|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the pure knight that is able to remove a noble swords from its scabbard?
2. Who does Gareth start a fight with after leaving for Arthur's feast?
3. With whom does Merlin fall in love?
4. With whom does Pelleas fall in love?
5. Who finds Launcelot sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Merlin's power and stance in Camelot changed?
2. How many men does Lancelot have to fight the Roman's 60,000 men army? What is result of the fight?
3. Why did Morgan le Fay want Arthur dead?
4. Why does Launcelot ask Sir Kay to switch armor with him?
5. What is Arthur's reaction to fighting at the end of the story? How does he die?
6. How do Launcelot and Guenever try to cover rumors of their love affair?
7. What sin does Percivale commit after he was saved by Galahad? What does the sin represent?
8. Who does Launcelot encounter in the Chapel? What does this person want from him?
9. What is Arthur's response to the Lady of the Lake? What happens to Balin?
10. Gawaine gets into some trouble in the forest and ends up killing a knight. What is his punishment and why is he not punished more severely?
Essay Topic 1
Think about all the other societal pressures in Camelot. Love, marriage, the meaning of a name, being a good knight, a good fighter etc. Name one unnecessary pressure that you think the people of Camelot could have done without. How would eliminating just one pressure make Camelot a better place?
Essay Topic 2
What are some ways in your world that you would prove you are worthy of something? Discuss a right of passage and what it meant to you.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Merlin's strength turned into spiritual strength as opposed to magical strength? Was it a shift in ideals and values? Or a need to legitimize his actions with religion?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)