|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Azucena go shopping in chapter seven?
(a) The Yucatan Peninsula.
(b) Government offices regulating public health.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The black market in Tepito.
2. What does Isabel want from Downtown Mexico City?
(b) Music CDs.
3. Who is Mammon?
(a) Isabel Gonzalez's Demon.
(b) A Demon assigned to derail Azucena.
(c) Azucena's Guardian Angel.
(d) Cuquita's Grandfather.
4. Why is Cuquita's grandmother blind?
(a) She was born blind.
(b) She was injured in the 1985 earthquake.
(c) It is karmic. She blinded others in a past life.
(d) She inherited a degenerative disease that left her with limited vision before going totally blind.
5. What feature of her patio does Isabel want to hide?
(a) The dirty corners of the patio, which she did not have time to clean.
(b) The pre-Hispanic pyramid popping up from under the patio.
(c) The Plant Speakers that she stole.
(d) The weeds that are growing around the fence.
6. What is the relationship between Azucena and Rodrigo?
(a) They live in the same apartment building.
(b) They are Guardian Angels assigned to the same case.
(c) They are twin souls.
(d) They are artists who work together.
7. What does Rodrigo think of Azucena's smile and overall appearance?
(a) He only notices that she is taller than him.
(b) He hardly notices because physical features play a minor role in the meeting of twin soul.
(c) He is more attracted to her eyes, and he tells her that he has never seen such beautiful eyes.
(d) He fixates on the movement of her hips as she walks, and pays no attention to her smile.
8. In chapter four, which character makes sloppy attempts to use elevated language?
9. What makes the experience of the news broadcast more real to Azucena?
(a) The fact that Azucena knows Abel Zabludowsky.
(b) The fact that Rodrigo knows the victim of the crime, and she saw how it affects him.
(c) Azucena's deep desire to have been at the place where the news cast was being filmed.
(d) Televirtuality, which transports the viewer to the site of the news.
10. What kind of quotes are found at the beginning and end of the first chapter?
(a) Quotes from modern songs.
(b) Quotes from cookbooks.
(c) Quotes from a popular television personality.
(d) Quotes from Aztec poetry.
11. How does Citlali die?
(a) She dies in labor.
(b) She falls from the Pyramid of Love.
(c) Rodrigo kills her.
(d) She commits suicide.
12. According to the narrator of chapter eight, how does the Supreme Intelligence communicate with us?
(a) Using our emotions.
(b) Using Guardian Angels as go betweens.
(c) Using an audible voice.
(d) Using a direct line, though it may encounter interference.
13. Who is Agapito?
(a) Isabel's boss.
(b) A high ranking angel.
(c) Carmela's boyfriend.
(d) Isabel's employee.
14. When do Citlali and Rodrigo first meet?
(a) When Rodrigo spots Citlali begging, and offers her a place to stay.
(b) When Rodrigo arrives to the city, and destroyed the palace that Citlali was in.
(c) When Citlali, who is performing in the center of Tenochtitlan, sings a song for Rodrigo.
(d) When Rodrigo saves Citlali from a burning building.
15. How does Cuquita feel about Azucena?
(a) She wants to be Azucena's best friend.
(b) She misses her since she moved away from her home town.
(c) She hates her, and she is working on a plan to steal her boyfriend.
(d) She is jealous of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmela do after speaking with Isabel about her dress?
2. Who narrates the second chapter?
3. Who are called the "supreme Reconcilers" in chapter two?
4. What makes Azucena cry as she shops?
5. Where does Anacreonte say that truth is found?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)