|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Azuena's Guardian Angel monitor at the beginning of chapter eight?
(a) Azucena's gambling.
(b) Azucena's illness.
(c) Azucena's cooking.
(d) Azucena's depression.
2. What is the Law of Love?
(a) Laws that govern suitable sexual behavior in Mexico City.
(b) The Laws set out by Aztec gods that govern love and reproduction.
(c) Laws governing romantic love.
(d) A set of Natural Laws that govern the universe.
3. After making love, what brings Rodrigo and Azucena "back to earth"?
(a) They are so hungry that they call for a pizza delivery.
(b) The house catches on fire, and they are forced to run out even though they are not dressed.
(c) They find a leg in their bed.
(d) The roof leaks and they are soaked with rain water.
4. How does Isabel approach her work?
(a) She is lazy.
(b) She is persistent.
(c) She is constantly planning, but works little.
(d) She works little, depending on the labor of others.
5. Who narrates the second chapter?
6. Who is Agapito?
(a) Carmela's boyfriend.
(b) Isabel's employee.
(c) A high ranking angel.
(d) Isabel's boss.
7. How does Azucena find her apartment when she returns from shopping?
(a) On fire.
(c) Freshly painted.
8. What makes the experience of the news broadcast more real to Azucena?
(a) Azucena's deep desire to have been at the place where the news cast was being filmed.
(b) The fact that Azucena knows Abel Zabludowsky.
(c) Televirtuality, which transports the viewer to the site of the news.
(d) The fact that Rodrigo knows the victim of the crime, and she saw how it affects him.
9. Why does Rodrigo leave Azucena's apartment?
(a) He goes to see if he could help the people that were in the newscast.
(b) He felt that, out of respect, he needed to go consult with his own Guardian Angel.
(c) He needs to get to work.
(d) He wants to collect his belongings and bring them back.
10. What does Azucena's Guardian Angel think of her feeling isolated?
(a) As she wallows in her negative feelings, she is ignoring the fun she could be having with the guests staying at her house.
(b) She should realize she is not isolated.
(c) She should not listen to her feelings, but should take action.
(d) She is in great danger of losing herself in her emotions.
11. What does Azucena's Guardian Angel argue is connected?
(a) Everything in the Cosmos.
(b) Azcuena's interest in history and her past life.
(c) Azucena's lack of direction and her overeating.
(d) The sound of traffic and inner peace.
12. What do aerophone booths do?
(a) They transflash people.
(b) They are phones that allow auric contact at a distance.
(c) They are public phones that send objects from one site to another, much like our fax machines send papers today.
(d) They materialize people's truest desires.
13. When does Citlali stop speaking to Rodrigo?
(a) When Rodrigo does not help Teo, who is brought before the Viceroy.
(b) When Rodrigo first rapes her, she decides that she would never speak to such a cruel man.
(c) When Rodrigo marries Isabel, and makes it clear that she would never be as important to him as his wife.
(d) When Rodrigo strikes their child.
14. What does the coyote at the end of chapter four try to sell Azucena?
(a) A silver spoon.
(b) Illegal music.
(c) A body.
(d) Plant speakers.
15. What is the relationship between Azucena and Rodrigo?
(a) They are artists who work together.
(b) They are Guardian Angels assigned to the same case.
(c) They live in the same apartment building.
(d) They are twin souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship, described in chapter five, between demons and angels?
2. How does Mammon characterize his work?
3. Why do men whistle at Azucena on the street?
4. What frustrates Anacreonte about Azucena?
5. What is the subject of the news cast that Rodrigo and Azucena view in Azucena's apartment?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)