|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
(a) Pays Luke to burn it down.
(b) Sets it on fire.
(c) Asks Phoebe to burn it down.
(d) Pays the groom to set it on fire.
2. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
(a) Halcourt thinks George's disappearance is a trick to regain his lost inheritance.
(b) Halcourt is senile.
(c) Halcourt killed George himself.
(d) Halcourt never liked George anyway.
3. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
(a) With criticism.
(b) With disinterest.
(c) With disbelief.
(d) With care and concern.
4. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
(a) To plot revenge against Helen.
(b) To take custody of his child.
(c) To recover his lost luggage.
(d) To renew his acquaintanceship with his good friend.
5. Why does Alicia write Robert and promise that she is keeping Sir Michael as busy as possible?
(a) So he will not think of his wife.
(b) So he will not become ill with grief.
(c) So he will not return to Audley Court too soon.
(d) So he will not try to rescue Lady Audley from the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert meet upon returning to Essex?
2. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
3. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
4. What was Lady Audley attempting to protect when she killed George?
5. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
2. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
3. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
4. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
5. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
6. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
7. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
8. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
9. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
10. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)