|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Hightower accuse Byron of doing?
(a) Hiding the whereabouts of Lena's former lover
(b) Selling out Christmas to help his pregnant girlfriend's lover get the thousand-dollar reward
(c) Running bootleg whiskey with Christmas
(d) Initiating an inappropriate relationship with the pregnant Lena
2. What does Christmas trade a black woman for when he is on the run?
(b) a Bible
3. Byron takes Lena to a _______________ so she can spend the night.
(a) bed and breakfast
4. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
(a) Because it will soon be a ghost town.
(b) Because she does not like anybody there.
(c) Because she lost her job.
(d) Because she was evicted.
5. What is the name of the old couple who lives in Mottstown?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Hines
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Walker
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Jefferson
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Bowden
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sheriff tell Byron he will do?
2. What does Hightower ask Lena to do when he returns to the cabin later that day?
3. Where do Christmas and Brown live?
4. What does the dietician tell the janitor about Christmas
5. What does Brown give to the Negro boy in the woods?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)