|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who translates a disturbing vision that he has had?
(a) An evil witch.
(b) A good maiden.
(d) The owner of the Castle into which he has wandered.
2. What will happen if the Grail appears in Camelot?
(a) Merlin will disappear.
(b) The Roundtable will be destroyed.
(c) Arthur will lose his throne.
(d) The Roundtable will become stronger.
3. Why did his actions cause him to fail his virtue test?
(a) Because he didn't follow direct orders.
(b) Because he was told to rely on God more than his sword.
(c) Because he would have almost killed an innocent person.
(d) Because he knew he wasn't strong enough to fight but was arrogant in trying.
4. What does Gawaine tell Arthur?
(a) He tells Arthur he suspects Guenever is dishonoring him.
(b) He tells Arthur that Launcelot wants to take the throne.
(c) He tells Arthur Guenever killed a man.
(d) Gawaine tells Arthur about Guenever and Launcelot's affair.
5. When Lancelot is declared mad, how is he cured?
(a) He is sent to an institution.
(b) He is given a syrup made from special plants.
(c) He is given antibiotics.
(d) He drinks from the Holy Grail.
6. What role does Merlin possess?
(a) A domineering and commanding role.
(b) A soft and dovish role.
(c) A harsh, hawkish and evil role.
(d) Religious and spiritual role.
7. What does the Queen do to protect her knights?
(a) She runs back to the castle to get help.
(b) She pulls out a sword and stabs Meliagraunce.
(c) She does nothing and watches as they all die.
(d) The Queen goes willingly with Meliagraunce.
8. How is Galahad portrayed?
(a) As a decent man but not a saint.
(b) Very positively, "Saint-like."
(c) A bad person that should be killed.
(d) Negatively, everyone hates him.
9. How does Arthur react to the situation?
(a) He says she cannot be tried because she is his wife.
(b) He kills anyone who accuses his wife of murder.
(c) He sends her away to protect her.
(d) He does not help his wife because he believes everyone should be treated equally.
10. Who plots against Launcelot and Guenever?
(a) Margawse and Gawaine.
(b) Gawaine and Mordred.
(c) Agravaine and Mordred.
(d) Mordred and Agravaine.
11. Who does Gawaine fight and kill in his battle?
12. What is their main complaint in life?
(a) They hate their jobs.
(b) They have no wives.
(c) They have no time to do anything.
(d) That they have no adventure.
13. Where does Lancelot go once he escapes?
(a) He is killed by a Knight.
(b) He boards a boat he finds at a lake.
(c) He wanders into Elaine's castle.
(d) He returns to Camelot.
14. What does Gweneviere do when she finds out about Galahad?
(a) She throws Lancelot out of the Roundtable.
(b) She has Galahad and Lancelot killed.
(c) She adopts Galahad as her own.
(d) She has Galahad killed.
15. When was the maiming sword originally found?
(a) 400 years A.D.
(b) 40 years A.D.
(c) 40 years B.C.
(d) 400 years B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he find on the ship?
2. Why is there blood in the Queens bed the next morning?
3. When Launcelot goes to rescue the Queen, what does she tell him.
4. What degree of separation are Lancelot and Galahad?
5. Who does Gawaine meet with to discuss his quest?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)