|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The is the wedding ritual of Oczepiny?
(a) It is the ritual where unmarried women take the veil from the bride and married women replace it with a cap to show she is married.
(b) It is where all the women at the wedding circle the bride and give her blessings.
(c) It is where the siblings of the bride dance with her during her wedding.
(d) It is where all the people at the wedding pin money to the bride's dress.
2. How does Hitler die?
(a) He is killed by the French.
(b) He is killed by American forces.
(c) He is killed by his own inner circle.
(d) He kills himself.
3. How is Kasia released from the Revier?
(a) She is removed while she is sedated and taken to the Bunker.
(b) She is moved to another unit of the hostipal.
(c) She is thrown out by Herta for complaining.
(d) She is released after she swears at the nursing staff.
4. What is the name of Nadia's dog?
5. What is Herta's reaction when Binz tells her Halina is gone?
(a) She has no reaction. She never liked her anyway.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She vows to get revenge on Binz.
6. What game is everyone playing at the Vanderbilt party in Chapter 18?
7. What is the name of the book that gives Kasia the idea for the invisible ink?
(a) Angela the Spy.
(b) My teacher is from Mars.
(c) Alice through the looking glass.
(d) Satan from the Seventh Grade.
8. Why do Zuzanna and Kasia burn all evidence of their life in Ravensbruck?
(a) The items from the camp still contain lice and mites and they need to destroy them.
(b) Firewood is very scarce and they need to burn everything they can to stay warm.
(c) Papa tells the girls that the NKVD think anyone returning from the camp cannot be trusted.
(d) The girls need to burn the items to move on with their lives.
9. What does Regina do before she is walked down Beauty Road?
(a) Reads her favorite lines from Trolius and Cressida.
(b) Hides underneath the block.
(c) Tries to run away and is shot to death.
(d) Changes into her best smock.
10. Where is Paul's country home located?
11. What does Anise Postel-Vinay bring to Caroline and her mother?
(a) A sack of coffee that she has smuggled in.
(b) Her niece, Katrina, and has the girl to tell her story to Caroline.
(c) Plans for a grand charity ball.
(d) A sick Polish women, a Rabbit, that needs medical attention and a place to safely recover.
12. What does Marthe offer Kasia after the baby is born?
(a) A large amount of money that she and Papa have saved for the new baby.
(b) A traditional blessing to mother and child.
(c) Traditional cake called paczki.
(d) Her family a place to stay in their home.
13. What is Kasia doing when she finds Pietrik in Chapter 31?
(a) Searching the roster of missing people.
(b) Searching through her old neighborhood.
(c) Working in a shop.
(d) Giving him a sponge bath.
14. Who is the psychologist that comes to the camp in Chapter 23?
(a) Fritz Heinzman.
(c) Henrik Vilmer.
(d) Vilmer Hartman.
15. What items does Mme Bertillion tell Caroline has been virtually useless?
(a) The children's hats.
(b) The Ovaltine.
(c) The kind letters.
(d) The candy bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Binz's married boyfriend?
2. What color triangles do the Jules wear?
3. What award to does Herta receive in Chapter 17?
4. How dose Herta describe Elfriede Suhren?
5. What happens during Appells that allows Kasia and Zuzanna to escape in Chapter 25?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)