|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lady Audley claim George is?
(a) Drowned in the river in Essex.
(b) On a boat to Australia.
(c) Buried in the garden at Audley Court.
(d) The bottom of a dry well.
2. Why does Lady Audley say she felt the need to kill her husband?
(a) Because he wanted to take their child away.
(b) Because he refused to keep her secrets.
(c) Because he wanted a divorce.
(d) Because he wanted her to return to the Isle of Wight with him.
3. What prompts Lady Audley to confess all to Lord Audley?
(a) Phoebe's insistence that Lady Audley paid her to start the fire.
(b) Luke's accusation that she killed George.
(c) Robert's survival of the fire.
(d) Luke's death.
4. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
(a) That she attempted to poison her current husband.
(b) That she killed her first husband.
(c) That she has a history of violent behavior.
(d) That she has threatened to kill herself.
5. How does Lady Audley react to Robert's accusations?
(a) She calls him a liar.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She offers proof against his accusations.
(d) She becomes frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
2. Who finally arrives at Audley Court with news of the fire at Mount Stanning?
3. What plan does Lady Audley concoct to make Robert leave Audley Court?
4. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
5. Who does Luke reveal saw Lady Audley push George into a dry well?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
2. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
3. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
4. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
5. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
6. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
7. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
8. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
9. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
10. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)