|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert come to the conclusion that he has to take Georgie from the custody of his grandfather?
2. Who does Phoebe marry in Chapter 15 of Volume 1?
3. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
4. Who is Captain Maldon?
5. Who does Robert interrogate about the disturbance in his flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley visit Robert at Mount Stanning?
2. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
3. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
4. Who does Robert see at the London train station that causes him surprise?
5. Where does Captain Maldon claim George has gone? What proof does he have?
6. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
7. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
8. Who is Robert Audley and how is he related to Lord Audley?
9. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
10. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence Robert Audley collects and uses to prove Lady Audley is really Helen Talboys. Discuss what each piece of evidence means and how each piece of evidence led Robert to the conclusion that Lady Audley most likely killed George Talboys.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism as it relates to the items Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box. What is important about these items? What might they mean to Lady Audley? How do Luke and Phoebe plan to use these items to blackmail Lady Audley? Why does Lady Audley pay these blackmailers?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Lady Audley go to London after speaking to Robert about his plan to find George Talboys? What does Lady Audley do while in London? How does the reader know this? Does Robert realize what Lady Audley has done? How does Robert figure it out? What is Lady Audley trying to hide? Is she successful in this? Why or why not?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)