|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other man who shows up unexpectedly at the mill for a job?
2. How does Christmas escape the McEachern house one night?
(a) He pretends to go to school but runs away.
(b) He shimmies down a rope hanging from his bedroom window.
(c) He hitches a ride to the nearby bus station.
(d) He leaves when the McEacherns are at church.
3. Where do Christmas and Brown live?
(a) In a hotel
(b) In a studio apartment
(c) In the cabin on Miss Burden's property
(d) In a rented house
4. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
(a) Because he wants Lena to stop poking around in things that are not her business.
(b) Because he does not want her making a fool of herself in front of the whole town.
(c) Because he wants Lena to return home.
(d) Because he wants her to like him.
5. What does Miss Burden insist that Christmas do every day to prove his faithfulness?
(a) Bring her chocolates
(b) Pick her some flowers
(c) Check for a love letter in a hollow tree
(d) Write her a poem
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hines reveal to Hightower?
2. At whose home does Lena spend the night?
3. Of what does Hightower accuse Byron of doing?
4. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
5. Who is Lena's brother?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)