|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the dwarf have for Accalon?
2. What does Tristram want of King Mark?
3. What happens when Alice la Beale goes back to her castle?
4. Who plots to kill Pellinore?
5. What is Pellinore's punishment for not helping out the damsel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Margawse and Lots' four sons do to Lamerak?
2. When does Launcelot rename La Cote Male Taile, and what name does he give him?
3. What happens to Launcelot when he goes to find the person who has killed Sir Gilbert the Bastard? Who does he meet? What does the person ask him to do?
4. What does Gareth do with the ring after proving he is worthy?
5. What does Melodias do when he finds out about the woman's plot?
6. Why doesn't Gawaine take any prizes for winning battles, as all the other Knights do?
7. What is the irony about Launcelot and Queen Guenever's love?
8. Who is Melodias and what happens to him and his family?
9. What does Morgan le Fay's shield portray on it? Why does Launcelot fight with it?
10. What favor does the Lady of the Lake want from Arthur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the book really revolve around Arthur and his death? Do you think the book should be titled differently? Or are the stories of the other knights supportive of the death of Arthur storyline?
Essay Topic 2
Who in Camelot would you want to be and why? Would you seek adventure and danger? Honor and courage?
Essay Topic 3
Think about all the other societal pressures in Camelot. Love, marriage, the meaning of a name, being a good knight, a good fighter etc. Name one unnecessary pressure that you think the people of Camelot could have done without. How would eliminating just one pressure make Camelot a better place?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)