|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Isouds' reaction to Andred's news?
2. What does the damsel declare to Launcelot?
3. What is the significance of May Day?
4. Who plots to kill Pellinore?
5. Who puts Mark into prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morgan le Fay's shield portray on it? Why does Launcelot fight with it?
2. Why does Meliagraunce call treason on the Queen?
3. Sir Bors also meets with the hermit that interpreted Gawaine's dream. What does the hermit tell Sir Bors?
4. How does the battle begin with the Romans?
5. What happens to Arthur, Accalon, and Uriens when they enter the ship they found?
6. What powers does the special ring that Lionesse has given to Gareth have?
7. What is the Knights Code?
8. Why doesn't Gawaine take any prizes for winning battles, as all the other Knights do?
9. When Uther dies, the Archbishop of Canterbury is responsible for naming the next King of England. What does he propose the kingdom do to find the king? Does he know that Uther has already chosen Arthur as his heir?
10. Who is Melodias and what happens to him and his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are your thoughts on the great love between Launcelot and Guenever? Do you think they were selfish? Can love that strong be controlled and modified to fit societal pressures?
Essay Topic 2
Pretending to be someone a person is not is an recurrent theme in this book. Do hidden identities really make it easier for a person to exist in Camelot? If a person's goal in Camelot is to be accepted by society and get into heaven, then how does being someone else help that goal? Think about Gareth, Launcelot, and Tristram in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Who in Camelot would you want to be and why? Would you seek adventure and danger? Honor and courage?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)