|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Geek to Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A challenge in Liar's Poker is like saying _______.
(a) "I doubt it."
(b) "You're an idiot."
(c) "You're a con artist."
(d) "I'll take the gamble."
2. There are 287 books about bonds in the New York Public Library and most of them are about _____.
(a) Junk Bonds.
(b) A British spy.
(c) Family ties.
3. The author describes England as the land of ________.
(a) Limp paychecks.
(b) Royal watchers.
(c) Long lines.
4. According to the author, investors don't fear losing money as much as they fear _____?
5. In Salomon Brothers: Advance to Leadership, Gutfreund is cast as what type of figure?
(a) A de Gaulle.
(b) A Churchill.
(c) A messiah.
(d) An Isaiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. By getting thrift managers to trade their bonds actively, Ranieri's sales force could transform a shy, nervous thrift president into a _____.
2. To create a CMO, hundreds of millions of dollars in ordinary mortgage bonds are placed in a _____.
3. What is more relevant than a bad joke because it moves markets?
4. What is Latin for "buyer beware"?
5. What fund goes from zero investment in the mortgage market in 1983 to thirty billion dollars worth of CMOs in 1986?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)