|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Lucy Graham leave behind after she stopped working for the school that was her employer before Essex?
(a) A stack of clothing.
(b) A box.
(c) A letter.
2. Why did Lady Audley fake her death?
(a) To free herself from her child.
(b) To free herself to marry again, this time for money.
(c) To free herself from her alcoholic father.
(d) To free herself to marry again, this time for love.
3. Why does Robert return to Audley Court?
(a) To remove Lady Audley's things.
(b) To close up the house for his uncle.
(c) To live in Audley Court now that it is vacant.
(d) To find and bury George.
4. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
5. What was Lady Audley attempting to protect when she killed George?
(a) Her child.
(b) Her husband, Lord Audley.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her position as Lady Audley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert believe Lady Audley might leave Audley Court without his interference?
2. What place does Sir Michael swear he will never go to again?
3. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
4. How does the item Mrs. Balkham gives to Robert connect Lady Audley to Helen Talboys?
5. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert suggest is the cause of Lady Audley's lies and deceit?
2. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
3. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
4. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
5. Why does Robert return to Essex after swearing to never step foot in Audley Court again?
6. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
7. What letter does Phoebe give to Lady Audley on her visit?
8. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
9. How does Lord Audley react to his wife's tale of betrayal?
10. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)