|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Robert accuse Lady Audley of having as they walk alone on the Lime Walk?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) The Plague.
(c) Morning sickness.
2. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
(b) Immoral behavior.
3. Why does Robert return to the home of the Talboys?
(a) To tell them about Helen's illness.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To tell them George is alive.
(d) To see Clara.
4. Whose room does Lady Audley lock before leaving Mount Stanning?
5. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
(a) George stole from Halcourt.
(b) George was disowned for marrying Helen.
(c) George disgraced the family by having a child out of wedlock.
(d) George disgraced the family with alcohol use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor find after examining Lady Audley?
2. Who described Lady Audley in such a way that she resembled Helen Talboys?
3. What does Clara ask Robert to do with George's killer should he or she be found?
4. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
5. What is Halcourt's reaction to Robert's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
2. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
3. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
4. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
5. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
6. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
7. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
8. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
9. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
10. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)