|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lady Audley fake her death?
2. Who does Lady Audley hope to turn against Robert with a plan she concocts?
3. What does the doctor find after examining Lady Audley?
4. Who does Robert meet upon returning to Essex?
5. Why does Robert visit Halcourt Talboys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
2. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
3. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
4. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
5. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
6. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
7. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
8. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
9. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
10. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence Robert Audley collects and uses to prove Lady Audley is really Helen Talboys. Discuss what each piece of evidence means and how each piece of evidence led Robert to the conclusion that Lady Audley most likely killed George Talboys.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism as it relates to the items Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box. What is important about these items? What might they mean to Lady Audley? How do Luke and Phoebe plan to use these items to blackmail Lady Audley? Why does Lady Audley pay these blackmailers?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following character relationships in detail, discussing how these relationships affect the developing plot and the themes of the novel, using information from the text to support your arguments:
1) Helen and George
2) George and Lady Audley
3) Robert and Lady Audley
4) Sir and Lady Audley.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)