|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other mill workers discover that Joe Christmas has been doing?
(a) Working the night shift
(b) Volunteering at the hospital
(c) Selling whiskey illegally
(d) Driving a cab
2. Christmas leaves the cabin taking with him _________________________.
(a) all the spare cash he can find
(b) a list of errands he has to accomplish today
(c) some letters he has to mail
(d) a girlie/gun magazine, razor, shaving brush and shaving soap
3. What does Mame tuck into Christmas' pocket?
(a) A bank note
(b) A gun
(c) A knife
(d) A map
4. What does Christmas do when he earns some more money?
(a) He buys some girlie magazines.
(b) He takes his friends out drinking.
(c) He goes to a movie.
(d) He returns to the restaurant and pays the waitress the balance of what he owed for his pie and coffee.
5. Christmas finds that Miss Burden's behavior is like that of a what?
(c) preacher's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron not tell Miss Burden about Christmas and Brown's illegal whiskey business?
2. What is in the six metal tins which Christmas digs up in a nearby ditch?
3. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
4. What does Miss Burden leave out for Christmas every Saturday?
5. Why do the townspeople virtually ignore Miss Burden?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)