|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
2. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
3. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
4. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
3. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
4. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
5. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
6. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
7. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
8. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
9. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
10. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lady Audley go to London after speaking to Robert about his plan to find George Talboys? What does Lady Audley do while in London? How does the reader know this? Does Robert realize what Lady Audley has done? How does Robert figure it out? What is Lady Audley trying to hide? Is she successful in this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss insanity. Why does Lady Audley begin claiming that Robert Audley is insane? Why does Lady Audley fall back on the idea of insanity? How does Lady Audley hope this claim against Robert will cause him to back off her secrets? Why does Lady Audley claim that Robert makes her uncomfortable and that her husband should have him declared insane? Is Robert insane? In whose family does insanity really run?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert's lifestyle. What kind of life has Robert led before running into George Talboys? Why does Robert travel so much? What kind of work does Robert do? What kind of work is Robert qualified to do? Why does Clara Talboys suggest Robert change his lifestyle? Does he? What happens in their relationship after this moment? How much impact did George's ordeal have on Robert and his decision to change his lifestyle?
This section contains 1,885 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)