|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucy Graham?
2. What connection does Robert make between the item he has found in George's trunk and Lady Audley?
3. What does Robert tell Captain Maldon to do with the information Robert has given him?
4. What does Robert find disturbed when he returns to his flat at Fig Tree Court?
5. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
2. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
3. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
4. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
5. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
6. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
7. Who is Sir Harry Towers and what offer does he make to Alicia Audley?
8. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
9. Where does George go after Robert falls asleep during a fishing trip?
10. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Robert Audley? How does Robert know George Talboys? Where has George been just before he meets up with Robert Audley? Why has he been there? Who is George currently looking for? What does George learn about this person he is searching for? How does this make George feel? Why does Robert accompany George to visit his father-in-law and his son, Georgie? What is the result of this visit? What does Robert find unusual about Captain Maldon's behavior at this visit?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lady Audley attempt to burn down Phoebe and Luke Marks' inn? Why does Lady Audley lock Robert's door from the outside? Who is injured in this fire? Why? Why does Lady Audley believe Robert Audley will die? Why is Lady Audley to find Robert still alive? Why does Lady Audley confess to her real identity when she learns Robert survived the fire? How does Sir Michael Audley react? How does Robert get Lady Audley confined to a mental institution after this incident?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss family. Why does Helen Talboys desert her family, including her little boy, after her husband travels to Australia to make their fortune? Why does Captain Maldon drink away all the family's money? Why does George Talboys' father disinherit him for marrying Helen? Why does George's father not believe Robert's claim that George has been murdered? How does George's father change his tune after George is found alive and well? What accounts for this change in attitude?
This section contains 1,893 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)