|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
2. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
3. Who suspects Lady Audley of setting the fire at Mount Stanning?
4. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
5. Where is the institute the doctor recommends for Lady Audley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
2. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
3. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
4. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
5. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
6. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
7. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
8. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
9. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
10. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence Robert Audley collects and uses to prove Lady Audley is really Helen Talboys. Discuss what each piece of evidence means and how each piece of evidence led Robert to the conclusion that Lady Audley most likely killed George Talboys.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss family. Why does Helen Talboys desert her family, including her little boy, after her husband travels to Australia to make their fortune? Why does Captain Maldon drink away all the family's money? Why does George Talboys' father disinherit him for marrying Helen? Why does George's father not believe Robert's claim that George has been murdered? How does George's father change his tune after George is found alive and well? What accounts for this change in attitude?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Lucy Graham? For whom did Lucy Graham work before her marriage to Sir Michael Audley? Why does Sir Audley's daughter, Alicia, not like the new Lady Audley? Why does the new Lady Audley have trouble making friends with other women? What does Lady Audley think of her new family? What is the nature of Lady Audley's relationship with her maid, Phoebe? Why does Lady Audley give Phoebe and her new husband, Luke Marks, a great deal of money before their marriage? What does this say about Lady Audley's character?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)