|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
2. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
(a) That she has threatened to kill herself.
(b) That she killed her first husband.
(c) That she has a history of violent behavior.
(d) That she attempted to poison her current husband.
3. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
4. Why does Robert believe Lady Audley might leave Audley Court without his interference?
(a) A warning from Clara Talboys.
(b) The warning Captain Maldon should have given her.
(c) Knowledge of Robert's continued investigation.
(d) Knowledge of the letters Clara provided Robert.
5. Why does Robert return to the home of the Talboys?
(a) To tell them about Helen's illness.
(b) To tell them George is alive.
(c) To see Clara.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robert reveal what he feels about Alicia?
2. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
3. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
4. Who requests to speak with Robert upon his return to Essex?
5. What item did Lucy Graham leave behind after she stopped working for the school that was her employer before Essex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
2. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
3. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
4. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
5. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
6. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
7. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
8. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
9. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
10. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)