|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hightower understand when he hears the choir's songs emanating from his old church?
(a) That the organ desperately needs tuning
(b) That the songs are chosen for specific reasons
(c) That the townspeople plan on crucifying Christmas
(d) That he does not like the new songs he hears
2. How does Christmas escape the McEachern house one night?
(a) He shimmies down a rope hanging from his bedroom window.
(b) He pretends to go to school but runs away.
(c) He hitches a ride to the nearby bus station.
(d) He leaves when the McEacherns are at church.
3. What do the men do to Christmas?
(a) They beat him senseless.
(b) They give him a head start.
(c) They promise not to inform on him.
(d) They let him leave without incident.
4. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
(b) They tell him to get his act together.
(c) They send him to a sanitorium,
(d) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
5. What does Christmas sell in order to buy a new suit?
(a) A heifer
(b) Some antique farm equipment
(c) Some old coins
(d) His stamp collection
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the demeanor of the answer to #13?
2. What does Christmas do when he has no money to pay the answer to #112?
3. What does the dietician offer Christmas as a bribe?
4. How does Milly Hines die?
5. Of what does Hightower accuse Byron of doing?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)