|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been living in the cabin on the Burden property?
(a) Lena and Lucas Burch
(b) Joe Christmas and Joe Brown
(c) Lena and Joe Brown
(d) Lena and Joe Christmas
2. What does Christmas do with the alcohol in the tins?
(a) He pours it onto the ground.
(b) He drinks half and saves the rest.
(c) He drinks it all.
(d) He drinks half and pours the rest on the ground.
3. What does Hightower understand when he hears the choir's songs emanating from his old church?
(a) That the organ desperately needs tuning
(b) That the songs are chosen for specific reasons
(c) That he does not like the new songs he hears
(d) That the townspeople plan on crucifying Christmas
4. The story transitions from an eight-year-old Christmas to Christmas at ___________________.
5. At whose home does Lena spend the night?
(a) At a rooming house
(b) At a bed and breakfast inn
(c) Armstid and his wife, Martha's house
(d) At the Holiday Inn
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of leaving town like the sheriff thinks he will do, what does Byron do that night?
2. What does Mrs. Hines reveal to Hightower?
3. In the morning, Christmas returns to the cabin and dresses in _____________________.
4. To where does Miss Burden make arrangements for Christmas to go?
5. What do the other mill workers discover that Joe Christmas has been doing?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)