Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
2. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
3. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
4. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
3. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
4. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
5. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
6. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
7. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
8. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
9. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
10. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
Why does Lady Audley go to London after speaking to Robert about his plan to find George Talboys? What does Lady Audley do while in London? How does the reader know this? Does Robert realize what Lady Audley has done? How does Robert figure it out? What is Lady Audley trying to hide? Is she successful in this? Why or why not?
Discuss family. Why does Helen Talboys desert her family, including her little boy, after her husband travels to Australia to make their fortune? Why does Captain Maldon drink away all the family's money? Why does George Talboys' father disinherit him for marrying Helen? Why does George's father not believe Robert's claim that George has been murdered? How does George's father change his tune after George is found alive and well? What accounts for this change in attitude?
Discuss Captain Maldon. What disease does Captain Maldon suffer? Why does Captain Maldon spend all the family's money on himself? What motive does Captain Maldon present to Helen to cause her to want to marry someone with money? Who is Captain Maldon's wife? Where is she? How does this reflect on Helen? How does Helen die? What role does Captain Maldon play in this death? Why does George leave his child in the care of Captain Maldon?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)