|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pellinore do when his horse is killed?
2. When do the kings attack Arthur's forces?
3. Why does Turquine hate Launcelot?
4. What deal does Launcelot make with the Knight Belleus?
5. What does Tristram want of King Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Launcelot rename La Cote Male Taile, and what name does he give him?
2. What plot is wrongfully executed at the dinner that Guenever holds?
3. What does Gawaine dream of and what does the dream mean?
4. What sin does Percivale commit after he was saved by Galahad? What does the sin represent?
5. What do the Golden letters above a chair at the Round Table say, and what do they represent?
6. What is Arthur's response to the Lady of the Lake? What happens to Balin?
7. What happens to Launcelot when he goes to find the person who has killed Sir Gilbert the Bastard? Who does he meet? What does the person ask him to do?
8. Where does Tristram move to and to what does he change his name? Why does he do this?
9. Why does Arthur want to kill his son Mordred? What is his plan and does it work?
10. In book twelve, who needs to be christened?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Avenging death is a major theme throughout the book. What would happen if every negative was avenged for the sake of revenge? Is it really justice when you take an eye for an eye?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Merlin's strength turned into spiritual strength as opposed to magical strength? Was it a shift in ideals and values? Or a need to legitimize his actions with religion?
Essay Topic 3
What type of government would Arthur be the best leader at? Would he still be the best at a monarchy or a democracy?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)