|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go after being asked to leave Audley Court?
2. Why does Alicia believe Robert is spending a great deal of time with Lady Audley?
3. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
4. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
5. What does the injury Lady Audley has look like to Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
2. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
3. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
4. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
5. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
6. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
7. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
8. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
9. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
10. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert Audley's guardianship of Georgie Talboys. Why does George give Robert guardianship over his son? What does George hope Robert can do that perhaps Captain Maldon cannot? Why does George leave Georgie with Captain Maldon? Why does George not make arrangements to take his son to Australia with him? Why does Robert remove Georgie from Captain Maldon's care? What is Robert hoping to achieve for the young boy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's style. How is the novel structured? Is there anything unique about this structure? How might the novel have been more reader friendly? How might the style have impacted the themes in the novel? Does style affect story? In what ways? Discuss changes that might be made to the novel to make it more easily read by modern readers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert's lifestyle. What kind of life has Robert led before running into George Talboys? Why does Robert travel so much? What kind of work does Robert do? What kind of work is Robert qualified to do? Why does Clara Talboys suggest Robert change his lifestyle? Does he? What happens in their relationship after this moment? How much impact did George's ordeal have on Robert and his decision to change his lifestyle?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)