|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat does Lady Audley make against Robert?
(a) She threatens to kill Lord Audley.
(b) She promises to tell her husband they are lovers.
(c) She promises to throw him in an asylum.
(d) She threatens to kill him.
2. Why does Robert return to the home of the Talboys?
(a) All of the above.
(b) To see Clara.
(c) To tell them George is alive.
(d) To tell them about Helen's illness.
3. What item does Phoebe give to Lady Audley?
(a) A book.
(b) A picture.
(c) A baby slipper.
(d) A letter.
4. Who does Robert meet upon returning to Essex?
(a) George Talboys.
(b) Mrs. Taylor.
(c) Captain Maldon.
(d) Clara Talboys.
5. Why does Robert not go to the police with Lady Audley's secret?
(a) To protect George's son.
(b) To protect George's family name.
(c) To protect a woman he has come to love.
(d) To protect the family name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia write Robert and promise that she is keeping Sir Michael as busy as possible?
2. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
3. What place does Sir Michael swear he will never go to again?
4. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
5. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
2. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
3. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
4. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
5. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
6. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
7. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
8. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
9. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
10. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)