|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron tell Hightower has happened at the Burden house?
(a) A fire
(b) A big party
(c) A drug raid
(d) A room has been added
2. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They send him to a sanitorium,
(b) They tell him to get his act together.
(c) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
(d) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
3. Instead of leaving town like the sheriff thinks he will do, what does Byron do that night?
(a) He finishes packing his household goods.
(b) He hides outside the cabin and watches Brown arrive and then leave quickly by the back door.
(c) He goes to the bar to say goodbye to his buddies.
(d) He stays with a friend.
4. Who does the dietician approach to exact her revenge on Christmas?
(a) the math teacher
(b) the janitor
(c) the school nurse
(d) the principal
5. What does Mr. McEachern make Christmas do later in the day after the punishment?
(a) He makes Christmas stay in his room for the rest of the weekend.
(b) He makes Christmas apologize.
(c) He makes Christmas kneel on the floor by his bed to pray.
(d) He makes Christmas vow that he will do better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Byron fall in love with at first sight?
2. Where is Christmas finally able to relax and sleep?
3. Who is the man that Byron Bunch recalls as coming to work at the planing mill three years ago?
4. What does Byron Bunch tell Hightower he is going to do with the cabin on Miss Burden's property?
5. Whose services does Christmas use many times over the years?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)