|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gutfreund's first love is ______.
(b) Posing for photo ops.
2. Where was the author born and raised?
(c) The Deep South.
(d) New York.
3. More than any other firm on Wall Street, Salomon Brothers is run by _______.
(a) Corporate finance.
(b) Mutual fund managers.
4. With whom has the author received an invitation to dine?
(a) The queen mother.
(b) Queen Elizabeth II.
(c) Lady Diana.
(d) Prince Charles.
5. A trainee asks Horowitz about why the company's largest shareholder is from which country?
(a) South Africa.
6. Who is considered the baby-sitter and organizer of the training program?
(a) John Gutfreund.
(b) John Meriwether.
(c) Lisa Ericsson.
(d) Susan James.
7. What ubiquitous part of business attire does Massey conspicuously lack?
(a) Black shoes.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A tie.
(d) A pocket hankie.
8. A _____ of personal popularity is how Lewis thinks trainees are chosen by managers.
(a) Ponzi scheme.
(b) Grand illusion.
(d) Bee's nest.
9. What dollar amount does Meriwether counter Gutfreund's bet with?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) A quarter of a million dollars.
(c) Forty-one thousand dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
10. What is the name of the trainee who was a former U.S. Navy fighter pilot?
(a) Max Johnson.
(b) Mike Lewis.
(c) Susan James.
(d) Joe Friedman.
11. The author characterizes the people initially involved in home mortgages as ______.
(a) Shoe salesmen.
(b) Burger flippers.
(c) Corn farmers.
(d) Sheep ranchers.
12. What is another name for an analyst in the corporate finance department at Salomon Brothers?
(a) A driver.
(b) A slug.
(c) A grunt.
(d) An ant.
13. The senior mortgage traders maintain that their abuse of trainees leads to _____.
(b) More money.
(d) Better workers.
14. The back row trainees at Solomon Brothers are victims of the myth that a trader is a _____.
15. The code of Liar's Poker is something like the code of the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liar's Poker has a lot in common with what aspect of Wall Street business?
2. According to the book, investment banking candidates are expected to be _______.
3. Massey is not looking for curious minds among trainees, he is looking for _____.
4. One of the major incentives that legislators create to encourage the borrowing of money is the _____ of mortgage payments.
5. Though he was rejected by Harvard, Gutfreund eventually graduated from ______.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)