|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area where Robert's flat is located?
2. How do Robert and George get into Lady Audley's rooms in Chapter 8 of Volume 1?
3. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
4. Where does Robert finally meet Lady Audley?
5. What item does Robert see that seems to support the idea that George has left England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
2. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
3. What response does Robert receive when he requests a visit with his uncle, Lord Audley?
4. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
5. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
6. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
7. Where does Robert choose to stay after being removed from Audley Court?
8. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
9. What does Mrs. Plowson, Georgie's babysitter, attempt to keep Georgie from telling Robert?
10. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lucy Graham? For whom did Lucy Graham work before her marriage to Sir Michael Audley? Why does Sir Audley's daughter, Alicia, not like the new Lady Audley? Why does the new Lady Audley have trouble making friends with other women? What does Lady Audley think of her new family? What is the nature of Lady Audley's relationship with her maid, Phoebe? Why does Lady Audley give Phoebe and her new husband, Luke Marks, a great deal of money before their marriage? What does this say about Lady Audley's character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Robert Audley's guardianship of Georgie Talboys. Why does George give Robert guardianship over his son? What does George hope Robert can do that perhaps Captain Maldon cannot? Why does George leave Georgie with Captain Maldon? Why does George not make arrangements to take his son to Australia with him? Why does Robert remove Georgie from Captain Maldon's care? What is Robert hoping to achieve for the young boy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following character relationships in detail, discussing how these relationships affect the developing plot and the themes of the novel, using information from the text to support your arguments:
1) Helen and George
2) George and Lady Audley
3) Robert and Lady Audley
4) Sir and Lady Audley.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)