|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who heals Tristram?
(b) La Beale Isoud.
(c) Morgan le Fay.
(d) The King of France's wife.
2. How does the queen learn Tristram is the one who killed her brother?
(a) She asks him where he was during that fight.
(b) She recognizes him from the battle.
(c) She sees a missing fragment from his sword that she kept from the battle.
(d) He slips and mentions it.
3. What does Pellinore do when his horse is killed?
(a) He kills both men.
(b) He takes another man's horse.
(c) He runs and hides in the bushes.
(d) He kills the knight who killed his horse and gets a new horse from the second knight.
4. How does Arthur find the truth about who Margawse is?
(a) He sends for her mother.
(b) He asks her.
(c) He asks Merlin.
(d) He finds out from one of the knights.
5. What is inside the ship that Arthur, Uriens and Accolon discover?
(a) It is filled with snakes, reptiles, and thousands of bugs.
(b) It is decorated with silk, lit by hundreds of torches, and watched over by twelve maidens.
(c) It is empty and desolate.
(d) It is filled with knights.
6. Why does the lodge owner throw Tristram into jail?
(a) Because Tristram is a thief.
(b) He does this because Tristram killed his sons.
(c) Because Tristram slept with the man's wife.
(d) Because Tristram couldnt pay his bill.
7. How does Tristam help King Mark save the castle?
(a) By fleeing Camelot.
(b) Having the knights ambush the offenders.
(c) By reaching a truce at a round table meeting.
(d) A one-on-one joust.
8. What happens when Alice la Beale goes back to her castle?
(a) She throws everyone out of her castle.
(b) She allows everyone to stay in the castle for one year.
(c) She has everyone killed.
(d) She and the Pilgrim fall in love and have a child.
9. After Pellinore lets the woman die, where is he taken?
(a) He is taken to a fight between two knights.
(b) He is taken home.
(c) He is banished from Camelot.
(d) He goes to Arthur to tell him what has happened.
10. What news does the dwarf have for Accalon?
(a) He tells shim that he will go into battle the next day.
(b) He tells him that Arthur is dead.
(c) The dwarf says Morgan le Fay is in love with him.
(d) He tells him that Merlin is plotting against him.
11. Who do the Knights fight that made the towns in France and Italy scared?
(a) The Chinese.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Grecians.
(d) The Saracens.
12. The Lady of the Lake does not trust the gift that Morgan le Fay has sent. What does she advise Arthur to do?
(a) She tells Arthur to give the gift away.
(b) She tells Arthur to throw the gift away.
(c) She does not interfere.
(d) She tells Arthur to make Morgan apply the gift to herself and she is poisoned.
13. How is the dream interpreted?
(a) The beautiful creature is Camelot and the ugly creature is Rome.
(b) The dwarf tells Arthur that Camelot will lose the battle.
(c) The dwarf says that they will be successful, but Arthur will die.
(d) The dwarf is stumped and doesn't know what to make of the dream.
14. What do the Roman Ambassadors ask of King Arthur?
(a) They want to go to war with Camelot.
(b) They need Camelot to fight a war with them.
(c) They want tribute from Camelot.
(d) They want to build an alliance.
15. How does Linet cure the knight who was beheaded?
(a) He bolts it together with iron rods.
(b) He magically seals the head back with an ointment.
(c) He sews it back on with a needle and twine.
(d) He wraps cloth around it tightly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plots to kill Pellinore?
2. How many men do Arthur and Lancelot have to retaliate?
3. What does Arthur dream of when he is aboard a ship headed to Rome?
4. In this chapter, the quest for what is mentioned?
5. Does Merlin believe Balin's claim that the Lady of the Lake is evil?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)