|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
(a) That she has a history of violent behavior.
(b) That she attempted to poison her current husband.
(c) That she has threatened to kill herself.
(d) That she killed her first husband.
2. What prompts Lady Audley to confess all to Lord Audley?
(a) Luke's death.
(b) Phoebe's insistence that Lady Audley paid her to start the fire.
(c) Luke's accusation that she killed George.
(d) Robert's survival of the fire.
3. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
(a) The Maldons.
(b) The Talboys.
(c) The Markses.
(d) The Dawsons.
4. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
(b) That Lady Audley owes her.
(c) That Lady Audley can afford it.
(d) That Robert sent her.
5. Why does Alicia write Robert and promise that she is keeping Sir Michael as busy as possible?
(a) So he will not become ill with grief.
(b) So he will not try to rescue Lady Audley from the hospital.
(c) So he will not think of his wife.
(d) So he will not return to Audley Court too soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
2. What does Lady Audley say she did after George abandoned her?
3. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
4. What does Clara ask Robert to do with George's killer should he or she be found?
5. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
2. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
3. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
4. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
5. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
6. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
7. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
8. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
9. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
10. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)