|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the fox want to be tamed?
(a) His life is very boring and monotonous. Being tamed will be like the sun shining on his life.
(b) He thinks the little prince will feed him chickens if he is tame, and his life will be much easier.
(c) He likes the little prince and thinks he would be fun to hang out with.
(d) He is trying to trick the little prince. He actually does not want to be tamed.
2. What is unique about the fifth planet, the lamplighter's planet?
(a) It is spinning at an incredible rate.
(b) There are so many people running around and singing.
(c) It is the smallest.
(d) It is made of soft rubber.
3. What does the little prince tell the fox he is looking for?
(a) A way to go back home.
(b) Answers to life's questions.
(d) A way to escape his responsibilities.
4. On the fifth day that the pilot and the little prince are together, the secret of the little prince's life is revealed. What is that secret?
(a) The little prince is the spirit of the desert.
(b) The little prince is afraid that he will die of thirst.
(c) The little prince is afraid that his flower will be eaten by the sheep.
(d) The little prince is actually a lost child from a nearby village.
5. What does the lamplighter love to do most, which he is never able to do?
(b) Invent electricity.
(c) Travel to far away places.
(d) Have a big party for all the people on his planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the lamplighter's planet, how many strides does it take to circle the planet?
2. What does Antoine de Saint-Exupery call The Land of Tears"?
3. In the desert, what is the pilot's primary worry?
4. What does the little prince call the red-faced gentleman who is the businessman?
5. What is on the lamplighter's planet?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)