|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Gawaine dream?
(a) 150 birds.
(b) 100 Knights.
(c) 150 bulls.
(d) 100 boats.
2. Who translates a disturbing vision that he has had?
(a) The owner of the Castle into which he has wandered.
(c) A good maiden.
(d) An evil witch.
3. When Lancelot is declared missing, who goes to find him?
(b) Percivale and Aglovale.
(c) Galahad and Percivale.
4. How does Galahad fail his virtue test?
(a) He fails by drawing his sword irresponsibly.
(b) He fails by not responding to a threat.
(c) He fails by initiating an attack on an innocent person.
(d) He fails by sleeping with a woman.
5. Who finds Lancelot?
(a) Bliant and Selivant.
(c) Bliant only.
(d) Selivant only.
6. How is Galahad portrayed?
(a) A bad person that should be killed.
(b) As a decent man but not a saint.
(c) Very positively, "Saint-like."
(d) Negatively, everyone hates him.
7. With what negative emotion are his dreams filled?
8. What do the brothers do to Lancelot?
(a) They tie him up.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They turn him in to the Rountable.
(d) They leave him in the forest.
9. Who plots against Launcelot and Guenever?
(a) Gawaine and Mordred.
(b) Agravaine and Mordred.
(c) Mordred and Agravaine.
(d) Margawse and Gawaine.
10. What does Gweneviere do when she finds out about Galahad?
(a) She throws Lancelot out of the Roundtable.
(b) She has Galahad killed.
(c) She has Galahad and Lancelot killed.
(d) She adopts Galahad as her own.
11. What is Guevener's reaction to Launcelot?
(a) She runs away and never returns.
(b) She doesn't listen and thinks she will be fine.
(c) She says she will not live if he dies.
(d) She agrees to do what he says.
12. What happens to Percivale when his sister dies?
(a) Percivale becomes a monk.
(b) He goes insane.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He marries the first maiden he encounters.
13. How does Arthur react to the situation?
(a) He does not help his wife because he believes everyone should be treated equally.
(b) He sends her away to protect her.
(c) He kills anyone who accuses his wife of murder.
(d) He says she cannot be tried because she is his wife.
14. What does Gawaine tell Arthur?
(a) Gawaine tells Arthur about Guenever and Launcelot's affair.
(b) He tells Arthur that Launcelot wants to take the throne.
(c) He tells Arthur Guenever killed a man.
(d) He tells Arthur he suspects Guenever is dishonoring him.
15. Who are Galahad's parents?
(a) Morgan le Fat and Lancelot.
(b) Morgan le Fay and Arthur.
(c) Lancelot and Elaine.
(d) Elaine and Gawaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancelot's hair shirt represent?
2. What do the rest of the Knights pledge to do after Gawaine's announcement to find the Holy Grail?
3. What does he find on the ship?
4. Where does Lancelot go once he escapes?
5. What does the Lion in Percivale's dream mean?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)