|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Audley hope to turn against Robert with a plan she concocts?
2. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
3. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
4. Why did Lady Audley fake her death?
5. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lady Audley go to London after speaking to Robert about his plan to find George Talboys? What does Lady Audley do while in London? How does the reader know this? Does Robert realize what Lady Audley has done? How does Robert figure it out? What is Lady Audley trying to hide? Is she successful in this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss insanity. Why does Lady Audley begin claiming that Robert Audley is insane? Why does Lady Audley fall back on the idea of insanity? How does Lady Audley hope this claim against Robert will cause him to back off her secrets? Why does Lady Audley claim that Robert makes her uncomfortable and that her husband should have him declared insane? Is Robert insane? In whose family does insanity really run?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following themes and their importance to the overall plot of the novel:
This section contains 1,480 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)