|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Caroline's father die?
(b) He disappeared.
(d) He killed himself.
2. Where are the male guards and doctors when Irma is injured?
(a) At a brothel in Berlin.
(b) In surgery.
(c) Fighting a battle.
(d) They have fled the camp.
3. Who does Kasia share a bunk with?
(d) Mrs. Mikelsky.
4. What is Herta certain of by the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She is certain that she and Binz will be best friends.
(b) She is certain that she will love this job.
(c) She is certain that she and Fritz will be a couple.
(d) She is determined to leave Ravensbruck.
5. Aside from Felka, what is Kasia sent to Nadia's home to retrieve?
(a) Poison to kill the SS officers.
(b) Something Nadia's mother has left in her nightstand.
(c) A hidden gun under neath Nadia's bed.
(d) Letters from Nadia.
6. What announcement does M. Bernard make while Caroline and Paul are at dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) He announces that all drinks are on the house.
(b) He announces that Pearl Harbor has just been bombed by the Japaneses
(c) He announces that the restaurant is closing
(d) He announces that Hitler as invaded Poland.
7. Where are Paul and Caroline when they run into her ex-boyfriend for the first time?
(a) Outside of the Plaza Hotel.
(b) The French Consulate.
(c) A restaurant in Midtown.
(d) The skating rink.
8. What does Fritz help Herta with when she first arrived?
(a) Move in and get settled.
(b) Shave the new patients' heads.
(c) Administer lethal injections.
(d) Beat inmates.
9. Which prisoners wear purple triangles?
(a) The Jewish prisoners wear purple triangles.
(b) The political prisoners wear purple triangles.
(c) The Bible girls wear purple triangles.
(d) The disabled prisoners wear purple triangles.
10. What does Binz make Kasia do to Mrs. Mikelsky's dead body?
(a) She makes Kasia shave her head.
(b) She makes Kasia remove her gold fillings.
(c) She makes Kasia write her number on her chest.
(d) She makes Kasia steal her shoes.
11. What does Kasia do to help Hannah in Chapter 8?
(a) She helps smuggle her out of the city.
(b) She provides her with food that saves her life.
(c) She gives switches her boots with Hannah and braids her hair.
(d) She delivers a letter to her family.
12. What does Luiza reveal to Kasia before she is removed from the Revier?
(a) She reveals that Pietrik always loved her.
(b) She reveals that she had hidden extra food rations.
(c) She reveals that she doesn't believe in God.
(d) She reveals that she is actually Jewish.
13. What is a lapanka?
(a) The curfew that the German's have put in place.
(b) The the secret German police.
(c) An unannounced man hunt carried out by the SS.
(d) Another name for a Jewish execution.
14. What nationatlity does Caroline's mother's charity support?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Americans
15. What does Priscilla Huff want from Caroline?
(a) She wants to confront her for sleeping with Paul
(b) She wants to get a autograph from Paul.
(c) She wants to adopt a French baby.
(d) She wants to get a visa for her sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mutti's nickname for Herta?
2. Why does Herta stay at Ravensbruck?
3. What does Binz ask Mrs. Mikelsky about Jagoda?
4. What topic does Caroline tell Paul to stay away from in Chapter 1?
5. What does Paul ask Caroline to do in his letter in Chapter 10?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)