|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the intention of the four boys?
(a) They want to get drunk.
(b) They want to smoke some dope inside the sawmill.
(c) They want to meet some wild girls from out of town.
(d) They are going to have sex with a Negro girl waiting inside the sawmill.
2. Where is Christmas headed with his three friends?
(a) To the next town
(b) To the local bar
(c) To the river
(d) To a deserted sawmill
3. What does Christmas do with the alcohol in the tins?
(a) He drinks half and saves the rest.
(b) He drinks half and pours the rest on the ground.
(c) He drinks it all.
(d) He pours it onto the ground.
4. Why does Christmas decide to sleep in the stables instead of the cabin?
(a) Because he wants to smell the horses which are masculine
(b) Because it is too hot in the cabin
(c) Because his horse is about to give birth
(d) Because he has a new horse and wants to stay close to him
5. Why had Hightower wanted to come to Jefferson originally?
(a) Because it had a nice rectory
(b) Because he had an old college friend living there
(c) Because he liked small towns
(d) Because his grandfather had been killed there during the Civil War
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christmas do as he stands underneath Miss Burden's bedroom window?
2. What happens after Miss Burden opens up about her family history?
3. What does Christmas do when he has no money to pay the answer to #112?
4. The story transitions from an eight-year-old Christmas to Christmas at ___________________.
5. Christmas finds that Miss Burden's behavior is like that of a what?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)