|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hightower fired from his ministry position?
(a) Because of the scandal caused by his wife
(b) Because he was not technically savvy
(c) Because he took too many vacations
(d) Because he lacked the proper credentials
2. How did Mrs. Hightower die?
(a) She had a heart attack.
(b) She took an overdose of sleeping pills.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She either fell or jumped from a Memphis hotel room.
3. How does Mr. McEachern punish Christmas in the stable
(a) He whips him with a heavy strap multiple times.
(b) He makes him do heavy lifting.
(c) He makes him clean out the stalls.
(d) He berates him verbally.
4. In the morning, Christmas returns to the cabin and dresses in _____________________.
(a) formal suit and suspenders
(b) suit pants, white shirt and bow tie
(d) t-shirt and jeans
5. Why does Mr. McEachern then go to church?
(a) To expiate his sins
(b) To ask God for help in raising Christmas
(c) To ask God to rid him of the burden of Christmas.
(d) To set up the hymnals for the next day's services
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christmas realize that racial prejudice is not as strong in the north as it is in the south?
2. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
3. Why does Christmas decide to sleep in the stables instead of the cabin?
4. Where is Christmas headed with his three friends?
5. What does Christmas do on the side without telling Miss Burden?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)