|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sheriff has his men beat a Negro so that he will them what?
(a) That Miss Burden was crazy
(b) That Miss Burden had a lot of enemies
(c) That no one would ever hurt Miss Burden
(d) That Christmas and Brown lived in the cabin
2. What does the deputy tell the sheriff about Lena?
(a) That Lucas Burch is trying to find Lena.
(b) That Lena is nothing but a troublemaker and should be run out of town.
(c) That Lena has asked the deputy to help her find Lucas Burch.
(d) That Joe Brown is also Lucas Burch and the father of Lena's unborn child.
3. What does Mr. McEachern want Christmas to do?
(a) Become a better fisherman
(b) Chop more wood for the house
(c) Memorize his catechism studies
(d) Learn how to farm
4. What does Christmas do when he asks the waitress out and she wants to return home because she has her monthly period?
(a) He never talks to her again.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He hits her, runs away to the woods and vomits.
(d) He tells her that they can make a date for another night.
5. What does Miss Burden insist that Christmas do every day to prove his faithfulness?
(a) Write her a poem
(b) Pick her some flowers
(c) Check for a love letter in a hollow tree
(d) Bring her chocolates
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lena after she sneaks out of McKinley's house one night?
2. What does Christmas eat while on the run?
3. As Byron escorts Lena through the crowd in town talking about the fire, what does he not want Lena to hear?
4. Mr. McEachern tells Christmas that the name "Christmas" is _________ and the boy will be called McEachern.
5. Christmas walks into the woods and reaches a point by a small stream where he ___________________.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)