|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to have doubts about Lady Audley's accusations against Robert?
2. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
3. Who does Luke reveal saw Lady Audley push George into a dry well?
4. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
5. What does Lady Audley claim happened to her mother when she was only an infant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
2. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
3. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
4. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
5. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
6. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
7. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
8. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
9. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
10. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Captain Maldon. What disease does Captain Maldon suffer? Why does Captain Maldon spend all the family's money on himself? What motive does Captain Maldon present to Helen to cause her to want to marry someone with money? Who is Captain Maldon's wife? Where is she? How does this reflect on Helen? How does Helen die? What role does Captain Maldon play in this death? Why does George leave his child in the care of Captain Maldon?
Essay Topic 2
Who is George Talboys? Why did he marry Helen Maldon? Why did his father disinherit him? How did that action impact his relationship with his wife? Why did George go to Australia? What was he hoping to get out of that trip? Did he? What had changed when George returned home? For what reason? How could this situation have been avoided? Would it have been avoided if George had acted differently?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Robert Audley? How does Robert know George Talboys? Where has George been just before he meets up with Robert Audley? Why has he been there? Who is George currently looking for? What does George learn about this person he is searching for? How does this make George feel? Why does Robert accompany George to visit his father-in-law and his son, Georgie? What is the result of this visit? What does Robert find unusual about Captain Maldon's behavior at this visit?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)