|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Brotherhood of Hoods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is photocopied 126 times from The New York Times and distributed among the trainees each morning?
(a) The business section.
(b) The crossword puzzle.
(c) The front page.
(d) The comic section.
2. What is another name for an analyst in the corporate finance department at Salomon Brothers?
(a) A grunt.
(b) An ant.
(c) A slug.
(d) A driver.
3. One of the major incentives that legislators create to encourage the borrowing of money is the _____ of mortgage payments.
(a) Price reduction.
(c) Tax deductibility.
(d) Investment advantage.
4. Lewis thinks Henry Kaufman is the guru of he bond market and also the _____ of Salomon Brothers.
(b) Driving force.
(d) Htachet man.
5. What does Lewis see as John Gutfreund's "calling card" as he makes his rounds in the trading floor?
(a) Coffee grounds.
(b) A hand-written note.
(c) A slap on the back.
(d) Cigar ash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial bet that Gutfreund proposes to Meriwether for Liar's Poker?
2. According to the author, what is Gutfreund's only noticeable affectation when he comes to speak to the trainees?
3. The code of Liar's Poker is something like the code of the ______.
4. The author thinks that all money men either have ______ hair or are bald.
5. The face of Dale Horowitz reminds the author of whom?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)