|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Geek to Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name stockbrokers give to the day in 1976 when fixed stock brokerage commissions ended?
(a) Black Friday.
(b) A green Christmas.
(c) Blue Monday.
2. What type of help does Congress give thrifts in 1981?
(a) The government bought thrifts.
(b) Ten-year interest-free loans.
(c) Tax breaks.
(d) Debt consolidation.
3. CMO's are divided into slices, or _____.
4. Bond prices move _____ to interest rates after 1979.
5. Jim Massey is considered Gutfreund's _____.
(a) Prodigal son.
(b) Arch enemy.
(c) Hatchet man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewie Ranieri is doing what when he is called in by Gutfreund to take over the mortgage department?
2. Ranieri describes Tom Strauss as _____.
3. What floor at Salomon brothers is said to have low ceilings, no windows, and the charm of an engine room?
4. In Salomon Brothers: Advance to Leadership, Gutfreund is cast as what type of figure?
5. The Salomon Brothers expense account is used as a _____ compensation system.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)