|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest most expensive real estate project in Manhattan on which Salomon Brothers bails out at a $107 million loss?
(a) Columbus Circle.
(b) Crystal Island.
(c) The Long Island Bridge.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
2. What type of nightmares is the author having at the beginning of "The Art of War"?
(a) Elementary school.
3. On Wall Street, there is no theoretical basis for pricing a homeowner's option to _____ his loan.
(d) Default on.
4. Ranieri is the guru of the _____ industry.
(a) Junk bond.
5. Steve Roth and Scott Brittenham make millions of dollars trading _____.
(a) Junk securities.
(b) Federal project loans.
(c) Corporate bonds.
(d) Small Business Administration loans.
6. What author does the author recommend to his Prussian colleagues?
(a) John Suskind.
(c) Anthony Robbins.
(d) Dale Carnegie.
7. Where does Dash see a painting that he wants?
(c) The Metropolitan Museum.
8. What is the name of the Federal Housing Administration's approval to trade in whole loans?
(a) A bogey.
(b) A birdie.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A put.
9. What are the bonds of one-time blue-chip companies called?
(a) Convertible bonds.
(b) Loss leaders.
(c) Fallen angels.
(d) Second-string bonds.
10. In Salomon Brothers: Advance to Leadership, Gutfreund is cast as what type of figure?
(a) A de Gaulle.
(b) A messiah.
(c) A Churchill.
(d) An Isaiah.
11. Howie Rubin is picked up by which company when he is fired from Merrill Lynch?
(a) Drexel Burnham.
(b) Shearson Lehman.
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Bear Stearns.
12. CMO's are divided into slices, or _____.
13. What is the expression that describes a customer who has gone under as a result of a trade?
(a) Wiped out.
(c) Blown up.
14. What is another name for an individual home loan?
(a) A windfall advantage loan.
(b) A window loan.
(c) A hammer loan.
(d) A whole loan.
15. What is the name of the standard of one hundred cents on the dollar?
(a) Whole dividend.
(b) Whole life.
(d) Coupon rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country's interest rate is part of the deal for which "the opportunist" steals credit?
2. What is Latin for "buyer beware"?
3. The market settles on a fair value of CMOs by comparing them with corporate and _____ bonds.
4. Michael Milken works for which company?
5. What book does Conni Bruck write?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)