|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Launcelot go into the Chapel Perilous?
(a) To retrieve a piece of cloth and a sword to help a maiden's brother.
(b) To go the annual feast.
(c) To retrieve a sword to slay the maiden's brother.
(d) To talk to the owner about the recent slaying.
2. How does Tor become a knight?
(a) Tor asks Arthur if he can join the Round Table.
(b) His father sends him to the court. Then the court finds out that he is King Pellinore's son.
(c) He enters in a jousting match and wins.
(d) Tor fights another knight in the woods and is knighted when it turns up that the knight was evil.
3. Who is La Cote Male Taile?
(a) An evil man who wants to kill Arthur.
(b) A young man who goes to Arthur to become a knight.
(c) An older man who is looking for Arthur.
(d) A young man who tries to steal food from the court.
4. Where did the kings flee from after realizing Arthur would be a strong king?
(a) The round table.
(b) His coronation.
(c) The lake.
(d) His funeral.
5. Who does Beaumains want to knight him?
(b) Sir Kay.
6. Does Gareth let the beheaded knight go?
(a) Yes. He lets him leave peacefully.
(b) Yes. But tells him to never come back.
(c) No. He beheads him again and cuts his head up into little pieces.
(d) No. He kills him and ships his body into the sea.
7. Where do the Knights land when they get ready for battle?
8. Over whom do the Knights begin to fight?
(a) Guenever and Morgan le Fay.
(b) Guenever and La Beale Isoud.
(c) La Beale Isoud and Margawse.
(d) Guenever and Margawse.
9. How does Tristam help King Mark save the castle?
(a) By reaching a truce at a round table meeting.
(b) Having the knights ambush the offenders.
(c) By fleeing Camelot.
(d) A one-on-one joust.
10. Who puts Mark into prison?
(b) Mogan le Fay.
(c) La Beale Isold.
11. Who is the knight that is being outnumbered, who Launcelot decides to help?
(a) Sir Kay.
(b) Sir Montgomery.
(c) Sir Eric.
(d) Sir Ector.
12. What does Morgan le Fay give to Arthur before his battle?
(a) She gives him advice on how to beat Accalon.
(b) She gives him a kiss.
(c) She gives him a forged sword and a scabbard meant to look like Excalibur.
(d) She gives him news that Merlin is plotting against him.
13. Who is the evil Knight that captures Ector?
(b) Sir Carados.
14. Who do Balin and Balan defeat?
(b) King Nero.
(c) King Lot.
(d) King Rience and his forty knights.
15. How many kings entered banded together to fight Arthur's rise to the throne?
(a) There are two kings
(b) There is only one that contests him.
(c) There are ten kings.
(d) There are six kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sir Kay like the man who has asked Arthur for three gifts?
2. What does the damsel declare to Launcelot?
3. What does Andred tell King Mark and Isoud about Tristram?
4. How many years of peace does Merlin predict after the prediction that the many kings cannot be overthrown so easily?
5. To what does Tristram change his name?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)