|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness is Paul suffering from in Chapter 27?
2. What is Herta's reaction when Binz tells her Halina is gone?
(a) She vows to get revenge on Binz.
(b) She has no reaction. She never liked her anyway.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
3. What is the name of Binz's married boyfriend?
4. What is The Hay?
(a) The nickname that Caroline's mother call hers.
(b) The code name for Caroline's new charity.
(c) The name for Caroline's pet pony.
(d) The name for Caroline's home in Connecticut.
5. What is Herta's sentence at the Nuremberg trial?
(a) 20 years in prison.
(b) She is sentenced to death.
(c) She receives a lifetime sentence.
(d) 10 years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Appells that allows Kasia and Zuzanna to escape in Chapter 25?
2. How does Pappa let Kasia know he could read her secret message?
3. What is the psychologist who comes to visit the camp studying?
4. What game is everyone playing at the Vanderbilt party in Chapter 18?
5. What nationatlity does Kasia have to pretend to be to get her and Zuzanna on the bus to Sweden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kasia’s reaction when she learns that Matka is gone?
2. Why does Kasia not want to name the baby Halina?
3. How is Paul and Caroline’s relationship when she first gets to France?
4. Is Kasia and Pietrik’s wedding day a happy one?
5. What does Herta warn Commandant Suhren about in Chapter 20?
6. How do Zuzanna and Kasia escape from Ravensbruck?
7. What does Rena ask Caroline when she returns to France? What is Caroline’s reaction?
8. What happens to Fritz in Chapter 17?
9. How dose Kasia leave the recovery ward of the Revier?
10. What is the camp’s reaction to the rabbits?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)