|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halcourt suggest Robert do with his investigation into George's disappearance?
2. Who begins to have doubts about Lady Audley's accusations against Robert?
3. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
4. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
5. Why is Phoebe unhappy owning an inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
2. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
3. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
4. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
5. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
6. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
7. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
8. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
9. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
10. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lady Audley repetitively lie to Robert in order to keep him and George Talboys from visiting Audley Court? Why does Robert not realize what Lady Audley is trying to do? How does George react when he sees the portrait of Lady Audley? How does Lady Audley act after finally meeting George Talboys? Should these behaviors have clued the other characters into the situation? How do these reactions help the reader realize something is going on?
Essay Topic 2
Who is George Talboys? Why did he marry Helen Maldon? Why did his father disinherit him? How did that action impact his relationship with his wife? Why did George go to Australia? What was he hoping to get out of that trip? Did he? What had changed when George returned home? For what reason? How could this situation have been avoided? Would it have been avoided if George had acted differently?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evidence Robert Audley collects and uses to prove Lady Audley is really Helen Talboys. Discuss what each piece of evidence means and how each piece of evidence led Robert to the conclusion that Lady Audley most likely killed George Talboys.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)