|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What calms True Son down enough to sleep on his first night in the Butler house?
(a) His brother's jabbering.
(b) His bearskin blanket.
(c) A lullaby in his Indian language.
(d) His mother's cooking.
2. Where does True Son tell Del that he is going?
(a) "A place where you can't tramp me with your big foot."
(b) "A place of much meanness and bad stenches."
(c) "The Indian resting grounds."
(d) "The place where the river joins the sky,"
3. Where does True Son sit to talk to Parson Elder?
(a) On a chair by his mother.
(b) On the table.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On a chair by the parson.
4. Who is the captain of the Peshtank men?
(a) Harry Butler.
(b) Uncle George.
(c) Parson Elder.
(d) Uncle Wilse.
5. True Son felt that the Indian fathers and mothers would be proud of them during the claiming of the captives for what reason?
(a) The captives spit at their white parents.
(b) The captives struggled as much as possible.
(c) The captives did not show their emotions.
(d) The captives took extra time with their appearances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does True Son immediately do when he sees his white father?
2. Del says that he has been ordered to accompany True Son and his father for what reason?
3. What is True Son's Indian mother's name?
4. Who tells True Son that they will soon meet a river?
5. Where was True Son when he was taken by Indians?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)