|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chief occupational hazard of the trading floor?
(a) Loss of concentration.
(b) Hearing loss.
(c) Carpal tunnel.
2. The author considers Bill Voute a _____.
3. What do rating services rely exclusively on to assess a company's creditworthy status?
(a) The future.
(b) Its earnings.
(c) The past.
(d) The present.
4. The ____ outlook of traders enables traders to exploit the weakness of their customers with virtual impunity.
5. Howie Rubin is picked up by which company when he is fired from Merrill Lynch?
(a) Drexel Burnham.
(b) Salomon Brothers.
(c) Shearson Lehman.
(d) Bear Stearns.
6. Ranieri is the guru of the _____ industry.
(b) Junk bond.
7. "The opportunist" is sane in every respect except that his _____ was stratospheric.
(a) Accumulated wealth.
(d) Accumulated debt.
8. Gutfreund is treated like a _____ in London.
(b) Crazy uncle.
(c) Gauche American tourist.
9. What is the name of the Federal Housing Administration's approval to trade in whole loans?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A birdie.
(c) A put.
(d) A bogey.
10. Ranieri describes Tom Strauss as _____.
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A clown.
(c) A snake.
(d) A boob.
11. Michael Milken invents the _____.
(b) Municipal bond.
(c) Junk bond.
(d) Mortgage Bond.
12. On Wall Street, there is no theoretical basis for pricing a homeowner's option to _____ his loan.
(d) Default on.
13. What are the European genus, English species, of slick financial people called?
14. Who writes the book, On War?
15. According to the author, what is a symbol of Britain's long economic decline?
(a) Meatless Mondays.
(b) The low price of liquor.
(c) Sagging thin black socks.
(d) Going beltless.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes that Strauss doesn't seem to like Ranieri's lack of _____.
2. What is more relevant than a bad joke because it moves markets?
3. Steve Roth and Scott Brittenham make millions of dollars trading _____.
4. This person is charged with coordinating all deals on the trading floor.
5. How much debt does the savings and loan companies seem to want to sell in 1981?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)