|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
(a) In a bar
(b) In seclusion at his home
(d) At the library
2. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
(a) Because man is more afraid of change than of the troubles he already has experienced and those familiar to him.
(b) Because they have had disastrous experiences with women before.
(c) Because they do not like team events.
(d) Because they have anti-social personalities
3. What does Christmas do after he awakens?
(a) He writes some letters that he has been been delaying.
(b) He goes to a small store nearby to buy food for breakfast.
(c) He decides to just spend the day daydreaming at the stream.
(d) He cooks the fish he has caught.
4. Christmas leaves the cabin taking with him _________________________.
(a) all the spare cash he can find
(b) some letters he has to mail
(c) a list of errands he has to accomplish today
(d) a girlie/gun magazine, razor, shaving brush and shaving soap
5. What does Mame tuck into Christmas' pocket?
(a) A knife
(b) A map
(c) A gun
(d) A bank note
Short Answer Questions
1. Christmas walks into the woods and reaches a point by a small stream where he ___________________.
2. What does Mr. McEachern want Christmas to do?
3. When Hightower does not leave, who threatens him by beating him unconscious in the woods near his home?
4. Why was Hightower fired from his ministry position?
5. This chapter goes back in time to provide the reader with information about events. This technique is called _________________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)