|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Hightower wanted to come to Jefferson originally?
(a) Because his grandfather had been killed there during the Civil War
(b) Because he had an old college friend living there
(c) Because he liked small towns
(d) Because it had a nice rectory
2. What is Joe Christmas' biggest secret?
(a) He is a bastard.
(b) He is part Negro.
(c) He is a thief.
(d) He is a fugitive.
3. Byron tells Hightower that a ______________ discovered the fire at the Burden place yesterday morning.
(d) traveling salesman
4. Who is the man that Byron Bunch recalls as coming to work at the planing mill three years ago?
(a) Joe Christmas
(b) Joe Kennedy
(c) Joe Louis
(d) Joe Miller
5. Why does Byron need Hightower to get involved with Christmas' plight?
(a) Because Hightower is Christmas' gay lover
(b) Because Hightower knows people in high places
(c) Because Hightower is still a man of God
(d) Because Hightower is also a lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. The baby's first cry also has a strong emotional release for Byron. Why?
2. Where does Lena go the next morning?
3. What does Mrs. Hines reveal to Hightower?
4. What is Christmas' plan?
5. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)