.
2. When the little prince leaves his planet, he says goodbye to the flower and goes to put her glass globe on. Why does she say she doesn't need the protection any more?
(a) The flowers wants to make him feel guilty for leaving.
(b) Because the flower no longer wants to live and hopes something would soon eat her.
(c) The flower is too vain to be covered up.
(d) Because the flower wants to become acquainted with the butterflies.
3. How many times in the 54 years the businessman has inhabited his planet has he been disturbed?
(a) He can't remember. He pays no attention to such things.
(b) Constantly. That's why he can never finish counting.
(d) Three. The little prince is the third disturbance.
4. What does the conceited man use his hat for?
(a) To salute.
(b) To shield him from the burning sun.
(c) To make people laugh at him.
(d) To keep the rain off his face.
5. Why does the little prince laugh at the notion of the airplane falling from the sky?
(a) Because he is thinking of something else.
(b) He is only laughing because he is very nervous.
(c) Because he is a very mean little boy.
(d) Because he also fell from the sky. It is a great coincidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the pilot decide not to draw his airplane in the book?
2. What is the final drawing which the little prince requests from the pilot?
3. How is a drawing of a sheep different from a drawing of a ram?
4. What does the flower in the desert know of men?
5. On the fifth day that the pilot and the little prince are together, the secret of the little prince's life is revealed. What is that secret?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)