|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
2. Why does Alicia Audley think Robert has asked for a walk alone with Lady Audley?
3. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
4. Where does Lady Audley claim George is?
5. Why does Robert visit Halcourt Talboys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
2. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
3. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
4. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
5. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
6. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
7. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
8. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
9. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
10. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lady Audley go to London after speaking to Robert about his plan to find George Talboys? What does Lady Audley do while in London? How does the reader know this? Does Robert realize what Lady Audley has done? How does Robert figure it out? What is Lady Audley trying to hide? Is she successful in this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following character relationships in detail, discussing how these relationships affect the developing plot and the themes of the novel, using information from the text to support your arguments:
1) Helen and George
2) George and Lady Audley
3) Robert and Lady Audley
4) Sir and Lady Audley.
Essay Topic 3
Why do Phoebe and Luke Marks continue to blackmail Lady Audley even after they are married and buy their inn? Why does Luke Marks talk to Robert about this blackmail scheme even though he might cause it to end? Why does Phoebe try to protect Lady Audley? How does Phoebe feel about Lady Audley? Is this emotion mutual between the two women? Why would Phoebe so loyal to someone she is blackmailing?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)