|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pellinore do when his horse is killed?
2. What is inside the ship that Arthur, Uriens and Accolon discover?
3. What news does the dwarf have for Accalon?
4. How many years of peace does Merlin predict after the prediction that the many kings cannot be overthrown so easily?
5. Why does Turquine hate Launcelot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mark kill his own brother.
2. Gawaine gets into some trouble in the forest and ends up killing a knight. What is his punishment and why is he not punished more severely?
3. What favor does the Lady of the Lake want from Arthur?
4. Who is Melodias and what happens to him and his family?
5. Why does Launcelot ask Sir Kay to switch armor with him?
6. Who did Mordred and Agravaine hire to kill Launcelot.
7. Who is La Cote Male Taile? Who gave him his name?
8. When Uther dies, the Archbishop of Canterbury is responsible for naming the next King of England. What does he propose the kingdom do to find the king? Does he know that Uther has already chosen Arthur as his heir?
9. Why does Isoud convince Tristram to go to the feast with her? What is the result of her plan?
10. How many men does Lancelot have to fight the Roman's 60,000 men army? What is result of the fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What, if anything, would you have changed about the book? How would the story have been better?
Essay Topic 2
What are some ways in your world that you would prove you are worthy of something? Discuss a right of passage and what it meant to you.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how righteousness can affect a person's ability to act in society. Some of the characters pretended to be different people to appear righteous. Is this really righteousness?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)