|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. McEachern bring Christmas after Mr. McEachern leaves?
(a) Some clean clothes
(b) Some hot chocolate
(c) A Bible
(d) A tray of food
2. Why does Joe Christmas refrain from beating Joe Brown when he could have easily killed him the night in the cabin?
(a) Because Joe Brown overpowers Joe Christmas
(b) Because Joe Brown is Joe Christmas' best friend
(c) Because Joe Christmas really wants to kill Miss Burden
(d) Because Joe Christmas does not have the heart of a killer
3. What does Christmas do instead of having sex with the girl when it is his turn?
(a) He helps her to get away.
(b) He just talks to her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He just pretends to have sex with her.
4. What does Mr. McEachern make Christmas do later in the day after the punishment?
(a) He makes Christmas apologize.
(b) He makes Christmas kneel on the floor by his bed to pray.
(c) He makes Christmas stay in his room for the rest of the weekend.
(d) He makes Christmas vow that he will do better.
5. How did Mrs. Hightower die?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She either fell or jumped from a Memphis hotel room.
(c) She took an overdose of sleeping pills.
(d) She had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christmas realize that racial prejudice is not as strong in the north as it is in the south?
2. To where does Miss Burden make arrangements for Christmas to go?
3. Why had Hightower originally come to town?
4. What does Christmas do with the alcohol in the tins?
5. What does Christmas do on the side without telling Miss Burden?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)