|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Lady Audley owes her.
(b) That Lady Audley can afford it.
(c) That Robert sent her.
(d) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
2. Why does Alicia write Robert and promise that she is keeping Sir Michael as busy as possible?
(a) So he will not return to Audley Court too soon.
(b) So he will not think of his wife.
(c) So he will not try to rescue Lady Audley from the hospital.
(d) So he will not become ill with grief.
3. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
(a) A beating for Luke to stop the extortion.
(b) A fire at the inn.
(c) Murder to end extortion.
(d) Drinking to soothe stress.
4. What did Robert think Lady Audley would do when he confronted her with proof of her secret?
(a) She would tell him where George is.
(b) She would leave quietly.
(c) She would confess to Lord Audley.
(d) She would give herself up to the police.
5. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
2. What place does Sir Michael swear he will never go to again?
3. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
4. Why does Lady Audley believe her secret will never be revealed?
5. What threat does Lady Audley make against Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
2. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
3. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
4. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
5. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
6. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
7. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
8. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
9. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
10. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)