|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
(d) Lady Audley.
2. Why did Lady Audley fake her death?
(a) To free herself to marry again, this time for money.
(b) To free herself to marry again, this time for love.
(c) To free herself from her alcoholic father.
(d) To free herself from her child.
3. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
(a) She draws on the stress of Robert's investigation.
(b) She imagines Lord Audley asking for a divorce.
(c) She cuts up onions.
(d) She pinches herself.
4. Who requests to speak with Robert upon his return to Essex?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) Phoebe Marks.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Lady Audley.
5. Who does Robert meet upon returning to Essex?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Clara Talboys.
(c) Mrs. Taylor.
(d) Captain Maldon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the school located where Lucy Graham worked before coming to Essex?
2. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
3. What item did Helen Talboys leave with Mrs. Balkham when she left town?
4. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
5. How does the item Mrs. Balkham gives to Robert connect Lady Audley to Helen Talboys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
2. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
3. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
4. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
5. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
6. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
7. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
8. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
9. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
10. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)