|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
2. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
3. Where does George go when Robert falls asleep in Chapter 9 of Volume 1?
4. What draws men to Lady Audley?
5. How much time does Robert tell Lady Audley he will wait in hopes of receiving an answer to his newspaper ads?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
2. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
3. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
4. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
5. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
6. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
7. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
8. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
9. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
10. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Robert Audley's guardianship of Georgie Talboys. Why does George give Robert guardianship over his son? What does George hope Robert can do that perhaps Captain Maldon cannot? Why does George leave Georgie with Captain Maldon? Why does George not make arrangements to take his son to Australia with him? Why does Robert remove Georgie from Captain Maldon's care? What is Robert hoping to achieve for the young boy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss two of the following literary techniques in detail, using information from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the letters that Luke Marks gives to Robert Audley at the end of the story. What surprise do these letters reveal? Why are these letters significant? Does Robert tell anyone about the letters? Why did Luke Marks hold on to the letters after they were given to him? What might have happened had Luke given the letters to the appropriate people as soon as he received them?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)