|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. McEachern
(b) Rev. Hightower
(c) Miss Burden
(d) The janitor
2. How does the relationship between Christmas and Miss Burden evolve?
(a) They become lovers.
(b) They become best friends.
(c) The friendship cools off after a year.
(d) He becomes the manager of her farm.
3. Why do the townspeople virtually ignore Miss Burden?
(a) Because she is too eccentric
(b) Because she is more intelligent than any of them
(c) Because she associates with Negroes
(d) Because she never married
4. What does Mrs. Hines reveal to Hightower?
(a) That she would like to lead a choir someday
(b) That she respects his position in the community
(c) That she has never been to Jefferson before
(d) That Christmas is the bastard son of their deceased daughter, Milly
5. What does Miss Burden leave out for Christmas every Saturday?
(a) A paycheck
(b) A Bible lesson
(c) A meal in the kitchen
(d) A to-do list
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dietician offer Christmas as a bribe?
2. How many days pass before Christmas is returned to the orphanage?
3. Why does Byron need Hightower to get involved with Christmas' plight?
4. What name does the dietician call Christmas?
5. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)