|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert sea at the London train station?
2. Why does Robert come to the conclusion that he has to take Georgie from the custody of his grandfather?
3. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
4. What holiday season begins in Chapter 15 of Volume 1 at Audley Court?
5. Why does Alicia Audley dislike her stepmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
2. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
3. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
4. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
5. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
6. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
7. What is the cause of tension between Lucy Graham Audley and Alicia Audley?
8. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
9. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
10. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the letters that Luke Marks gives to Robert Audley at the end of the story. What surprise do these letters reveal? Why are these letters significant? Does Robert tell anyone about the letters? Why did Luke Marks hold on to the letters after they were given to him? What might have happened had Luke given the letters to the appropriate people as soon as he received them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism as it relates to the items Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box. What is important about these items? What might they mean to Lady Audley? How do Luke and Phoebe plan to use these items to blackmail Lady Audley? Why does Lady Audley pay these blackmailers?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss two of the following literary techniques in detail, using information from the novel to support your conclusions:
This section contains 1,875 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)