|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Byron ask of Hightower?
(a) To consider practicing as a minister once again
(b) To bring his medical book to the cabin and deliver Lena's baby
(c) To talk to Christmas about the murder of Miss Burden
(d) To lend him enough money to leave town
2. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They send him to a sanitorium,
(b) They tell him to get his act together.
(c) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
(d) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
3. Who does Joe Brown accuse of murdering the answer to #42?
(a) Joe Christmas
(b) Lucas Burch
(c) Lena Grove
4. As Byron escorts Lena through the crowd in town talking about the fire, what does he not want Lena to hear?
(a) That Miss Burden was murdered
(b) That Joe Christmas was murdered.
(c) That Hightower was murdered.
(d) That Lucas Burch was murdered.
5. What happens as Christmas comes to in Bobbie's room?
(a) He hears Bobbie and the others prepare to depart.
(b) He counts his money.
(c) He thinks he is dead.
(d) He wonders what happened to McEachern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena asks Byron if Joe Brown has a _________ by his mouth.
2. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
3. What is the demeanor of the answer to #13?
4. What does Hightower understand when he hears the choir's songs emanating from his old church?
5. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)