|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
(a) Pays the groom to set it on fire.
(b) Pays Luke to burn it down.
(c) Asks Phoebe to burn it down.
(d) Sets it on fire.
2. What proof does Luke have to support his story of George's fall into the well?
(a) George's new address.
(b) George's wallet.
(c) Two letters written by George to Lady Audley and Robert.
(d) George's buried body.
3. What does Lady Audley claim happened to her mother when she was only an infant?
(a) She was disinherited by her wealthy father.
(b) She commited suicide.
(c) She went insane.
(d) She died in childbirth.
4. Why does Robert want to walk alone with Lady Audley in Chapter 11 of Volume 2?
(a) To share a romantic moment alone.
(b) To ask where George has gone.
(c) To plan a surprise party for Lord Audley.
(d) To tell her what he has learned about her and Helen Talboys.
5. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
2. Who is Halcourt Talboys?
3. Who suspects Lady Audley of setting the fire at Mount Stanning?
4. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
5. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
2. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
3. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
4. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
5. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
6. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
7. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
8. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
9. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
10. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)