|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through When Bad Things Happen to Rich People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The back row trainees at Solomon Brothers are victims of the myth that a trader is a _____.
2. As Lewis gets more experience at Salomon Brothers, he realizes that an inexplicable aspect of studying to be an investment banker is that _______ serves no function in an investment bank.
(b) Making plans.
(c) A college degree.
(d) Economic theory.
3. What is another word for savings and loan?
(a) Penny house.
(b) Home store.
(c) House bank.
4. Though he was rejected by Harvard, Gutfreund eventually graduated from ______.
5. People who do imitations of Michael Mortara often sound like _____.
(a) Jimmy Swaggert.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Marlon Brando.
(d) Walter Cronkite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howie Rubin is picked up by which company when he is fired from Merrill Lynch?
2. What is the name stockbrokers give to the day in 1976 when fixed stock brokerage commissions ended?
3. In 1986, forty percent of Yale's graduating class apply to which bank?
4. Mark Smith enters the mortgage department in 1985 and is considered a _____ by the author.
5. What is it called when an interviewer asks an applicant to open a high-rise window that can't be opened in a job interview?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)