|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Phoebe shared a secret of Lady Audley's?
2. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
3. What impression does Robert get while talking to Luke and Phoebe Marks?
4. Who does Robert tell Captain Maldon he believes is dead?
5. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
2. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
3. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
4. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
5. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
6. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
7. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
8. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
9. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
10. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Captain Maldon. What disease does Captain Maldon suffer? Why does Captain Maldon spend all the family's money on himself? What motive does Captain Maldon present to Helen to cause her to want to marry someone with money? Who is Captain Maldon's wife? Where is she? How does this reflect on Helen? How does Helen die? What role does Captain Maldon play in this death? Why does George leave his child in the care of Captain Maldon?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss two of the following literary techniques in detail, using information from the novel to support your conclusions:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism as it relates to the items Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box. What is important about these items? What might they mean to Lady Audley? How do Luke and Phoebe plan to use these items to blackmail Lady Audley? Why does Lady Audley pay these blackmailers?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)