|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Phoebe give to Lady Audley?
2. What does the doctor find after examining Lady Audley?
3. Who suspects Lady Audley of setting the fire at Mount Stanning?
4. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
5. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
2. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
3. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
4. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
5. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
6. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
7. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
8. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
9. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
10. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Robert Audley? How does Robert know George Talboys? Where has George been just before he meets up with Robert Audley? Why has he been there? Who is George currently looking for? What does George learn about this person he is searching for? How does this make George feel? Why does Robert accompany George to visit his father-in-law and his son, Georgie? What is the result of this visit? What does Robert find unusual about Captain Maldon's behavior at this visit?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss two of the following literary techniques in detail, using information from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
Why do Phoebe and Luke Marks continue to blackmail Lady Audley even after they are married and buy their inn? Why does Luke Marks talk to Robert about this blackmail scheme even though he might cause it to end? Why does Phoebe try to protect Lady Audley? How does Phoebe feel about Lady Audley? Is this emotion mutual between the two women? Why would Phoebe so loyal to someone she is blackmailing?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)