|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert encourage Alicia to travel with her father?
2. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
3. What does Robert take from the item Lucy Graham left behind with her former employer?
4. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
5. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
Essay Topic 1
Why do Phoebe and Luke Marks continue to blackmail Lady Audley even after they are married and buy their inn? Why does Luke Marks talk to Robert about this blackmail scheme even though he might cause it to end? Why does Phoebe try to protect Lady Audley? How does Phoebe feel about Lady Audley? Is this emotion mutual between the two women? Why would Phoebe so loyal to someone she is blackmailing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following themes and their importance to the overall plot of the novel:
Essay Topic 3
Who is Lucy Graham? For whom did Lucy Graham work before her marriage to Sir Michael Audley? Why does Sir Audley's daughter, Alicia, not like the new Lady Audley? Why does the new Lady Audley have trouble making friends with other women? What does Lady Audley think of her new family? What is the nature of Lady Audley's relationship with her maid, Phoebe? Why does Lady Audley give Phoebe and her new husband, Luke Marks, a great deal of money before their marriage? What does this say about Lady Audley's character?
This section contains 1,514 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)