|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much debt does the savings and loan companies seem to want to sell in 1981?
(a) One billion dollars.
(b) One trillion dollars.
(c) Fifty billion dollars.
2. What are the bonds of one-time blue-chip companies called?
(a) Loss leaders.
(b) Second-string bonds.
(c) Convertible bonds.
(d) Fallen angels.
3. On Wall Street, there is no theoretical basis for pricing a homeowner's option to _____ his loan.
(a) Default on.
4. What are the European genus, English species, of slick financial people called?
5. This person is charged with coordinating all deals on the trading floor.
(a) A corporate coordinator.
(b) A syndicate manager.
(c) A portfolio manager.
(d) A money market chairperson.
Short Answer Questions
1. A guiding principle of Salomon Brothers that Tom Strauss iterates to the author is that customers have _____.
2. A carnival performer who bites the heads off live chickens and snakes is definition of a _____.
3. Howie Rubin is picked up by which company when he is fired from Merrill Lynch?
4. What author does the author recommend to his Prussian colleagues?
5. What is the chief occupational hazard of the trading floor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the particular need of thrifts in terms of investing in the mortgage bond market?
2. Who took the hit for the AT&T bond loss that the author advised Herman on?
3. What is drifting away from Salomon Brothers and toward Drexel Burnham in 1987? Why?
4. What characterizes Stu Willicker's leadership style?
5. What is happening in colleges in Britain by the end of 1986?
6. Does Michael Milken consider himself a part of Drexel Burnham?
7. When is the best time to sell short?
8. From the moment the Federal Reserve lifted interest rates in October 1979, what happens to the thrifts?
9. As the author gains more experience working in London, what does he think interests European traders that differs from American traders?
10. What are the two kinds of friction at Salomon Brothers?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)