|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley believe her secret will never be revealed?
(a) Because she is innocent.
(b) Because she has covered her tracks too well.
(c) Because she is willing to kill anyone who learns the truth.
(d) Because she has the money to bribe anyone who knows the truth.
2. Why does Alicia write Robert and promise that she is keeping Sir Michael as busy as possible?
(a) So he will not become ill with grief.
(b) So he will not return to Audley Court too soon.
(c) So he will not try to rescue Lady Audley from the hospital.
(d) So he will not think of his wife.
3. What event forces Robert to return to the investigation sooner than he expected?
(a) Lady Audley's illness.
(b) Lord Audley's illness.
(c) The discovery of new evidence.
(d) News of George's reappearance.
4. Why does Robert call a doctor to examine Lady Audley?
(a) Because she has begun to run a fever.
(b) Because of her odd behavior.
(c) Because of her family history of madness.
(d) Because he is afraid she might hurt herself.
5. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
(a) Lady Audley.
(b) His childhood love, Elizabeth.
(c) Alicia Audley.
(d) Emily Browning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Luke reveal saw Lady Audley push George into a dry well?
2. Where is the school located where Lucy Graham worked before coming to Essex?
3. Why is Phoebe unhappy owning an inn?
4. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
5. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
2. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
3. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
4. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
5. How does Robert make a connection between Lucy Graham and Helen Talboys?
6. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
7. What does Robert learn when he visits a badly burned Luke Marks?
8. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
9. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
10. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)