|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul do for mother's charity in Chapter 4?
(a) He volunteers to donate a trip to Paris.
(b) He donates a lot of money to the charity.
(c) He brings his entire cast to support the event.
(d) He performs a special performance for her guests.
2. Who does Kasia run into on her way to Mr. Z's Pharmacy?
(d) her father.
3. What does Pietrik call Kasia as they are getting arrested?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His girlfriend.
4. What medical job does Herta have before going to Ravensbruck?
(a) She works at a skin clinic.
(b) She is a dentist.
(c) She is a nurse at a local clinic.
(d) She is a surgeon.
5. What nationatlity does Caroline's mother's charity support?
(a) The Americans
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The French.
6. What does Halina do for the guards and doctors?
(a) Cuts their hair.
(b) Makes them delicious Polish dishes.
(c) Draws their portraits.
(d) Cleans their living quarters.
7. Where does Caroline send her care packages in France?
(a) To children's hospitals.
(b) To orphanages.
(c) To wounded soldiers.
(d) To widows.
8. What does Priscilla Huff want from Caroline?
(a) She wants to get a visa for her sister-in-law.
(b) She wants to adopt a French baby.
(c) She wants to confront her for sleeping with Paul
(d) She wants to get a autograph from Paul.
9. How is Irma injuried?
(a) She is raped by a male guard.
(b) She is bit by Binz's dog.
(c) She gets into a big fight with another guard.
(d) The kitchen collapses.
10. Why does Matka get arrested?
(a) She is a high level member of the Polish Underground.
(b) She tries to stop her daughters from being arrested.
(c) She has been stealing coffee from the Germans.
(d) She spits on an SS officer.
11. What happens to Pippi at Camp Blossom?
(a) She disappears and no one knows what happened to her.
(b) She falls and breaks her arm.
(c) She is sent to a concentration camp for being a Jewish sympathizer.
(d) She is nearly raped by two boys.
12. What does Kasia find in the basement of Mr. Z's Pharmacy?
(a) A family of Germans who are hiding because they don't agree with the Nazi's.
(b) A Jewish girl, Hannah, who is about to go and live with a Christian family for safety.
(d) An underground gun smuggling ring.
13. Who pays for Herta's education?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) A scholarship from the government.
(c) Aunt Ilsa.
(d) She pays for it herself.
14. What does Mrs. Mikelsky save Nadia from in Chapter 2?
(a) She saves her from failing algebra class.
(b) She saves her from being harmed by the Nazis.
(c) She saves her from boys who are throwing rocks at her for being Jewish.
(d) She saves her from an abusive home situation.
15. What type of song does Herta play for Halina?
(a) Polish Foxtrot.
(b) American pop song.
(c) Russian symphony.
(d) German waltz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caroline get materiel to make children's clothes for the orphanage?
2. Which prisoners wear purple triangles?
3. What business does Heinz run?
4. Why is Betty in the hospital?
5. How is Halina paid for her portraits?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)