|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Hightower accuse Byron of doing?
(a) Initiating an inappropriate relationship with the pregnant Lena
(b) Running bootleg whiskey with Christmas
(c) Hiding the whereabouts of Lena's former lover
(d) Selling out Christmas to help his pregnant girlfriend's lover get the thousand-dollar reward
2. What item in the dietician's bathroom at the orphanage fascinates the five-year-old Christmas?
(a) Pink toothpaste
(b) Talcum powder
3. What does the answer to #65 call the dietician's problem with the Christmas situation?
4. When Christmas' position in the room is revealed, the dietician accuses him of __________.
5. What does Hightower understand when he hears the choir's songs emanating from his old church?
(a) That the songs are chosen for specific reasons
(b) That he does not like the new songs he hears
(c) That the organ desperately needs tuning
(d) That the townspeople plan on crucifying Christmas
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the dietician call Christmas?
2. What does Mrs. Hines reveal to Hightower?
3. How old is Miss Burden when she discovers him stealing food from her house?
4. Where does the janitor take Christmas?
5. What does the dietician offer Christmas as a bribe?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)