|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
2. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
3. Why does Robert come to the conclusion that he has to take Georgie from the custody of his grandfather?
4. How does Lady Audley avoid being introduced to George Talboys in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
5. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
3. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
4. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
5. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
6. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
7. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
8. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
9. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
10. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lady Audley attempt to burn down Phoebe and Luke Marks' inn? Why does Lady Audley lock Robert's door from the outside? Who is injured in this fire? Why? Why does Lady Audley believe Robert Audley will die? Why is Lady Audley to find Robert still alive? Why does Lady Audley confess to her real identity when she learns Robert survived the fire? How does Sir Michael Audley react? How does Robert get Lady Audley confined to a mental institution after this incident?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the letters that Luke Marks gives to Robert Audley at the end of the story. What surprise do these letters reveal? Why are these letters significant? Does Robert tell anyone about the letters? Why did Luke Marks hold on to the letters after they were given to him? What might have happened had Luke given the letters to the appropriate people as soon as he received them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following themes and their importance to the overall plot of the novel:
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)