Section I - Chapters 1-8
The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Kelly, Martha Hall. Lilac Girls. Ballantine Books, 2017. Paperback.
Caroline - 1939
- Caroline, one of the three main characters, is a single, childless, 37-year-old former Broadway actress.
- She lives in New York with her mother (her father died from pneumonia when she was 11) and volunteers as the head of family assistance for the French Consulate in New York City.
- She is wealthy and well connected.
- While desperately trying to find a replacement for the gala keynote speaker, she encounters Paul Rodierre.
- Paul is a famous, married, French actor.
- He becomes the gala’s key note speaker, and afterwards, he and Caroline go out to eat.
- Caroline is slightly concerned about what people will say if they see her out with a married man.
This section contains 7,895 words
(approx. 27 pages at 300 words per page)