Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the quota that Arthur needs to meet for the Roundtable?
2. How does Arthur find the truth about who Margawse is?
3. Who is the man that Launcelot kills at the bridge?
4. Who is La Beale Isoud's suitor?
5. Why is Lanceor jealous of Balin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How to people perceive Joseph of Arimathea?
2. What does Melodias do when he finds out about the woman's plot?
3. What is Tristram's response?
4. Why does Launcelot ask Sir Kay to switch armor with him?
5. Why does Arthur want to kill his son Mordred? What is his plan and does it work?
6. What powers does the special ring that Lionesse has given to Gareth have?
7. Why does Mark kill his own brother.
8. What is Arthur's reaction to fighting at the end of the story? How does he die?
9. How does the Lady of the Lake help Arthur in his battle?
10. What is the irony about Launcelot and Queen Guenever's love?
Essay Topic 1
Pretending to be someone a person is not is an recurrent theme in this book. Do hidden identities really make it easier for a person to exist in Camelot? If a person's goal in Camelot is to be accepted by society and get into heaven, then how does being someone else help that goal? Think about Gareth, Launcelot, and Tristram in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Avenging death is a major theme throughout the book. What would happen if every negative was avenged for the sake of revenge? Is it really justice when you take an eye for an eye?
Essay Topic 3
Who in Camelot would you want to be and why? Would you seek adventure and danger? Honor and courage?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)