|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lena's brother?
2. What does Hightower ask Lena to do when he returns to the cabin later that day?
(a) To name the baby after him
(b) To marry Byron so the baby will have a father in his life
(c) To let him be the godfather of the new baby
(d) To not force Byron to stay with her because she has another man's child
3. What does Christmas do with the waitress?
(a) They go to the movies.
(b) They meet two nights a week to have sex.
(c) They go out drinking in another town.
(d) They sing in the church choir.
4. Why does Hightower think he let down the people of Jefferson?
(a) Because he tried to support church leadership instead of tending to the spiritual needs of the people.
(b) Because he was not very high up in his class at the seminary
(c) Because he wanted to allow Negroes to attend services
(d) Because he was not a very good fund raiser
5. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
(b) At the library
(c) In seclusion at his home
(d) In a bar
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
2. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
3. What does Christmas announce to everyone present?
4. What does Lena carry to prevent them from getting dirty?
5. Who has been living in the cabin on the Burden property?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)