|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Audley banish Robert from Audley Court?
(a) To protect his daughter.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To please his daughter.
(d) To protect his belongings.
2. What item did Lucy Graham leave behind after she stopped working for the school that was her employer before Essex?
(a) A box.
(b) A letter.
(c) A stack of clothing.
3. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
4. What does Halcourt suggest Robert do with his investigation into George's disappearance?
(a) Go to Wildernsea.
(b) Stop it.
(c) Look in Australia.
(d) Hire an investigator.
5. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
(a) Emily Browning.
(b) Alicia Audley.
(c) Lady Audley.
(d) His childhood love, Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Halcourt Talboys?
2. Why does Robert encourage Alicia to travel with her father?
3. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
4. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
5. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
2. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
3. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
4. Who does Robert marry and settle down with?
5. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
6. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
7. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
8. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
9. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
10. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)