|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
(b) They tell him to get his act together.
(c) They send him to a sanitorium,
(d) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
2. What is Lena's hometown?
(a) Memphis, Tennessee
(b) Montgomery, Alabama
(c) Doane's Mill, Alabama
(d) Mobile, Alabama
3. Why was Hightower fired from his ministry position?
(a) Because he was not technically savvy
(b) Because he took too many vacations
(c) Because of the scandal caused by his wife
(d) Because he lacked the proper credentials
4. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
(a) Because man is more afraid of change than of the troubles he already has experienced and those familiar to him.
(b) Because they have had disastrous experiences with women before.
(c) Because they have anti-social personalities
(d) Because they do not like team events.
5. What does Lena carry to prevent them from getting dirty?
(a) Her gloves
(b) Her raincoat
(c) Her boots
(d) Her shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who befriends Hightower after twenty years of his seclusion?
2. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
3. Where does Lena go the next morning?
4. What does Hightower do to supplement his monthly inheritance since he lost his position at the church twenty-five years ago?
5. Who is Lena's brother?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)