|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Salomon Diet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1986, forty percent of Yale's graduating class apply to which bank?
(a) First Boston.
(d) Lehman Brothers.
2. What is it called when an interviewer asks an applicant to open a high-rise window that can't be opened in a job interview?
(a) Exit analysis.
(b) The stress interview.
(d) Trapped rat syndrome.
3. What is the nickname for the Government National Mortgage Association?
(a) Johnny Mac.
(b) Fanny Mae.
(c) Freddie Mac.
(d) Ginnie Mae.
4. The speaker who eventually wins the hearts and minds of the back row in the Salomon Brothers training program describes the trading floor as a _____.
(b) War zone.
(c) Firing squad.
5. Howie Rubin is picked up by which company when he is fired from Merrill Lynch?
(a) Shearson Lehman.
(b) Bear Stearns.
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Drexel Burnham.
Short Answer Questions
1. A trainee asks Horowitz about Salomon Brother's being blacklisted by whom?
2. The author thinks that all money men either have ______ hair or are bald.
3. In the bond market, unlike the stock market, ______ are not openly stated.
4. Who is considered the baby-sitter and organizer of the training program?
5. Which leading bond analyst from Salomon Brothers gives a speech at the Wharton School about how he can't get women to pay attention to him at cocktail parties?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)