|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Azucena buy on the black market, in an old clothing factory cellar?
(c) Illegal music.
(d) A body.
2. According to the narrator of chapter eight, how does the Supreme Intelligence communicate with us?
(a) Using Guardian Angels as go betweens.
(b) Using our emotions.
(c) Using an audible voice.
(d) Using a direct line, though it may encounter interference.
3. Who is Carmela?
(a) Isabel's daughter.
(b) Azucena's cousin.
(c) Cuquita's daughter.
(d) Anacreonte's second case.
4. At the close of chapter five, what is said about the relationship between Isabel and Azucena?
(a) Azucena will soon come into contact with Isabel, and she will soon go through Hell.
(b) Azucena and Isabel may join forces soon, and make a positive change in the world.
(c) Azucena and Isabel will both participate in a program that changes the twenty third century.
(d) Both Isabel and Azucena share ideals, but they are not able to see that they should work together.
5. Why don't the scientists observing Azucena's memory of the Mexico City of 1985 trust her recollection?
(a) It was too organized and clear.
(b) She failed to explain how she had such an intimate knowledge of the way that the moment that the earthquake struck two areas so far apart that she could not have been in both.
(c) She did not seem moved for someone who had experienced such tragedy.
(d) The location of the Monument of the Angel of Independence was not where it should have been.
6. What is a Plantspeaker?
(a) A device that translates the electrical emissions from plants into words.
(b) An invention that, through the power of music, can increase or decrease the size of plants.
(c) A special kind of speaker used in therapy designed to plant positive feelings in the mind of the listener.
(d) A speaker in the shape of a pot, which helps plants to grow when music in balance with the Divine Plan is played.
7. What does Isabel suspect?
(a) People plotting against her.
(b) Her daughter's political intentions.
(c) Mammon's work proposal.
(d) The termite report on her new home.
8. When does Citlali stop speaking to Rodrigo?
(a) When Rodrigo strikes their child.
(b) When Rodrigo first rapes her, she decides that she would never speak to such a cruel man.
(c) When Rodrigo does not help Teo, who is brought before the Viceroy.
(d) When Rodrigo marries Isabel, and makes it clear that she would never be as important to him as his wife.
9. Where does Azucena end up by mistake on her way homes from the black market at Tepito?
(a) A dangerous street corner.
(b) In a diet center.
(c) To an apartment where a couple is making love.
(d) The wrong government office.
10. Where does Azucena go shopping in chapter seven?
(a) The black market in Tepito.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) Government offices regulating public health.
(d) The Yucatan Peninsula.
11. What does Anacreonte claim happens to what is internal?
(a) It becomes external.
(b) It can be shared with others to benefit humanity.
(c) It changes the laws that govern our reality.
(d) When it is sufficiently explored, it becomes a great source of energy.
12. What is the relationship, described in chapter five, between demons and angels?
(a) Demons are happy with their work, but envy angels their wings.
(b) Demons are fallen angels.
(c) According to the Law of Love, demons and angels can never meet.
(d) Demons aspire to be angels.
13. What is Isabel celebrating at the opening of chapter six?
(a) Her candidacy for Planetary President.
(b) Her new position as Chief of Mexico City Police.
(c) The purchase of her new home.
(d) The birth of her daughter.
14. What is the subject of the news cast that Rodrigo and Azucena view in Azucena's apartment?
(a) The murder of someone that Rodrigo knew personally, so that he had to leave the apartment.
(b) The crowning of Miss Universe.
(c) The American candidate for Planetary President is murdered.
(d) The drowning of a young child in Lake Texcoco.
15. How does Agapito win Isabel's favor?
(a) He buys Carmela flowers.
(b) He sat Carmela on top of the pyramid.
(c) He brings lunch to Isabel's house.
(d) He offers Isabel some time off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the song at the beginning of chapter eight about?
2. When do Citlali and Rodrigo first meet?
3. What does the Law of Love state about what happens when hatred is planted in our heats by others?
4. What would Azucena's Guardian Angel recommend if she would listen to him?
5. Why do men whistle at Azucena on the street?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)