|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of Volume 1?
2. Who does Phoebe marry in Chapter 15 of Volume 1?
3. Where did Phoebe and her new husband get the money to purchase their new business?
4. From what illness does Captain Maldon appear to suffer?
5. Where does Robert decide to begin his search for George?
Short Essay Questions
1. What business do Luke and Phoebe purchase after their wedding?
2. What do George and Robert read in the newspaper that causes them to rush to the Isle of Wight?
3. When Robert shows George around Audley Court, what item causes George to become oddly quiet and thoughtful?
4. Why do Lady Audley's maid, Phoebe, and her fiance, Luke, ask Lady Audley for money?
5. What does Robert decide to do in order to keep Georgie safe?
6. What does Robert plan to inspect in his flat in London?
7. Who does George make guardian of his son, Georgie? Why?
8. What does Robert find when he inspects George's luggage?
9. What fear causes Robert to rush to the Isle of Wight?
10. What causes Robert to guess that George never left Essex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Robert Audley? How does Robert know George Talboys? Where has George been just before he meets up with Robert Audley? Why has he been there? Who is George currently looking for? What does George learn about this person he is searching for? How does this make George feel? Why does Robert accompany George to visit his father-in-law and his son, Georgie? What is the result of this visit? What does Robert find unusual about Captain Maldon's behavior at this visit?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Robert's lifestyle. What kind of life has Robert led before running into George Talboys? Why does Robert travel so much? What kind of work does Robert do? What kind of work is Robert qualified to do? Why does Clara Talboys suggest Robert change his lifestyle? Does he? What happens in their relationship after this moment? How much impact did George's ordeal have on Robert and his decision to change his lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following themes and their importance to the overall plot of the novel:
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)