|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caroline's heritage?
(b) 100% French.
(d) Irish and French.
2. What is Caroline's first impression of Paul?
(a) She is worried that no one will know who he is.
(b) She thinks she is ugly.
(c) She thinks he is handsome but he is sloppily dressed.
(d) She is annoyed that he is treating her so poorly.
3. What topic does Caroline tell Paul to stay away from in Chapter 1?
(a) She tells him not to address the amount of wealth in the room.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) She tells him to tell the audience why the original key note speaker dropped out.
(d) She tells him not to make jokes about his appearance.
4. What is Mrs. Mikelsky's daughter's name?
5. What does Luiza reveal to Kasia before she is removed from the Revier?
(a) She reveals that she is actually Jewish.
(b) She reveals that she had hidden extra food rations.
(c) She reveals that Pietrik always loved her.
(d) She reveals that she doesn't believe in God.
6. How many other female doctors are at Ravensbruck?
(a) There are two teams of 4 female doctors.
(b) There is only one other one.
(c) There are too many to count.
(d) There are no other female doctors.
7. What is the code name that Pietrik gives Kasia?
8. Why is Betty in the hospital?
(a) She is hurt in a war protest.
(b) She was injured was ice skating.
(c) She just had a baby.
(d) She learns that she has cancer.
9. What punishment does Kasia get for making fun of Binz?
(a) Clean the toilets.
(b) She has to stay outside in the cold for three nights in a row.
(d) Sent to the Bunker for 2 weeks.
10. How did Caroline's father die?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He disappeared.
11. What is the gift that Caroline gives to Paul?
(a) One of her father's scarves.
(b) She cooks him an authentic French meal.
(c) A pen that reminds her of him.
(d) A picture of the two of them together.
12. What nationatlity does Caroline's mother's charity support?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The French.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans
13. Which job is Zuzanna assigned in Chapter 13?
(a) Clean the bathrooms.
(b) Cut the new prisoners hair.
(c) To be a nurse.
(d) Clear out the booty piles.
14. What is Caroline’s job in the novel?
(a) She is a Broadway actress
(b) She works for the Swiss Consulate
(c) She works for the French Consulate.
(d) She works for an orphanage in New York.
15. Where does Kasia’s father work?
(a) The Post Office.
(b) A lawyer's office.
(c) He works with the army.
(d) A butcher’s shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town are Pietrik, Nadia and Kasia from in Poland?
2. What year does the book begin?
3. What announcement does M. Bernard make while Caroline and Paul are at dinner in Chapter 1?
4. Where are Kasia, Zuzannna, Luiza, Pietrik and Martka arrested?
5. How long was Kasia in quarantine when they arrived at the camp?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)