|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lena live with in Doane's Mill?
(a) Her older brother
(b) Her best friend
(c) Her parents
(d) Her godparents
2. How does Mr. McEachern punish Christmas in the stable
(a) He berates him verbally.
(b) He makes him clean out the stalls.
(c) He makes him do heavy lifting.
(d) He whips him with a heavy strap multiple times.
3. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
(a) Because she lost her job.
(b) Because it will soon be a ghost town.
(c) Because she was evicted.
(d) Because she does not like anybody there.
4. What does Christmas do after he awakens?
(a) He goes to a small store nearby to buy food for breakfast.
(b) He decides to just spend the day daydreaming at the stream.
(c) He cooks the fish he has caught.
(d) He writes some letters that he has been been delaying.
5. Where does Lena go the next morning?
(a) She takes a train to Atlanta.
(b) She gets a wagon ride to Jefferson.
(c) She hitches a ride back home.
(d) She tries to get a job at the general store.
6. Whose services does Christmas use many times over the years?
(d) Dry cleaners
7. Who is Lena's brother?
8. What happens one day when Christmas is taking some of the answer to #61?
(a) The dietician and her lover enter her room for an amorous encounter.
(b) Christmas breaks a valuable keepsake.
(c) Christmas falls asleep.
(d) Christmas soils his clothes.
9. Joe begins to work very hard at the farm and soon Mr. McEachern gives him a new _________.
10. Where does Mr. McEachern find Christmas and Bobbie that night?
(a) At a bar in town
(b) At the justice of the peace office
(c) At a dance at a schoolroom in the country
(d) Parked in the woods
11. In the morning, Christmas returns to the cabin and dresses in _____________________.
(a) suit pants, white shirt and bow tie
(b) t-shirt and jeans
(d) formal suit and suspenders
12. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They send him to a sanitorium,
(b) They tell him to get his act together.
(c) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
(d) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
13. Who befriends Hightower after twenty years of his seclusion?
(a) Byron Bunch
(b) Joe Christmas
(c) Miss Atkins
(d) Lena Grove
14. What name does the dietician call Christmas?
(a) nigger bastard
(b) little rascal
(c) stupid brat
(d) filthy bastard
15. At whose home does Lena spend the night?
(a) Armstid and his wife, Martha's house
(b) At the Holiday Inn
(c) At a bed and breakfast inn
(d) At a rooming house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christmas do when he has no money to pay the answer to #112?
2. What does Christmas do when he earns some more money?
3. Who is the man that Byron Bunch recalls as coming to work at the planing mill three years ago?
4. Why does Mr. McEachern then go to church?
5. Why is Lena walking down the dusty road?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)