|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lena carry to prevent them from getting dirty?
(a) Her shoes
(b) Her boots
(c) Her gloves
(d) Her raincoat
2. How do the townspeople know that Mrs. Hightower is on the verge of a breakdown?
(a) She refuses to join in Bible study groups.
(b) She has no interest in fundraising drives.
(c) She interrupts her husband's Sunday sermon by standing in the church aisle shrieking at him.
(d) She refuses to go to choir practice.
3. Who is Lena's brother?
4. When Hightower does not leave, who threatens him by beating him unconscious in the woods near his home?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan
(b) The church elders
(c) The Mafia
(d) A group of thugs
5. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
(a) Because they have had disastrous experiences with women before.
(b) Because they do not like team events.
(c) Because man is more afraid of change than of the troubles he already has experienced and those familiar to him.
(d) Because they have anti-social personalities
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lena walking down the dusty road?
2. Who did Lena live with in Doane's Mill?
3. What is Lena's hometown?
4. Why had Hightower wanted to come to Jefferson originally?
5. How much older than Lena is McKinley?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)