|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Launcelot sleeping?
2. What does Arthur offer Lamerak?
3. With whom does Pelleas fall in love?
4. What is the quota that Arthur needs to meet for the Roundtable?
5. Who does Beaumains want to knight him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean when Arthur is able to pull out the sword from the stone?
2. Why did Morgan le Fay want Arthur dead?
3. Who is La Cote Male Taile? Who gave him his name?
4. What do the Golden letters above a chair at the Round Table say, and what do they represent?
5. Who tells Galahad to get on a ship, and what does he find there?
6. How does the Lady of the Lake help Arthur in his battle?
7. What is Merlin and Arthur's vision for the Round Table?
8. Who is blamed for the fall of Camelot and why?
9. Where does Tristram move to and to what does he change his name? Why does he do this?
10. How do Launcelot and Guenever try to cover rumors of their love affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Has fighting for a man or woman ever been a good idea in the past, or modern times? Think about books you've read, movies you've seen, friends and family that you've known. What usually happens when you use violence to try to get what you want?
Essay Topic 2
What type of government would Arthur be the best leader at? Would he still be the best at a monarchy or a democracy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the morals in the book translate into modern life. Choose at least two examples.
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)