|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Byron need Hightower to get involved with Christmas' plight?
(a) Because Hightower is still a man of God
(b) Because Hightower is also a lawyer
(c) Because Hightower is Christmas' gay lover
(d) Because Hightower knows people in high places
2. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
(a) Miss Burden
(b) Mr. and Mrs. McEachern
(c) Rev. Hightower
(d) The janitor
3. How many days pass before Christmas is returned to the orphanage?
4. What does Miss Burden leave out for Christmas every Saturday?
(a) A meal in the kitchen
(b) A paycheck
(c) A to-do list
(d) A Bible lesson
5. What does Hightower understand when he hears the choir's songs emanating from his old church?
(a) That the songs are chosen for specific reasons
(b) That the townspeople plan on crucifying Christmas
(c) That the organ desperately needs tuning
(d) That he does not like the new songs he hears
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the dietician approach to exact her revenge on Christmas?
2. What does Christmas come to understand about women?
3. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
4. What does the dietician tell the janitor about Christmas
5. Why do the townspeople virtually ignore Miss Burden?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)