|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sir Kay like the man who has asked Arthur for three gifts?
2. What is so special about the scabbard of the sword?
3. Who does Launcelot kiss while he is resting in the pavilion?
4. What does the King do when he finds out that Tristram killed his brother-in-law?
5. How long does Morgan le Fay allow Alisander to stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melodias do when he finds out about the woman's plot?
2. What sin does Percivale commit after he was saved by Galahad? What does the sin represent?
3. What is Arthur's reaction to fighting at the end of the story? How does he die?
4. Where does Tristram move to and to what does he change his name? Why does he do this?
5. Why is Tor given land and an earldom?
6. What does Gawaine dream of and what does the dream mean?
7. Who is La Cote Male Taile? Who gave him his name?
8. Why does Arthur want to kill his son Mordred? What is his plan and does it work?
9. What does the sword on the ship have ingrained on it? Does Galahad go for the sword?
10. Who are Galahad's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think that the book is filled with sexist remarks? Why does the book portray women as mystics, sorceresses and magical mythical beings?
Essay Topic 2
What, if anything, would you have changed about the book? How would the story have been better?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the morals in the book translate into modern life. Choose at least two examples.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)