|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Learning to Love Your Corporate Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bond prices move _____ to interest rates after 1979.
2. Gutfreund's wife, Susan, is spending fifteen million dollars decorating his ______ apartment.
(d) Long Island.
3. For the author, the stigma of getting a job through connections is worse than the stigma of ______.
(a) Getting a PhD.
(b) Starting at the bottom.
(d) Waiting tables.
4. Lewis sees John Meriwether as successful because he has the uncanny ability to do what?
(a) Time his trades.
(b) Hide money.
(c) Hide his state of mind.
(d) Avoid bad press.
5. As Lewis gets more experience at Salomon Brothers, he realizes that an inexplicable aspect of studying to be an investment banker is that _______ serves no function in an investment bank.
(a) Economic theory.
(c) Making plans.
(d) A college degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Japanese in the training program are considered _____.
2. What does Lewis see as John Gutfreund's "calling card" as he makes his rounds in the trading floor?
3. What sort of important dinner is the author invited to attend?
4. What dollar amount does Meriwether counter Gutfreund's bet with?
5. What does Lewis Identify as the two emotions that commonly destroy traders?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)