|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
(a) George stole from Halcourt.
(b) George disgraced the family with alcohol use.
(c) George was disowned for marrying Helen.
(d) George disgraced the family by having a child out of wedlock.
2. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
(a) To Isle of Wight.
(b) To Wildernsea.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To London.
3. Why does Robert not go to the police with Lady Audley's secret?
(a) To protect George's family name.
(b) To protect a woman he has come to love.
(c) To protect the family name.
(d) To protect George's son.
4. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
(a) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert hit her.
(b) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert is insane.
(c) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert made a pass at her.
(d) She plans to convince Lord Audley that Robert stole from her.
5. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
(a) To pay a bribe to Luke and Phoebe.
(b) To ask for Luke's help in hiding George's body.
(c) To beg Robert to keep her secret.
(d) To confess to Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara ask Robert to do with George's killer should he or she be found?
2. Who is Mrs. Balkham?
3. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
4. What is Halcourt's reaction to Robert's visit?
5. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
2. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
3. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
4. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
5. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
6. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
7. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
8. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
9. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
10. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)