|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lena move into the cabin?
(a) She thinks it is Lucas Burch's house.
(b) She does not want to return home.
(c) Her baby is due soon and she wants to give her child a home.
(d) She is tired and needs a place to rest.
2. How much time does Byron spend at the mill?
(a) Whatever he feels like
(b) Part-time hours
(c) 40 hours
(d) Six days a week
3. What is the name of the old couple who lives in Mottstown?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Hines
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Walker
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Bowden
4. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
(a) To teach Sunday School
(b) To be the priest at the Catholic Church
(c) To be the minister of the Presbyterian Church
(d) To lead the church choir
5. What does Christmas do when he leaves the house?
(a) He goes back home to ask for forgiveness.
(b) He asks his stepmother for more money.
(c) He goes to the sheriff's office to confess to killing McEachern.
(d) He runs and runs for fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one who knows that Byron drives all night on Saturdays in order to conduct the choir at a distant country church and then drive home in time to go to work on Mondays?
2. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
3. What does Christmas do when he earns some more money?
4. What are the men in the room discussing?
5. Why do the two men in the wagon, Armstid and Winterbottom, give Lena a ride?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)