|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
(a) To teach Sunday School
(b) To lead the church choir
(c) To be the priest at the Catholic Church
(d) To be the minister of the Presbyterian Church
2. What is Lena's hometown?
(a) Doane's Mill, Alabama
(b) Memphis, Tennessee
(c) Montgomery, Alabama
(d) Mobile, Alabama
3. Who is the other man who shows up unexpectedly at the mill for a job?
4. What do Christmas and Brown call work at the mill after they quit?
(a) "a real back breaker"
(b) "nigger's work"
(d) "too damn hard"
5. Why has Lena left Doane's Mill?
(a) Because she lost her job.
(b) Because she was evicted.
(c) Because she does not like anybody there.
(d) Because it will soon be a ghost town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hightower fired from his ministry position?
2. Where does Lena go the next morning?
3. Why is Lena walking down the dusty road?
4. How do the townspeople know that Mrs. Hightower is on the verge of a breakdown?
5. What is the demeanor of the answer to #13?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)