|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was used to bind True son's hands?
(a) Rope that the guards brought with them.
(b) Strands of braided horse hair.
(c) Strips of buffalo hide.
(d) Green willow branches.
2. How does True Son believe that he came to live in an Indian tribe?
(a) He believes that he was born to his Indian father.
(b) He knows that he was taken from whites.
(c) He thinks that he was given up for adoption.
(d) He thinks that he got lost in the woods and was rescued.
3. Why is Half Arrow surprised at True Son's appearance?
(a) True Son had lost a lot of weight.
(b) True Son had a black eye.
(c) True son was wearing white man's clothes.
(d) He did not expect True Son to be tied up.
4. Why was True Son tied up?
(a) He wanted to escape the guards.
(b) All of the whites captives were tied up.
(c) He tried to kill one of the guards.
(d) The guards did not like his Indian ways.
5. How does True son plan killing himself?
(a) By eating the root of a May apple.
(b) By drinking too much fire water.
(c) By stealing Del's gun.
(d) By falling on a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does True Son do after his father leaves the white camp?
2. Who does True Son know that killed himself?
3. What does Del try to convince True Son of during their first encounters?
4. True Son's Indian father tells his son to go like an Indian and give him no more shame. What did he mean by this?
5. What sight made Colonel Bouquet rub his eyes?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)