|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
2. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
3. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
4. Where do Robert and George stay while in Audley village in Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
5. What recreation do George and Robert decide to participate in in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
2. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
3. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
4. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
5. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
6. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
7. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
8. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
9. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
10. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence Robert Audley collects and uses to prove Lady Audley is really Helen Talboys. Discuss what each piece of evidence means and how each piece of evidence led Robert to the conclusion that Lady Audley most likely killed George Talboys.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lady Audley go to London after speaking to Robert about his plan to find George Talboys? What does Lady Audley do while in London? How does the reader know this? Does Robert realize what Lady Audley has done? How does Robert figure it out? What is Lady Audley trying to hide? Is she successful in this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel. Where is the novel set? Why did the author choose this setting? In what time period is the novel set? Is this time period contemporary to the author? What impact did the author's life have on her story? How might the story have been different if set in a different place or time? What impact does the setting have on the themes of the novel?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)