|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arthur marry?
2. Where did the kings flee from after realizing Arthur would be a strong king?
3. Why does the lodge owner throw Tristram into jail?
4. What do the Roman Ambassadors ask of King Arthur?
5. What deal does Launcelot make with the Knight Belleus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Lady of the Lake help Arthur in his battle?
2. What sin does Percivale commit after he was saved by Galahad? What does the sin represent?
3. Why did Morgan le Fay want Arthur dead?
4. What is Merlin and Arthur's vision for the Round Table?
5. Who are Galahad's parents?
6. What happens to Launcelot when he goes to find the person who has killed Sir Gilbert the Bastard? Who does he meet? What does the person ask him to do?
7. What is the result of Sir Kay and Launcelot's armor switch?
8. What does the Lady of the Lake do to Merlin?
9. Why does Isoud convince Tristram to go to the feast with her? What is the result of her plan?
10. Gawaine gets into some trouble in the forest and ends up killing a knight. What is his punishment and why is he not punished more severely?
Essay Topic 1
Whenever a knight wins a battle, he is entitled to the treasure of the defeated knight. Do you think that the knights are fighting for honor, or for treasure? Compare two knights with opposite stances. You can even compare to Arthur if you would like.
Essay Topic 2
Who in Camelot would you want to be and why? Would you seek adventure and danger? Honor and courage?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion on how Arthur died? Was it noble enough? Was in anti-climatic?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)