|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to prevent the answer to #46 from entering the house to check for survivors?
(a) A neighbor
(b) A policeman
(c) A sheriff's deputy
(d) A drunken man
2. Where does the janitor take Christmas?
(a) To the movies
(b) To church
(c) To a different orphanage
(d) To a ballgame
3. How old is Miss Burden when she discovers him stealing food from her house?
(a) Fifty-three years old
(b) Thirty-years old
(c) Twenty-five years old
(d) Forty-one years old
4. What does Lena carry to prevent them from getting dirty?
(a) Her gloves
(b) Her shoes
(c) Her raincoat
(d) Her boots
5. Why does Christmas feel that something powerful is taking over his body and something irreversible is about to happen?
(a) Because he has a violent temper
(b) Because he is on a new medication
(c) Because he is drunk
(d) Because Miss Burden had been praying over him
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Miss Burden opens up about her family history?
2. Where does Lena go the next morning?
3. What does Christmas do when he returns to the spring?
4. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
5. What does Miss Burden leave out for Christmas every Saturday?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)