|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the dietician call Christmas?
(a) nigger bastard
(b) filthy bastard
(c) stupid brat
(d) little rascal
2. Where did Mrs. Hightower go on Saturday nights?
(b) Out to dinner
(c) Choir practice
3. What does Joe Brown do after the murder?
(a) He tries to get word to Christmas that the sheriff is looking for him.
(b) He shows up in town, idenitifies Christmas as the murderer and claims the reward.
(c) He admits to killing Miss Burden.
(d) He runs away from town as fast as he can.
4. A negro awakens the sheriff at his home to tell him that a white man has terrorized some black people ____________.
(a) at the sawmill
(b) at a bus station
(c) at church
(d) at a restaurant
5. Why does Brown tell Lena he cannot stay at the cabin?
(a) He does not think the child is his.
(b) He does not love her anymore.
(c) He is very busy with securing the reward funds.
(d) He has plans with some friends in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old woman instinctively know about Christmas without even seeing him?
2. What does Mr. McEachern make Christmas do later in the day after the punishment?
3. Why is Joe ashamed when he places an order for pie and coffee?
4. Why does Byron not tell Miss Burden about Christmas and Brown's illegal whiskey business?
5. As Byron escorts Lena through the crowd in town talking about the fire, what does he not want Lena to hear?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)