|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Igraine agree to sleep with Uther?
(a) She is attracted to him.
(b) She agrees because they've had a long affair.
(c) She wants to have another baby.
(d) She agrees because he is disguised as her husband.
2. What does the Lady of the Lake desire from Arthur?
(a) She wants the sword for herself.
(b) She wants him to kill Balin.
(c) She wants to become mortal.
(d) She wants him to marry her.
3. What happens when Alice la Beale goes back to her castle?
(a) She and the Pilgrim fall in love and have a child.
(b) She allows everyone to stay in the castle for one year.
(c) She has everyone killed.
(d) She throws everyone out of her castle.
4. How does Tristam help King Mark save the castle?
(a) By fleeing Camelot.
(b) A one-on-one joust.
(c) Having the knights ambush the offenders.
(d) By reaching a truce at a round table meeting.
5. To what does Tristram change his name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men do Arthur and Lancelot have to retaliate?
2. With whom does Merlin fall in love?
3. When does he meet his quota?
4. Does Gareth let the beheaded knight go?
5. What deal does Launcelot make with the Knight Belleus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does La Cote Male Taile wear the coat?
2. What sin does Percivale commit after he was saved by Galahad? What does the sin represent?
3. What is Beaumins real name and what does he ask of Launcelot?
4. When plots are uncovered or suspected, who do the people of Camelot rely on to help guide them?
5. What do the Golden letters above a chair at the Round Table say, and what do they represent?
6. Why is Tor given land and an earldom?
7. How has Merlin's power and stance in Camelot changed?
8. What does Gareth do with the ring after proving he is worthy?
9. What is Arthur's reaction to fighting at the end of the story? How does he die?
10. Sir Bors also meets with the hermit that interpreted Gawaine's dream. What does the hermit tell Sir Bors?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)