|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron tell Hightower has happened at the Burden house?
(a) A fire
(b) A big party
(c) A room has been added
(d) A drug raid
2. What does Hightower ask Lena to do when he returns to the cabin later that day?
(a) To name the baby after him
(b) To marry Byron so the baby will have a father in his life
(c) To let him be the godfather of the new baby
(d) To not force Byron to stay with her because she has another man's child
3. What does the dietician tell the janitor about Christmas
(a) That he is a nigger and will have to be sent to a nigger orphanage
(b) That he will be adopted soon
(c) That he will never be adopted
(d) That he is too old to stay in this orphanage
4. What does Bobbie call Christmas?
(a) A nigger
(b) A liability
(c) A juvenile
(d) A fraud
5. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christmas leaves the cabin taking with him _________________________.
2. Byron tells Hightower that a ______________ discovered the fire at the Burden place yesterday morning.
3. When Hightower does not leave, who threatens him by beating him unconscious in the woods near his home?
4. What does the answer to #46 discover when he finds Miss Burden?
5. This chapter goes back in time to provide the reader with information about events. This technique is called _________________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)