|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
(a) Because it will soon be a ghost town.
(b) Because she does not like anybody there.
(c) Because she was evicted.
(d) Because she lost her job.
2. Who did Lena live with in Doane's Mill?
(a) Her parents
(b) Her godparents
(c) Her older brother
(d) Her best friend
3. Why is Lena walking down the dusty road?
(a) She is lost.
(b) She is looking for the father of her child.
(c) She likes to take walks.
(d) She is taking a short cut.
4. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
(b) The bank teller
(c) Miss Burden
(d) The choir director
5. Who is the only one who knows that Byron drives all night on Saturdays in order to conduct the choir at a distant country church and then drive home in time to go to work on Mondays?
(a) Former minister Hightower
(d) Lucas Burch
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Byron spend at the mill?
2. Who is Lena's brother?
3. What do the other mill workers discover that Joe Christmas has been doing?
4. Where does Lena go the next morning?
5. Lena asks Byron if Joe Brown has a _________ by his mouth.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)