|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Byron bring to Hightower's house?
(a) Lucas Burch
(b) Lena's parents
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Gould
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Hines
2. Where does Christmas get a job?
(a) At the bus station
(b) At the planing mill
(c) At the dry goods store
(d) At the gas station
3. What name does the dietician call Christmas?
(a) stupid brat
(b) filthy bastard
(c) nigger bastard
(d) little rascal
4. Who makes plans to adopt Christmas and take him away from the orphanage?
(a) The janitor
(b) Rev. Hightower
(c) Mr. and Mrs. McEachern
(d) Miss Burden
5. What item in the dietician's bathroom at the orphanage fascinates the five-year-old Christmas?
(c) Pink toothpaste
(d) Talcum powder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hightower understand when he hears the choir's songs emanating from his old church?
2. How old is Miss Burden when she discovers him stealing food from her house?
3. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
4. What does the dietician offer Christmas as a bribe?
5. Mr. McEachern tells Christmas that the name "Christmas" is _________ and the boy will be called McEachern.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)