|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tor's background?
2. Why does Turquine hate Launcelot?
3. Who threatens Arthur's life on a hunting adventure?
4. After Pellinore lets the woman die, where is he taken?
5. Who does Ettard really love?
Short Essay Questions
1. When plots are uncovered or suspected, who do the people of Camelot rely on to help guide them?
2. What does Gareth do with the ring after proving he is worthy?
3. What plot is created against Launcelot in this book when he goes to visit the Queen?
4. Why does Launcelot ask Sir Kay to switch armor with him?
5. Why did Morgan le Fay want Arthur dead?
6. Why does La Cote Male Taile wear the coat?
7. What powers does the special ring that Lionesse has given to Gareth have?
8. What is the Knights Code?
9. What is Arthur's reaction to fighting at the end of the story? How does he die?
10. What happens to Arthur, Accalon, and Uriens when they enter the ship they found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there really an ethical code to fighting? What would be an ethical code today? No hitting below the belt? No biting? Is it logical for a person to go against the code? Think about modern wars.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the morals in the book translate into modern life. Choose at least two examples.
Essay Topic 3
Name calling and bullying was rampant throughout the book. What is in a name and how does it affect a person? Do you have any experience with name calling?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)