|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food do Paul and Caroline order when they go out to dinner in Chapter 1?
2. What does Pietrik call Kasia as they are getting arrested?
3. Who pays for Herta's education?
4. Why is Betty in the hospital?
5. What does Herta originally think Ravensbruck is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Paul and Caroline’s relationship gets physical, Paul leaves in the middle of the act. What does this reveal about Paul?
2. What do Betty and Caroline fight about in Chapter 15?
3. What are some of the perks Halina receives for working in the Revier?
4. What is Caroline’s relationship like with Pia?
5. In Chapter 14 we meet Binz. What type of person is Binz?
6. What is the first interaction between Zuzanna and Kasia? What does this tell us about their relationship?
7. How does Kasia’s ability to speak German help her and her family while they are in Ravensbruck?
8. What are the surgeries that the doctors are performing on the Kasia, Zuzanna, and the other girls?
9. Why does Pietrik not want to send Kasia on more advanced missions?
10. In Chapter 1, Caroline warns Paul not to get too political during his speech. Why is that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, Herta discusses how she cuts herself to relieve stress. What is this self-mutilation a symptom of for Herta? What does it reveal about her personality? What could it symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Is Paul a moral man? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Although Herta is a German Aryan, she is not completely protected from the discrimination of the Nazi Party. How does Herta experience discrimination?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)