|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christmas sell in order to buy a new suit?
(a) His stamp collection
(b) Some antique farm equipment
(c) Some old coins
(d) A heifer
2. Christmas leaves the cabin taking with him _________________________.
(a) all the spare cash he can find
(b) a girlie/gun magazine, razor, shaving brush and shaving soap
(c) a list of errands he has to accomplish today
(d) some letters he has to mail
3. How much time does Byron spend at the mill?
(a) Whatever he feels like
(b) 40 hours
(c) Six days a week
(d) Part-time hours
4. Whose services does Christmas use many times over the years?
(a) Dry cleaners
5. Why does Christmas decide to sleep in the stables instead of the cabin?
(a) Because it is too hot in the cabin
(b) Because he has a new horse and wants to stay close to him
(c) Because his horse is about to give birth
(d) Because he wants to smell the horses which are masculine
6. What does Christmas do when he asks the waitress out and she wants to return home because she has her monthly period?
(a) He never talks to her again.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He hits her, runs away to the woods and vomits.
(d) He tells her that they can make a date for another night.
7. At whose home does Lena spend the night?
(a) At a rooming house
(b) At a bed and breakfast inn
(c) Armstid and his wife, Martha's house
(d) At the Holiday Inn
8. What does Christmas do with the alcohol in the tins?
(a) He drinks it all.
(b) He pours it onto the ground.
(c) He drinks half and pours the rest on the ground.
(d) He drinks half and saves the rest.
9. What does Christmas do when he returns to the spring?
(a) He writes in his diary.
(b) He eats breakfast and reads his magazine cover-to-cover.
(c) He takes another nap.
(d) He picks some berries for a treat.
10. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
(b) The bank teller
(c) Miss Burden
(d) The choir director
11. What does Christmas do instead of having sex with the girl when it is his turn?
(a) He helps her to get away.
(b) He just pretends to have sex with her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He just talks to her.
12. What does Bobbie call Christmas?
(a) A juvenile
(b) A fraud
(c) A liability
(d) A nigger
13. Where do Christmas and Brown live?
(a) In a rented house
(b) In a hotel
(c) In the cabin on Miss Burden's property
(d) In a studio apartment
14. What does Mame tuck into Christmas' pocket?
(a) A map
(b) A gun
(c) A knife
(d) A bank note
15. What does Bobbie do that lets Christmas know that she does not want to marry him?
(a) She refuses to pack her clothes.
(b) She slams a door in his face.
(c) She throws away his money and screams at him.
(d) She tells him that she enjoys being a whore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens one day when Christmas is taking some of the answer to #61?
2. Where does Lena go the next morning?
3. Christmas walks into the woods and reaches a point by a small stream where he ___________________.
4. Why is Christmas attracted to the waitress?
5. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)