|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ritual of the London office is fairly renowned in New York?
(a) Two-hour lunches.
(b) Going to France on the weekends.
(c) Wine at work.
(d) Working late hours.
2. Which country's interest rate is part of the deal for which "the opportunist" steals credit?
3. What is the name of the standard of one hundred cents on the dollar?
(a) Whole dividend.
(b) Coupon rate.
(d) Whole life.
4. The pet name that bond traders give to the corporate finance department is _____.
(a) The Cleveland Browns.
(b) The Who.
(c) Twenty Mule Team.
(d) Team Xerox.
5. What is the chief occupational hazard of the trading floor?
(a) Loss of concentration.
(b) Carpal tunnel.
(d) Hearing loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that means trading riskily for profit?
2. Where does Dash see a painting that he wants?
3. What are the bonds of one-time blue-chip companies called?
4. The quote in "The Art of War" that captures the essence of the chapter is "God gave you eyes, _____."
5. Ranieri is characterized by the author as perhaps the first _____ in the history of Wall Street.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two kinds of friction at Salomon Brothers?
2. As the author gains more experience working in London, what does he think interests European traders that differs from American traders?
3. Why do thrifts come back for more, even though they don't understand what is happening to their loans in the mortgage bond market?
4. What is the relationship of IOs and POs to the market?
5. What is selling short?
6. What happens to the average age and the average age at Salomon Brothers in London in 1987?
7. Why do costs at Salomon Brothers seem to suddenly matter in 1985?
8. What is drifting away from Salomon Brothers and toward Drexel Burnham in 1987? Why?
9. What is happening in colleges in Britain by the end of 1986?
10. What is the particular need of thrifts in terms of investing in the mortgage bond market?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)