|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Salomon Diet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what school does Leonard Bublick, the trainee who gets hit in the head with a paper wad thrown by the former U.S. Navy fighter pilot, get his M.B.A.?
(a) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Indiana.
2. The trainee who finally asks a question at Massey's training session wonders if Salomon Brothers will open an office in what city?
3. The author describes England as the land of ________.
(b) Limp paychecks.
(c) Long lines.
(d) Royal watchers.
4. William Simon becomes the secretary of the U.S. Treasury under which president?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Gerald Ford.
5. What ubiquitous part of business attire does Massey conspicuously lack?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) Black shoes.
(c) A pocket hankie.
(d) A tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. The senior mortgage traders maintain that their abuse of trainees leads to _____.
2. The author observes that Strauss doesn't seem to like Ranieri's lack of _____.
3. What practice eventually cripples Salomon Brothers?
4. What fund goes from zero investment in the mortgage market in 1983 to thirty billion dollars worth of CMOs in 1986?
5. What floor at Salomon brothers is said to have low ceilings, no windows, and the charm of an engine room?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)