|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
2. Why does Brown tell Lena he cannot stay at the cabin?
(a) He is very busy with securing the reward funds.
(b) He has plans with some friends in town.
(c) He does not love her anymore.
(d) He does not think the child is his.
3. When Hightower does not leave, who threatens him by beating him unconscious in the woods near his home?
(a) The church elders
(b) The Ku Klux Klan
(c) The Mafia
(d) A group of thugs
4. Why was Hightower fired from his ministry position?
(a) Because he took too many vacations
(b) Because of the scandal caused by his wife
(c) Because he lacked the proper credentials
(d) Because he was not technically savvy
5. Byron takes Lena to a _______________ so she can spend the night.
(c) bed and breakfast
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Byron bring to Hightower's house?
2. What does Mrs. McEachern bring Christmas after Mr. McEachern leaves?
3. Why does Joe Christmas refrain from beating Joe Brown when he could have easily killed him the night in the cabin?
4. How much is the reward for the apprehension of Miss Burden's murderer?
5. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)