|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the letters of gold?
2. Who heals Tristram?
3. What happens when Alice la Beale goes back to her castle?
4. How many kings entered banded together to fight Arthur's rise to the throne?
5. Who finds Launcelot sleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does the Lady of the Lake want from Arthur?
2. Why doesn't Gawaine take any prizes for winning battles, as all the other Knights do?
3. What is the Knights Code?
4. Who is blamed for the fall of Camelot and why?
5. What is Merlin and Arthur's vision for the Round Table?
6. What is Merlin's prophecy about Lancelot and Tristam?
7. Who is La Cote Male Taile? Who gave him his name?
8. Who tells Galahad to get on a ship, and what does he find there?
9. What does it mean when Arthur is able to pull out the sword from the stone?
10. What happens to Launcelot when he goes to find the person who has killed Sir Gilbert the Bastard? Who does he meet? What does the person ask him to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how righteousness can affect a person's ability to act in society. Some of the characters pretended to be different people to appear righteous. Is this really righteousness?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion on how Arthur died? Was it noble enough? Was in anti-climatic?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think that the book is filled with sexist remarks? Why does the book portray women as mystics, sorceresses and magical mythical beings?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)