|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Salomon Diet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By definition, an analyst's job lasts how long?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) A lifetime.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
2. Howie Rubin is picked up by which company when he is fired from Merrill Lynch?
(a) Bear Stearns.
(b) Shearson Lehman.
(c) Salomon Brothers.
(d) Drexel Burnham.
3. When Matty Olivia leaves Salomon Brothers in a huff for the joke the mortgage guys play on him, the author attributes his return to the notion that he is bound by _____.
(a) Golden handcuffs.
(b) Family obligation.
(c) Unwritten loyalty.
4. The speaker who eventually wins the hearts and minds of the back row in the Salomon Brothers training program describes the trading floor as a _____.
(a) Firing squad.
(b) War zone.
5. A row of Bic fine-point pens in a plastic case in the breast pocket of someone who works on Wall Street is commonly called a _____.
(a) Nerd pack.
(c) Badge of honor.
(d) Cigarette pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for an analyst in the corporate finance department at Salomon Brothers?
2. Lewis thinks Henry Kaufman is the guru of he bond market and also the _____ of Salomon Brothers.
3. From what school does Leonard Bublick, the trainee who gets hit in the head with a paper wad thrown by the former U.S. Navy fighter pilot, get his M.B.A.?
4. In 1986, forty percent of Yale's graduating class apply to which bank?
5. Lewis states that analysts don't analyze anything; they are just _____ to corporate financiers.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)