|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley claim that Helen Talboys married George Talboys?
(a) For his money.
(b) For the sake of the child.
(c) For her father.
(d) For love.
2. Why does Lady Audley say she felt the need to kill her husband?
(a) Because he wanted her to return to the Isle of Wight with him.
(b) Because he wanted to take their child away.
(c) Because he wanted a divorce.
(d) Because he refused to keep her secrets.
3. What does Clara send to Robert in order to aid his investigation?
(a) Letters from George to Helen.
(b) Letters from Helen to George.
(c) Letters to her from George.
(d) Letters from Clara to George.
4. Why do Robert and Clara plan a trip to Australia?
(a) To look for George.
(b) To check on George's property there.
(c) To claim George's fortune.
(d) To show Georgie where his father made his fortune.
5. What does Lady Audley imagine is driving her mad with anticipation?
(a) Waiting for the news of the fire.
(b) Waiting for news of her son's death.
(c) Waiting for news of Luke and Robert's deaths.
(d) Waiting for news of George's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Audley say she did after George abandoned her?
2. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
3. What proof does Luke have to support his story of George's fall into the well?
4. Why does Robert not go to the police with Lady Audley's secret?
5. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
2. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
3. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
4. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
5. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
6. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
7. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
8. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
9. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
10. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)