|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Brotherhood of Hoods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the dollar bill is the integral component of Liar's Poker?
(a) The serial number.
(b) The mint.
(c) The owner.
(d) The year.
2. For the author, the stigma of getting a job through connections is worse than the stigma of ______.
(a) Getting a PhD.
(b) Starting at the bottom.
(d) Waiting tables.
3. A _____ of personal popularity is how Lewis thinks trainees are chosen by managers.
(a) Bee's nest.
(b) Grand illusion.
(c) Ponzi scheme.
4. The author characterizes the people initially involved in home mortgages as ______.
(a) Shoe salesmen.
(b) Sheep ranchers.
(c) Burger flippers.
(d) Corn farmers.
5. In 1979, which company specializes in junk bonds?
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Drexel Burnham.
Short Answer Questions
1. People who do imitations of Michael Mortara often sound like _____.
2. As Lewis gets more experience at Salomon Brothers, he realizes that an inexplicable aspect of studying to be an investment banker is that _______ serves no function in an investment bank.
3. What is photocopied 126 times from The New York Times and distributed among the trainees each morning?
4. Bond prices move _____ to interest rates after 1979.
5. What is a phrase the author uses to describe Meriwether's value to Salomon Brothers?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)