|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
2. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
3. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
4. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
3. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
4. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
5. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
6. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
7. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
8. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
9. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
10. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following themes and their importance to the overall plot of the novel:
Essay Topic 2
Discuss two of the following literary techniques in detail, using information from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel. Where is the novel set? Why did the author choose this setting? In what time period is the novel set? Is this time period contemporary to the author? What impact did the author's life have on her story? How might the story have been different if set in a different place or time? What impact does the setting have on the themes of the novel?
This section contains 1,885 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)