Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
2. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
3. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
4. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
3. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
4. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
5. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
6. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
7. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
8. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
9. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
10. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. Where is the novel set? Why did the author choose this setting? In what time period is the novel set? Is this time period contemporary to the author? What impact did the author's life have on her story? How might the story have been different if set in a different place or time? What impact does the setting have on the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Robert Audley? How does Robert know George Talboys? Where has George been just before he meets up with Robert Audley? Why has he been there? Who is George currently looking for? What does George learn about this person he is searching for? How does this make George feel? Why does Robert accompany George to visit his father-in-law and his son, Georgie? What is the result of this visit? What does Robert find unusual about Captain Maldon's behavior at this visit?
Essay Topic 3
Who is George Talboys? Why did he marry Helen Maldon? Why did his father disinherit him? How did that action impact his relationship with his wife? Why did George go to Australia? What was he hoping to get out of that trip? Did he? What had changed when George returned home? For what reason? How could this situation have been avoided? Would it have been avoided if George had acted differently?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)