|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Geek to Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when an interviewer asks an applicant to open a high-rise window that can't be opened in a job interview?
(a) Exit analysis.
(b) Trapped rat syndrome.
(c) The stress interview.
2. The face of Dale Horowitz reminds the author of whom?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Yogi Bear.
(c) Bugs Bunny.
(d) Donald Duck.
3. Steve Roth and Scott Brittenham make millions of dollars trading _____.
(a) Small Business Administration loans.
(b) Junk securities.
(c) Federal project loans.
(d) Corporate bonds.
4. A challenge in Liar's Poker is like saying _______.
(a) "You're an idiot."
(b) "You're a con artist."
(c) "I'll take the gamble."
(d) "I doubt it."
5. What fund goes from zero investment in the mortgage market in 1983 to thirty billion dollars worth of CMOs in 1986?
(a) The Fannie Mae fund.
(b) The American pension fund.
(c) The U.S. treasury bill fund.
(d) The Freddie Mac fund.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, investment banking candidates are expected to be _______.
2. The back row trainees at Solomon Brothers are victims of the myth that a trader is a _____.
3. Gutfreund's wife, Susan, is spending fifteen million dollars decorating his ______ apartment.
4. Lewie Ranieri is doing what when he is called in by Gutfreund to take over the mortgage department?
5. The cafeteria kitchen at Salomon Brothers is known throughout Wall Street for its _____.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)