|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Audley hope to turn against Robert with a plan she concocts?
(a) Luke Marks.
(b) Lord Audley.
(d) Alicia Audley.
2. Why does Alicia Audley think Robert has asked for a walk alone with Lady Audley?
(a) To plan a surprise party for Lord Audley.
(b) To discuss the whereabouts of George Talboys.
(c) To share a romantic moment alone.
(d) To accuse her of murder.
3. Where is the institute the doctor recommends for Lady Audley?
4. Who described Lady Audley in such a way that she resembled Helen Talboys?
(c) Captain Maldon.
5. What does Lady Audley imagine is driving her mad with anticipation?
(a) Waiting for news of her son's death.
(b) Waiting for news of George's death.
(c) Waiting for news of Luke and Robert's deaths.
(d) Waiting for the news of the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Lucy Graham leave behind after she stopped working for the school that was her employer before Essex?
2. Where is the school located where Lucy Graham worked before coming to Essex?
3. What does Lady Audley do before leaving Mount Stanning?
4. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
5. What does Lady Audley claim she attempted to do when George first confronted her with the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
2. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
3. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
4. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
5. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
6. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
7. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
8. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
9. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
10. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)