|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does McKinley think is the father of Lena's baby?
(a) Lucas Burch
(b) Larry MacKenzie
(c) Carlton Howard
(d) Mike Bowers
2. What does Christmas do when he asks the waitress out and she wants to return home because she has her monthly period?
(a) He tells her that they can make a date for another night.
(b) He hits her, runs away to the woods and vomits.
(c) He never talks to her again.
(d) He ignores her.
3. How does Milly Hines die?
(a) In a car accident
(b) By taking sleeping pills
(c) In a house fire
(d) Giving birth to Christmas
4. How much older than Lena is McKinley?
(a) 7 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 13 years
(d) 20 years
5. Why does Christmas feel that something powerful is taking over his body and something irreversible is about to happen?
(a) Because he is on a new medication
(b) Because he is drunk
(c) Because Miss Burden had been praying over him
(d) Because he has a violent temper
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron not tell Lena that Joe Brown is actually Lucas Burch?
2. What does Christmas do when he has no money to pay the answer to #112?
3. What does Christmas take from Mrs. McEachern's secret hiding place?
4. The story transitions from an eight-year-old Christmas to Christmas at ___________________.
5. What do the other mill workers discover that Joe Christmas has been doing?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)