|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Herta annoyed with Fritz in Chapter 9?
(a) He calls her ugly.
(b) He tells her she will never get the job.
(c) He tries to hit on her.
(d) He picked her up late at the train station.
2. What does Matka say she would bring down Beauty Road with her in Chapter 16?
(a) A gun and injury as many guards as she could.
(b) A bouquet for roses and lilacs and tell the guards that they should not feel bad for what they did.
(c) A box of Polish chocolates.
(d) Pictures of Kasia and Zuzanna.
3. Which prisoners wear purple triangles?
(a) The Jewish prisoners wear purple triangles.
(b) The Bible girls wear purple triangles.
(c) The disabled prisoners wear purple triangles.
(d) The political prisoners wear purple triangles.
4. What topic does Caroline tell Paul to stay away from in Chapter 1?
(a) She tells him not to address the amount of wealth in the room.
(b) She tells him not to make jokes about his appearance.
(c) She tells him to tell the audience why the original key note speaker dropped out.
(d) President Roosevelt.
5. What does Kasia find in the basement of Mr. Z's Pharmacy?
(a) A Jewish girl, Hannah, who is about to go and live with a Christian family for safety.
(b) A family of Germans who are hiding because they don't agree with the Nazi's.
(d) An underground gun smuggling ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does M. Bernard make while Caroline and Paul are at dinner in Chapter 1?
2. How does Herta justify liking Halina?
3. What are Halina and Herta doing when Marchall walks in on them in Chapter 14?
4. Kasia learns that survival at camp depends on keeping track of what items?
5. What is Betty's reaction when Caroline tells her that Paul and Rena have been arrested?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)