|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan le Fay give to Arthur before his battle?
2. How many years of peace does Merlin predict after the prediction that the many kings cannot be overthrown so easily?
3. Who does Merlin predict Lancelot will kill?
4. What is inside the ship that Arthur, Uriens and Accolon discover?
5. What does La Cote Male Taile mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is blamed for the fall of Camelot and why?
2. Where does Tristram move to and to what does he change his name? Why does he do this?
3. What does the sword on the ship have ingrained on it? Does Galahad go for the sword?
4. How many men does Lancelot have to fight the Roman's 60,000 men army? What is result of the fight?
5. What does Gawaine dream of and what does the dream mean?
6. What is the Knights Code?
7. What plot is wrongfully executed at the dinner that Guenever holds?
8. What is the irony about Launcelot and Queen Guenever's love?
9. Why did Morgan le Fay want Arthur dead?
10. How do Launcelot and Guenever try to cover rumors of their love affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think that the book is filled with sexist remarks? Why does the book portray women as mystics, sorceresses and magical mythical beings?
Essay Topic 2
What are your thoughts on the great love between Launcelot and Guenever? Do you think they were selfish? Can love that strong be controlled and modified to fit societal pressures?
Essay Topic 3
Why are women referred to as sorceresses, enchantresses, witches, etc. What does it say about the medieval society?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)