|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of situations does Anacreonte claim we are put in?
(a) Situations that correspond to our degree of evolution.
(b) Situations that allow us to develop our deepest personal interests.
(c) Situations that put the least evolved people in the greatest danger.
(d) Situations that can change our inner lives for the better.
2. What does the coyote at the end of chapter four try to sell Azucena?
(a) Plant speakers.
(b) A silver spoon.
(c) Illegal music.
(d) A body.
3. Why does the Viceroy dine with Rodrigo?
(a) He visits Rodrigo to congratulate him on his new encomienda.
(b) He visits Rodrigo to warn him to threaten to strip him of his Indians if he is lenient with them.
(c) He dines at Rodrigo's home when he brings news of an Indian uprising.
(d) He dines with Rodrigo because he has heard rumors of Citlali's exquisite cooking.
4. According to the narrator of chapter twelve, what do we need to act on if we want to avoid making decisions that could be considered bad?
(a) Avoid following conventional paths.
(b) Follow our emotions.
(c) Allow our friends to help us.
(d) Follow our Guardian Angel.
5. What is the mood of chapter sixteen?
(a) There is a great deal of hope for the future, as characters plan to create a new social movement
(b) Characters are tense and concerned about how to bring down Isabel.
(c) The mood is depressing, as Isabel gains power, and Azucena has no hope of defeating her.
(d) The mood is sad as Azucena no longer has any hope of enjoying a romance with Rodrigo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Azucena's interview?
2. What does Azuena's Guardian Angel monitor at the beginning of chapter eight?
3. What do the photomentals of Ex-Azucena show as he talks with Isabel in Chapter 11?
4. What is a Plantspeaker?
5. What does Mammon claim will happen if chaos ends?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)