|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lanceor jealous of Balin?
(a) Because Balin is a better knight.
(b) Because Balin is allowed to sit at the Round Table and Lanceor is not.
(c) Lanceor is jealous because Balin is with the woman Lanceor loves.
(d) Lanceor is jealous because Balin wins the sword.
2. What is one of Arthur's nicknames?
(a) The Man of Dignity.
(c) The Kind One.
(d) The Flower of Chivalry.
3. What does the King do when he finds out that Tristram killed his brother-in-law?
(a) He forgives him but banishes him from the country.
(b) He defends him and lets him stay in the castle.
(c) He battles him and loses.
(d) He puts him up against his best fighter in a duel.
4. Who or what does Launcelot battle to free the ladies inside of castle Tintagel?
(a) Three lions.
(b) Two giants with two clubs each.
(c) A giant with four clubs.
(d) Two men that are half horse.
5. What does King Anguis want of King Mark of Cornwall?
(a) A chest of jewels.
(b) A sword.
(c) A truage or tribute.
(d) A new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sir Kay like the man who has asked Arthur for three gifts?
2. Why does Morgan want to tamper with the sword?
3. What does Arthur offer Lamerak?
4. Who writes love letters to La Beale Isoud after she and Tristram get back together?
5. Where did the kings flee from after realizing Arthur would be a strong king?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Uther dies, the Archbishop of Canterbury is responsible for naming the next King of England. What does he propose the kingdom do to find the king? Does he know that Uther has already chosen Arthur as his heir?
2. What powers does the special ring that Lionesse has given to Gareth have?
3. When does Launcelot rename La Cote Male Taile, and what name does he give him?
4. Who are Galahad's parents?
5. Who did Mordred and Agravaine hire to kill Launcelot.
6. How do Launcelot and Guenever try to cover rumors of their love affair?
7. What is Tristram's response?
8. What is Beaumins real name and what does he ask of Launcelot?
9. What does the Lady of the Lake do to Merlin?
10. Why does Mark kill his own brother.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)