|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does La Cote Male Taile prove he is worthy of knighthood?
2. How many men do Arthur and Lancelot have to retaliate?
3. How does Linet cure the knight who was beheaded?
4. What does he do to honor the land he has protected?
5. What does the damsel declare to Launcelot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Mordred and Agravaine hire to kill Launcelot.
2. What does the sword on the ship have ingrained on it? Does Galahad go for the sword?
3. What is Merlin and Arthur's vision for the Round Table?
4. What do Margawse and Lots' four sons do to Lamerak?
5. In book twelve, who needs to be christened?
6. Why does Arthur go to Rome?
7. How has Merlin's power and stance in Camelot changed?
8. What creatures does Arthur do battle with en route to Rome? What does he do to the creatures and what does he do after the encounter?
9. Sir Bors also meets with the hermit that interpreted Gawaine's dream. What does the hermit tell Sir Bors?
10. How does the battle begin with the Romans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Has fighting for a man or woman ever been a good idea in the past, or modern times? Think about books you've read, movies you've seen, friends and family that you've known. What usually happens when you use violence to try to get what you want?
Essay Topic 2
Whenever a knight wins a battle, he is entitled to the treasure of the defeated knight. Do you think that the knights are fighting for honor, or for treasure? Compare two knights with opposite stances. You can even compare to Arthur if you would like.
Essay Topic 3
What type of government would Arthur be the best leader at? Would he still be the best at a monarchy or a democracy?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)