|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Salomon Diet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name stockbrokers give to the day in 1976 when fixed stock brokerage commissions ended?
(a) Blue Monday.
(b) Black Friday.
(d) A green Christmas.
2. Who is chairman of the Federal Reserve in 1979?
(a) Alan Greenspan.
(b) Paul Volcker.
(c) Ben Bernanke.
(d) Arthur F. Burns.
3. What is another word for savings and loan?
(b) House bank.
(c) Home store.
(d) Penny house.
4. In 1986, forty percent of Yale's graduating class apply to which bank?
(a) First Boston.
(b) Lehman Brothers.
5. Mark Smith enters the mortgage department in 1985 and is considered a _____ by the author.
(d) Dark horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The front-row people in the Salomon Brothers training program are generally from which business school?
2. What floor at Salomon brothers is said to have low ceilings, no windows, and the charm of an engine room?
3. The speaker who eventually wins the hearts and minds of the back row in the Salomon Brothers training program describes the trading floor as a _____.
4. Jim Massey is a member of Salomon Brothers executive committee in charge of sales and presides over _____, which directly affects the future of all trainees.
5. The senior mortgage traders maintain that their abuse of trainees leads to _____.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)