|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople do after Mrs. Hightower's death?
(a) They send him to a sanitorium,
(b) They send him on a much-needed vacation.
(c) They force Hightower to resign, lock him out of the church and give him momey to relocate.
(d) They tell him to get his act together.
2. What does Hightower do to supplement his monthly inheritance since he lost his position at the church twenty-five years ago?
(a) He has a landscaping business.
(b) He does people's taxes.
(c) He provides artistic services.
(d) He is a writer.
3. Why does Mr. McEachern then go to church?
(a) To expiate his sins
(b) To set up the hymnals for the next day's services
(c) To ask God to rid him of the burden of Christmas.
(d) To ask God for help in raising Christmas
4. Why does Byron think that he and Hightower continue to lead such solitary lives?
(a) Because they do not like team events.
(b) Because they have anti-social personalities
(c) Because man is more afraid of change than of the troubles he already has experienced and those familiar to him.
(d) Because they have had disastrous experiences with women before.
5. Christmas walks into the woods and reaches a point by a small stream where he ___________________.
(a) goes fishing
(b) goes swimming
(c) builds a fire and takes a nap
(d) whittles for awhile
Short Answer Questions
1. Who befriends Hightower after twenty years of his seclusion?
2. What does Christmas do on the side without telling Miss Burden?
3. Christmas finds that Miss Burden's behavior is like that of a what?
4. What does Christmas do with the alcohol in the tins?
5. What happens as Christmas comes to in Bobbie's room?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)