|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did this visitor give to Georgie on her visit, as discussed in Chapter 2 of Volume 2?
2. Where did Phoebe and her new husband get the money to purchase their new business?
3. Who is Helen Talboys?
4. Who does Robert run into by coincidence in Chapter 4 of Volume 1?
5. What inquiries lead Robert to believe George returned to London alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the age difference between Lucy Graham and Lord Audley's daughter, Alicia?
2. What characteristics of Lucy Graham's draw Lord Audley to her?
3. What is Lucy Graham's profession when Lord Audley meets her?
4. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
5. What injury does Lady Audley have? Why does Robert not believe her explanation for the injury?
6. What instrument does Lady Audley play after dinner?
7. What old friend does Robert run into and what is this friend looking for?
8. Why does Alicia Audley think that Robert is in love with his uncle's wife?
9. Why is a second invitation to Audley Court rescinded after George and Robert arrive in a local village?
10. What prevents Robert and George from returning to London at their intended time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lady Audley attempt to burn down Phoebe and Luke Marks' inn? Why does Lady Audley lock Robert's door from the outside? Who is injured in this fire? Why? Why does Lady Audley believe Robert Audley will die? Why is Lady Audley to find Robert still alive? Why does Lady Audley confess to her real identity when she learns Robert survived the fire? How does Sir Michael Audley react? How does Robert get Lady Audley confined to a mental institution after this incident?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Lady Audley repetitively lie to Robert in order to keep him and George Talboys from visiting Audley Court? Why does Robert not realize what Lady Audley is trying to do? How does George react when he sees the portrait of Lady Audley? How does Lady Audley act after finally meeting George Talboys? Should these behaviors have clued the other characters into the situation? How do these reactions help the reader realize something is going on?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Robert's lifestyle. What kind of life has Robert led before running into George Talboys? Why does Robert travel so much? What kind of work does Robert do? What kind of work is Robert qualified to do? Why does Clara Talboys suggest Robert change his lifestyle? Does he? What happens in their relationship after this moment? How much impact did George's ordeal have on Robert and his decision to change his lifestyle?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)