|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Salomon Diet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The trainee who finally asks a question at Massey's training session wonders if Salomon Brothers will open an office in what city?
2. According to the author, what is Gutfreund's only noticeable affectation when he comes to speak to the trainees?
(a) A statesmanlike calmness.
(b) An exaggerated posture.
(c) A demure concern.
(d) A German accent.
3. According to the author, what is the rarest and most valuable asset a Wall Street firm can possess?
(a) A Howie Ruben.
(b) A good manager.
(c) A high cash flow.
(d) A monopoly.
4. In the bond market, unlike the stock market, ______ are not openly stated.
(b) Interest rates.
(c) Share quantities.
5. What is the primary aspect of business that always matters most at Salomon Brothers?
(b) Market advantage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis observes that the cruelty that traders bestow on everyone in their wake is _____.
2. The author considers Bill Voute a _____.
3. What floor at Salomon brothers is said to have low ceilings, no windows, and the charm of an engine room?
4. In any market, as in any poker game, there is a ______.
5. According to the author, all a man has in the markets is his _____.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)