|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Launcelot kiss while he is resting in the pavilion?
2. How does Tristam help King Mark save the castle?
3. What does the King do when he finds out that Tristram killed his brother-in-law?
4. Who heals Tristram?
5. Why does the lodge owner throw Tristram into jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Golden letters above a chair at the Round Table say, and what do they represent?
2. What plot is created against Launcelot in this book when he goes to visit the Queen?
3. What is Merlin and Arthur's vision for the Round Table?
4. Where does Tristram move to and to what does he change his name? Why does he do this?
5. What is Merlin's prophecy about Lancelot and Tristam?
6. Why doesn't Gawaine take any prizes for winning battles, as all the other Knights do?
7. What plot is wrongfully executed at the dinner that Guenever holds?
8. What is the result of Sir Kay and Launcelot's armor switch?
9. Who does Launcelot encounter in the Chapel? What does this person want from him?
10. How does the battle begin with the Romans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your opinion on how Arthur died? Was it noble enough? Was in anti-climatic?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Merlin's strength turned into spiritual strength as opposed to magical strength? Was it a shift in ideals and values? Or a need to legitimize his actions with religion?
Essay Topic 3
Does the book really revolve around Arthur and his death? Do you think the book should be titled differently? Or are the stories of the other knights supportive of the death of Arthur storyline?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)