|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the knight that is being outnumbered, who Launcelot decides to help?
2. What does Pellinore do when his horse is killed?
3. What is the opponent's fate after attacking Arthur?
4. How is the dream interpreted?
5. What does Andred tell King Mark and Isoud about Tristram?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meliagraunce call treason on the Queen?
2. Where does Tristram move to and to what does he change his name? Why does he do this?
3. What sin does Percivale commit after he was saved by Galahad? What does the sin represent?
4. When plots are uncovered or suspected, who do the people of Camelot rely on to help guide them?
5. What is the result of Sir Kay and Launcelot's armor switch?
6. What does Merlin predict about Arthur's actions?
7. Why is Tor given land and an earldom?
8. What does it mean when Arthur is able to pull out the sword from the stone?
9. What creatures does Arthur do battle with en route to Rome? What does he do to the creatures and what does he do after the encounter?
10. What plot is wrongfully executed at the dinner that Guenever holds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is an obvious obsession to perform in Camelot. The knights are constantly trying to pick fights with people, proving they are dishonorable and need to be put in their place. Explain how that translates into modern society. Is there an obsession to compete in school? in town? Do you think this is a healthy obsession? Does it make people better when they are so competitive or does it hurt to much to fail that people don't want to try at all? explain.
Essay Topic 2
Why are women referred to as sorceresses, enchantresses, witches, etc. What does it say about the medieval society?
Essay Topic 3
Name calling and bullying was rampant throughout the book. What is in a name and how does it affect a person? Do you have any experience with name calling?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)