|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event forces Robert to return to the investigation sooner than he expected?
(a) News of George's reappearance.
(b) Lord Audley's illness.
(c) Lady Audley's illness.
(d) The discovery of new evidence.
2. How does Lady Audley make herself cry when she goes to speak to Lord Audley?
(a) She imagines Lord Audley asking for a divorce.
(b) She cuts up onions.
(c) She pinches herself.
(d) She draws on the stress of Robert's investigation.
3. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
(a) To force Lady Audley to be his lover.
(b) A loyalty to his friend and respect for his sister.
(c) To extort money from Lady Audley.
(d) To protect his uncle.
4. Where does the item that Robert takes from Lucy Graham's former employer lead Robert?
(a) To Wildernsea.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To Isle of Wight.
(d) To London.
5. Who does Robert meet upon returning to Essex?
(a) Clara Talboys.
(b) Mrs. Taylor.
(c) Captain Maldon.
(d) George Talboys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
2. Who does Luke reveal saw Lady Audley push George into a dry well?
3. What name does Helen Talboys/Lady Audley take while in the sanitarium?
4. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
5. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
2. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
3. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
4. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
5. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
6. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
7. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
8. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
9. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
10. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)