Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the quota that Arthur needs to meet for the Roundtable?
2. How does Arthur find the truth about who Margawse is?
3. Who is the man that Launcelot kills at the bridge?
4. Who is La Beale Isoud's suitor?
5. Why is Lanceor jealous of Balin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How to people perceive Joseph of Arimathea?
2. What does Melodias do when he finds out about the woman's plot?
3. What is Tristram's response?
4. Why does Launcelot ask Sir Kay to switch armor with him?
5. Why does Arthur want to kill his son Mordred? What is his plan and does it work?
6. What powers does the special ring that Lionesse has given to Gareth have?
7. Why does Mark kill his own brother.
8. What is Arthur's reaction to fighting at the end of the story? How does he die?
9. How does the Lady of the Lake help Arthur in his battle?
10. What is the irony about Launcelot and Queen Guenever's love?
Pretending to be someone a person is not is an recurrent theme in this book. Do hidden identities really make it easier for a person to exist in Camelot? If a person's goal in Camelot is to be accepted by society and get into heaven, then how does being someone else help that goal? Think about Gareth, Launcelot, and Tristram in your response.
What is your opinion on how Arthur died? Was it noble enough? Was in anti-climatic?
What, if anything, would you have changed about the book? How would the story have been better?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)