|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Phoebe give to Lady Audley?
2. Who requests to speak with Robert upon his return to Essex?
3. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
4. Why does Lady Audley claim that Helen Talboys married George Talboys?
5. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
2. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
3. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
4. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
5. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
6. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
7. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
8. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
9. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
10. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lucy Graham? For whom did Lucy Graham work before her marriage to Sir Michael Audley? Why does Sir Audley's daughter, Alicia, not like the new Lady Audley? Why does the new Lady Audley have trouble making friends with other women? What does Lady Audley think of her new family? What is the nature of Lady Audley's relationship with her maid, Phoebe? Why does Lady Audley give Phoebe and her new husband, Luke Marks, a great deal of money before their marriage? What does this say about Lady Audley's character?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Robert Audley? How does Robert know George Talboys? Where has George been just before he meets up with Robert Audley? Why has he been there? Who is George currently looking for? What does George learn about this person he is searching for? How does this make George feel? Why does Robert accompany George to visit his father-in-law and his son, Georgie? What is the result of this visit? What does Robert find unusual about Captain Maldon's behavior at this visit?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lady Audley go to London after speaking to Robert about his plan to find George Talboys? What does Lady Audley do while in London? How does the reader know this? Does Robert realize what Lady Audley has done? How does Robert figure it out? What is Lady Audley trying to hide? Is she successful in this? Why or why not?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)