|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through When Bad Things Happen to Rich People.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the trainees in the training program to which the author speaks at the end of the book are assigned to which department at Salomon Brothers?
(a) Mortgage bonds.
(b) The bond trading floor.
(c) The equities department.
(d) The back office.
2. The speaker who eventually wins the hearts and minds of the back row in the Salomon Brothers training program describes the trading floor as a _____.
(a) War zone.
(c) Firing squad.
3. A row of Bic fine-point pens in a plastic case in the breast pocket of someone who works on Wall Street is commonly called a _____.
(a) Nerd pack.
(c) Badge of honor.
(d) Cigarette pack.
4. Mike Milkin of Drexel Burnham is the guru of _____.
(a) Junk bonds.
(b) Mortgage bonds.
(c) Municipal bonds.
(d) Government bonds.
5. In the bond market, unlike the stock market, ______ are not openly stated.
(b) Interest rates.
(c) Share quantities.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people at Salomon Brothers never find the person who leaked the firings there to the press, dubbed _____ by the author.
2. What is the name of the Federal Housing Administration's approval to trade in whole loans?
3. Bob Dall and Stephen Joseph create the first _____ of mortgage securities.
4. Who is chairman of the Federal Reserve in 1979?
5. Traders prove their superiority in a Wall Street firm every day by doing what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)