|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley believe her secret will never be revealed?
(a) Because she is willing to kill anyone who learns the truth.
(b) Because she has the money to bribe anyone who knows the truth.
(c) Because she is innocent.
(d) Because she has covered her tracks too well.
2. What did Robert think Lady Audley would do when he confronted her with proof of her secret?
(a) She would give herself up to the police.
(b) She would tell him where George is.
(c) She would leave quietly.
(d) She would confess to Lord Audley.
3. Why does Alicia Audley think Robert has asked for a walk alone with Lady Audley?
(a) To plan a surprise party for Lord Audley.
(b) To discuss the whereabouts of George Talboys.
(c) To share a romantic moment alone.
(d) To accuse her of murder.
4. Why does Lady Audley say she felt the need to kill her husband?
(a) Because he wanted a divorce.
(b) Because he wanted to take their child away.
(c) Because he refused to keep her secrets.
(d) Because he wanted her to return to the Isle of Wight with him.
5. How does the item Mrs. Balkham gives to Robert connect Lady Audley to Helen Talboys?
(a) It mentions a friendshipw ith Lady Audley.
(b) It expresses Helen's intention to become Lady Audley.
(c) It describes an extortion attempt on Lady Audley.
(d) It is in Lady Audley's handwriting, but signed Helen Talboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
2. Who finally arrives at Audley Court with news of the fire at Mount Stanning?
3. Who requests to speak with Robert upon his return to Essex?
4. What does Robert take from the item Lucy Graham left behind with her former employer?
5. What does Lady Audley claim happened to her mother when she was only an infant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
2. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
3. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
4. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
5. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
6. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
7. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
8. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
9. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
10. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)