|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azucena see in images of Rodrigo's memory from the photomental camera?
2. Who fights with Rodrigo (mistaking his identity) on the way back to Earth?
3. What does Isabel tell the reporter about airing information regarding Bush's assassination?
4. What does the narrator argue is the way to make a correct decision?
5. Who uses Cuquita as a medium to convey a message to Azucena about finding inner harmony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this novel, Esquivel uses magical realism, a literary device first used in Latin America by Juan Rulfo, and perhaps most famously used by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Explain what this means, and give an example of how it is used in The Law of Love.
Essay Topic 2
Isabel and Azucena are adversaries in this text.
1) What do each of these characters want?
2) What do each of these characters represent?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Pyramid of Love important? What does it symbolize? What happens to the pyramid in different moments of the plot?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)