|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the janitor take Christmas?
(a) To a different orphanage
(b) To a ballgame
(c) To the movies
(d) To church
2. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
3. Mr. McEachern tells Christmas that the name "Christmas" is _________ and the boy will be called McEachern.
(b) too holiday-sounding
(c) too seasonal
4. Why do the townspeople virtually ignore Miss Burden?
(a) Because she never married
(b) Because she associates with Negroes
(c) Because she is more intelligent than any of them
(d) Because she is too eccentric
5. Of what does Hightower accuse Byron of doing?
(a) Initiating an inappropriate relationship with the pregnant Lena
(b) Hiding the whereabouts of Lena's former lover
(c) Running bootleg whiskey with Christmas
(d) Selling out Christmas to help his pregnant girlfriend's lover get the thousand-dollar reward
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christmas come to understand about women?
2. What does Hightower understand when he hears the choir's songs emanating from his old church?
3. How does Milly Hines die?
4. Who does the dietician approach to exact her revenge on Christmas?
5. What does Mrs. Hines reveal to Hightower?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)