|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose home does Lena spend the night?
(a) At the Holiday Inn
(b) At a bed and breakfast inn
(c) At a rooming house
(d) Armstid and his wife, Martha's house
2. What do Christmas and Brown call work at the mill after they quit?
(a) "too damn hard"
(c) "nigger's work"
(d) "a real back breaker"
3. Who did Lena live with in Doane's Mill?
(a) Her parents
(b) Her best friend
(c) Her older brother
(d) Her godparents
4. Why do the two men in the wagon, Armstid and Winterbottom, give Lena a ride?
(a) So she can pay them for the ride
(b) So she can give them directions
(c) So she can rest awhile
(d) So she can find Lucas
5. Why is Lena walking down the dusty road?
(a) She is lost.
(b) She likes to take walks.
(c) She is taking a short cut.
(d) She is looking for the father of her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hightower do to supplement his monthly inheritance since he lost his position at the church twenty-five years ago?
2. Where does Lena go the next morning?
3. What is Lena's hometown?
4. Where do Christmas and Brown live?
5. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)