|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Christmas and Brown live?
(a) In a studio apartment
(b) In a hotel
(c) In the cabin on Miss Burden's property
(d) In a rented house
2. What item in the dietician's bathroom at the orphanage fascinates the five-year-old Christmas?
(a) Talcum powder
(d) Pink toothpaste
3. What is the demeanor of the answer to #13?
(a) Intelligent and serious
(b) Easygoing and happy
(c) Proud and contemptuous
(d) The life of the party
4. How did Mrs. Hightower die?
(a) She had a heart attack.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She either fell or jumped from a Memphis hotel room.
(d) She took an overdose of sleeping pills.
5. What does the dietician tell the janitor about Christmas
(a) That he will never be adopted
(b) That he is a nigger and will have to be sent to a nigger orphanage
(c) That he will be adopted soon
(d) That he is too old to stay in this orphanage
Short Answer Questions
1. The story transitions from an eight-year-old Christmas to Christmas at ___________________.
2. What does Hightower ask Lena to do when he returns to the cabin later that day?
3. Where does Mr. McEachern find Christmas and Bobbie that night?
4. Why does Christmas feel that something powerful is taking over his body and something irreversible is about to happen?
5. Who is the other man who shows up unexpectedly at the mill for a job?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)