|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does La Cote Male Taile prove he is worthy of knighthood?
2. What does Pellinore do when his horse is killed?
3. What is the child Mordred's fate?
4. Why is Arthur's opponent so powerful against Arthur?
5. Who is the evil Knight that captures Ector?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sword on the ship have ingrained on it? Does Galahad go for the sword?
2. How does the battle begin with the Romans?
3. What is the irony about Launcelot and Queen Guenever's love?
4. How many men does Lancelot have to fight the Roman's 60,000 men army? What is result of the fight?
5. Why doesn't Gawaine take any prizes for winning battles, as all the other Knights do?
6. What does Melodias do when he finds out about the woman's plot?
7. When plots are uncovered or suspected, who do the people of Camelot rely on to help guide them?
8. What is the result of Sir Kay and Launcelot's armor switch?
9. How has Merlin's power and stance in Camelot changed?
10. What do Margawse and Lots' four sons do to Lamerak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are your thoughts on the great love between Launcelot and Guenever? Do you think they were selfish? Can love that strong be controlled and modified to fit societal pressures?
Essay Topic 2
Is there really an ethical code to fighting? What would be an ethical code today? No hitting below the belt? No biting? Is it logical for a person to go against the code? Think about modern wars.
Essay Topic 3
What type of government would Arthur be the best leader at? Would he still be the best at a monarchy or a democracy?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)