|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
(a) To protect his uncle.
(b) A loyalty to his friend and respect for his sister.
(c) To force Lady Audley to be his lover.
(d) To extort money from Lady Audley.
2. What does Clara send to Robert in order to aid his investigation?
(a) Letters from George to Helen.
(b) Letters to her from George.
(c) Letters from Clara to George.
(d) Letters from Helen to George.
3. Why does Lady Audley say she felt the need to kill her husband?
(a) Because he wanted her to return to the Isle of Wight with him.
(b) Because he wanted to take their child away.
(c) Because he refused to keep her secrets.
(d) Because he wanted a divorce.
4. Why does Robert believe Lady Audley might leave Audley Court without his interference?
(a) A warning from Clara Talboys.
(b) The warning Captain Maldon should have given her.
(c) Knowledge of Robert's continued investigation.
(d) Knowledge of the letters Clara provided Robert.
5. What event forces Robert to return to the investigation sooner than he expected?
(a) News of George's reappearance.
(b) The discovery of new evidence.
(c) Lady Audley's illness.
(d) Lord Audley's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Phoebe unhappy owning an inn?
2. Why does Lord Audley banish Robert from Audley Court?
3. Why does Lady Audley believe her secret will never be revealed?
4. Whose room does Lady Audley lock before leaving Mount Stanning?
5. Where does Lady Audley claim George is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
2. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
3. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
4. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
5. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
6. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
7. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
8. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
9. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
10. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)