|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do towns in France and Italy do after hearing about the pillaging that is done by Arthur's knights?
2. Who puts Mark into prison?
3. What is Tor's background?
4. With whom does La Cote Male Taile fall in love?
5. In this chapter, the quest for what is mentioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Sir Kay and Launcelot's armor switch?
2. Who is La Cote Male Taile? Who gave him his name?
3. Who tells Galahad to get on a ship, and what does he find there?
4. Why does Launcelot ask Sir Kay to switch armor with him?
5. What plot is wrongfully executed at the dinner that Guenever holds?
6. Why is Tor given land and an earldom?
7. What appears at the river? To whom does the object belong?
8. Why does La Cote Male Taile wear the coat?
9. Who is Melodias and what happens to him and his family?
10. How does the battle begin with the Romans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pretending to be someone a person is not is an recurrent theme in this book. Do hidden identities really make it easier for a person to exist in Camelot? If a person's goal in Camelot is to be accepted by society and get into heaven, then how does being someone else help that goal? Think about Gareth, Launcelot, and Tristram in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think that the book is filled with sexist remarks? Why does the book portray women as mystics, sorceresses and magical mythical beings?
Essay Topic 3
What are your thoughts on the great love between Launcelot and Guenever? Do you think they were selfish? Can love that strong be controlled and modified to fit societal pressures?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)