|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men do the Romans have waiting to fight?
2. What does Sir Kay name the man that has asked for three gifts?
3. With whom does Pelleas fall in love?
4. Who does Morgan le Fay try focus on to harm?
5. What does Arthur offer Lamerak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What creatures does Arthur do battle with en route to Rome? What does he do to the creatures and what does he do after the encounter?
2. Who is blamed for the fall of Camelot and why?
3. What is Arthur's reaction to fighting at the end of the story? How does he die?
4. What does Morgan le Fay's shield portray on it? Why does Launcelot fight with it?
5. How many men does Lancelot have to fight the Roman's 60,000 men army? What is result of the fight?
6. What is Tristram's response?
7. Why doesn't Gawaine take any prizes for winning battles, as all the other Knights do?
8. What appears at the river? To whom does the object belong?
9. When does Launcelot rename La Cote Male Taile, and what name does he give him?
10. What is Beaumins real name and what does he ask of Launcelot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who in Camelot would you want to be and why? Would you seek adventure and danger? Honor and courage?
Essay Topic 2
Why are women referred to as sorceresses, enchantresses, witches, etc. What does it say about the medieval society?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think that the book is filled with sexist remarks? Why does the book portray women as mystics, sorceresses and magical mythical beings?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)