|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pellinore do when his horse is killed?
2. Who do Balin and Balan send to Arthur after killing forty of this person's knights?
3. Who writes love letters to La Beale Isoud after she and Tristram get back together?
4. Who is the knight that is being outnumbered, who Launcelot decides to help?
5. Who is La Beale Isoud's suitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Launcelot rename La Cote Male Taile, and what name does he give him?
2. Who is blamed for the fall of Camelot and why?
3. When plots are uncovered or suspected, who do the people of Camelot rely on to help guide them?
4. Where does Tristram move to and to what does he change his name? Why does he do this?
5. What is the irony about Launcelot and Queen Guenever's love?
6. Why does Launcelot ask Sir Kay to switch armor with him?
7. What plot is wrongfully executed at the dinner that Guenever holds?
8. What creatures does Arthur do battle with en route to Rome? What does he do to the creatures and what does he do after the encounter?
9. Why is Tor given land and an earldom?
10. How to people perceive Joseph of Arimathea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think that the book is filled with sexist remarks? Why does the book portray women as mystics, sorceresses and magical mythical beings?
Essay Topic 2
What are your thoughts on the great love between Launcelot and Guenever? Do you think they were selfish? Can love that strong be controlled and modified to fit societal pressures?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion on how Arthur died? Was it noble enough? Was in anti-climatic?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)