|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
2. What is George's emotional state and its cause?
3. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
4. What does Robert find in regards to these letters in George's trunk?
5. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
2. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
3. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
4. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
5. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
6. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
7. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
8. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
9. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
10. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss family. Why does Helen Talboys desert her family, including her little boy, after her husband travels to Australia to make their fortune? Why does Captain Maldon drink away all the family's money? Why does George Talboys' father disinherit him for marrying Helen? Why does George's father not believe Robert's claim that George has been murdered? How does George's father change his tune after George is found alive and well? What accounts for this change in attitude?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Robert Audley? How does Robert know George Talboys? Where has George been just before he meets up with Robert Audley? Why has he been there? Who is George currently looking for? What does George learn about this person he is searching for? How does this make George feel? Why does Robert accompany George to visit his father-in-law and his son, Georgie? What is the result of this visit? What does Robert find unusual about Captain Maldon's behavior at this visit?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism as it relates to the items Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box. What is important about these items? What might they mean to Lady Audley? How do Luke and Phoebe plan to use these items to blackmail Lady Audley? Why does Lady Audley pay these blackmailers?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)