|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Hightower wanted to come to Jefferson originally?
(a) Because it had a nice rectory
(b) Because his grandfather had been killed there during the Civil War
(c) Because he had an old college friend living there
(d) Because he liked small towns
2. Where did Mrs. Hightower go on Saturday nights?
(a) Choir practice
(b) Out to dinner
3. Where does Hightower now spend all his time?
(b) In a bar
(c) In seclusion at his home
(d) At the library
4. What does Mame tuck into Christmas' pocket?
(a) A bank note
(b) A knife
(c) A map
(d) A gun
5. Why does Joe Christmas refrain from beating Joe Brown when he could have easily killed him the night in the cabin?
(a) Because Joe Brown overpowers Joe Christmas
(b) Because Joe Christmas does not have the heart of a killer
(c) Because Joe Brown is Joe Christmas' best friend
(d) Because Joe Christmas really wants to kill Miss Burden
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hightower does not leave, who threatens him by beating him unconscious in the woods near his home?
2. What does Christmas do after he awakens?
3. Why does Christmas feel that something powerful is taking over his body and something irreversible is about to happen?
4. What does Miss Burden insist that Christmas do every day to prove his faithfulness?
5. Why does Mr. McEachern then go to church?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)