|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
(a) Pays Luke to burn it down.
(b) Pays the groom to set it on fire.
(c) Sets it on fire.
(d) Asks Phoebe to burn it down.
2. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
(a) She cuts up onions.
(b) She imagines Lord Audley asking for a divorce.
(c) She pinches herself.
(d) She draws on the stress of Robert's investigation.
3. What reason does Robert believe Lady Audley had for faking Helen Talboys death and marrying Lord Audley?
4. Who does Lady Audley hope to turn against Robert with a plan she concocts?
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Luke Marks.
(d) Lord Audley.
5. Who requests to speak with Robert upon his return to Essex?
(a) Phoebe Marks.
(b) Luke Marks.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) Alicia Audley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert visit Halcourt Talboys?
2. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
3. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
4. Who finally arrives at Audley Court with news of the fire at Mount Stanning?
5. What does Robert take from the item Lucy Graham left behind with her former employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
2. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
3. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
4. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
5. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
6. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
7. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
8. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
9. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
10. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)