|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through When Bad Things Happen to Rich People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ranieri is characterized by the author as perhaps the first _____ in the history of Wall Street.
2. What is the name of the standard of one hundred cents on the dollar?
(b) Whole life.
(c) Coupon rate.
(d) Whole dividend.
3. What is jargon for a gamble that is sure to succeed?
(a) A field goal.
(b) A touchdown.
(c) A lay-up.
(d) A home run.
4. What floor at Salomon brothers is said to have low ceilings, no windows, and the charm of an engine room?
(a) The ground floor.
(b) The forty-first floor.
(c) The fortieth floor.
(d) The thirty-seventh floor.
5. The code of Liar's Poker is something like the code of the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gutfreund's wife, Susan, is spending fifteen million dollars decorating his ______ apartment.
2. How much debt does the savings and loan companies seem to want to sell in 1981?
3. What do rating services rely exclusively on to assess a company's creditworthy status?
4. What is photocopied 126 times from The New York Times and distributed among the trainees each morning?
5. What aspect of the dollar bill is the integral component of Liar's Poker?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)