|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert go for dinner after George disappears?
2. Where does Robert plan to place Georgie when he removes him from his grandfather's custody?
3. What mark from an injury does Robert notice on Lady Audley?
4. Why does Lady Audley ask her husband to have Robert removed from Audley Court?
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Robert believe George has gone when he wakes to find him missing?
2. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
3. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
4. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
5. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
6. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
7. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
8. Where does Robert go when he does not find George at his flat in London?
9. Who does Robert learn was in his flat while he was in Essex?
10. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence Robert Audley collects and uses to prove Lady Audley is really Helen Talboys. Discuss what each piece of evidence means and how each piece of evidence led Robert to the conclusion that Lady Audley most likely killed George Talboys.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Robert's lifestyle. What kind of life has Robert led before running into George Talboys? Why does Robert travel so much? What kind of work does Robert do? What kind of work is Robert qualified to do? Why does Clara Talboys suggest Robert change his lifestyle? Does he? What happens in their relationship after this moment? How much impact did George's ordeal have on Robert and his decision to change his lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert Audley's guardianship of Georgie Talboys. Why does George give Robert guardianship over his son? What does George hope Robert can do that perhaps Captain Maldon cannot? Why does George leave Georgie with Captain Maldon? Why does George not make arrangements to take his son to Australia with him? Why does Robert remove Georgie from Captain Maldon's care? What is Robert hoping to achieve for the young boy?
This section contains 1,885 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)