|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara send to Robert in order to aid his investigation?
2. Where is the institute the doctor recommends for Lady Audley?
3. What threat does Lady Audley make against Robert?
4. Why does Robert call a doctor to examine Lady Audley?
5. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
2. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
3. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
4. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
5. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
6. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
7. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
8. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
9. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
10. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert's lifestyle. What kind of life has Robert led before running into George Talboys? Why does Robert travel so much? What kind of work does Robert do? What kind of work is Robert qualified to do? Why does Clara Talboys suggest Robert change his lifestyle? Does he? What happens in their relationship after this moment? How much impact did George's ordeal have on Robert and his decision to change his lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following themes and their importance to the overall plot of the novel:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel. Where is the novel set? Why did the author choose this setting? In what time period is the novel set? Is this time period contemporary to the author? What impact did the author's life have on her story? How might the story have been different if set in a different place or time? What impact does the setting have on the themes of the novel?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)