|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
2. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
3. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
4. What does the injury Lady Audley has look like to Robert?
5. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
2. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
3. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
4. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
5. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
6. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
7. When Robert shows George around Audley Court, what item causes George to become oddly quiet and thoughtful?
8. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
9. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
10. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lady Audley repetitively lie to Robert in order to keep him and George Talboys from visiting Audley Court? Why does Robert not realize what Lady Audley is trying to do? How does George react when he sees the portrait of Lady Audley? How does Lady Audley act after finally meeting George Talboys? Should these behaviors have clued the other characters into the situation? How do these reactions help the reader realize something is going on?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evidence Robert Audley collects and uses to prove Lady Audley is really Helen Talboys. Discuss what each piece of evidence means and how each piece of evidence led Robert to the conclusion that Lady Audley most likely killed George Talboys.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism as it relates to the items Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box. What is important about these items? What might they mean to Lady Audley? How do Luke and Phoebe plan to use these items to blackmail Lady Audley? Why does Lady Audley pay these blackmailers?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)