|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opponent's fate after attacking Arthur?
2. Why does Turquine hate Launcelot?
3. What does he do to honor the land he has protected?
4. How is the dream interpreted?
5. How does the queen learn Tristram is the one who killed her brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Arthur, Accalon, and Uriens when they enter the ship they found?
2. How do Launcelot and Guenever try to cover rumors of their love affair?
3. What plot is created against Launcelot in this book when he goes to visit the Queen?
4. How does the battle begin with the Romans?
5. What does Gawaine dream of and what does the dream mean?
6. In book twelve, who needs to be christened?
7. What is Tristram's response?
8. Why is Tor given land and an earldom?
9. What happens to Launcelot when he goes to find the person who has killed Sir Gilbert the Bastard? Who does he meet? What does the person ask him to do?
10. How does the Lady of the Lake help Arthur in his battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about all the other societal pressures in Camelot. Love, marriage, the meaning of a name, being a good knight, a good fighter etc. Name one unnecessary pressure that you think the people of Camelot could have done without. How would eliminating just one pressure make Camelot a better place?
Essay Topic 2
Why are women referred to as sorceresses, enchantresses, witches, etc. What does it say about the medieval society?
Essay Topic 3
Does the book really revolve around Arthur and his death? Do you think the book should be titled differently? Or are the stories of the other knights supportive of the death of Arthur storyline?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)