|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adult Education.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis Identify as the two emotions that commonly destroy traders?
(a) Drive and determination.
(b) Apathy and sadness.
(c) Fear and greed.
(d) Self-loathing and listlessness.
2. The speaker who eventually wins the hearts and minds of the back row in the Salomon Brothers training program describes the trading floor as a _____.
(b) War zone.
(c) Firing squad.
3. What is a phrase the author uses to describe Meriwether's value to Salomon Brothers?
(a) Arbitrage boss.
(b) Head honcho.
(c) Extreme cowboy.
(d) Zen-like master.
4. Which subway line drops off hoards of people to their Wall Street jobs?
(a) Morris Heights.
(b) Bedford Park.
(d) Lexington Avenue.
5. What is the name stockbrokers give to the day in 1976 when fixed stock brokerage commissions ended?
(b) Blue Monday.
(c) A green Christmas.
(d) Black Friday.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Japanese in the training program are considered _____.
2. Which department at Salomon Brothers is considered "the sleepy backwater"?
3. Wall Street has a river at one end and a ______ at the other.
4. From what school does Leonard Bublick, the trainee who gets hit in the head with a paper wad thrown by the former U.S. Navy fighter pilot, get his M.B.A.?
5. In 1979, which company specializes in junk bonds?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)