|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert not go to the police with Lady Audley's secret?
(a) To protect the family name.
(b) To protect George's son.
(c) To protect a woman he has come to love.
(d) To protect George's family name.
2. Why does Lady Audley believe her secret will never be revealed?
(a) Because she has covered her tracks too well.
(b) Because she is innocent.
(c) Because she is willing to kill anyone who learns the truth.
(d) Because she has the money to bribe anyone who knows the truth.
3. Who does Robert learn was Lucy Graham's employer before she came to Essex?
(a) Mrs. Gilbert.
(b) Mrs. Plowson.
(c) Mrs. Taylor.
(d) Mrs. Vincent.
4. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
(a) To protect his uncle.
(b) To extort money from Lady Audley.
(c) To force Lady Audley to be his lover.
(d) A loyalty to his friend and respect for his sister.
5. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
2. What prompts Lady Audley to confess all to Lord Audley?
3. What proof does Luke have to support his story of George's fall into the well?
4. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
5. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
Short Essay Questions
1. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
2. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
3. Where does Robert eventually learn George went after leaving Essex?
4. What happens to Mount Stanning as Lady Audley rides away?
5. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
6. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
7. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
8. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
9. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
10. What does Clara discover when she catches sight of Lady Audley?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)