|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halcourt suggest Robert do with his investigation into George's disappearance?
(a) Hire an investigator.
(b) Stop it.
(c) Go to Wildernsea.
(d) Look in Australia.
2. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
(a) George disgraced the family with alcohol use.
(b) George stole from Halcourt.
(c) George was disowned for marrying Helen.
(d) George disgraced the family by having a child out of wedlock.
3. What does Robert tell the doctor that changes his mind about Lady Audley's physical and mental condition?
(a) That she attempted to poison her current husband.
(b) That she has a history of violent behavior.
(c) That she has threatened to kill herself.
(d) That she killed her first husband.
4. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
(a) Drinking to soothe stress.
(b) Murder to end extortion.
(c) A beating for Luke to stop the extortion.
(d) A fire at the inn.
5. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
(a) A new drinking problem.
(b) The disappearance of George Talboys.
(c) A broken relationship.
(d) An infatuation with Lady Audley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to have doubts about Lady Audley's accusations against Robert?
2. How does Robert reveal what he feels about Alicia?
3. What is Halcourt's reaction to Robert's visit?
4. What does the doctor find after examining Lady Audley?
5. Why is Robert determined to prove Lady Audley's connection to George's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
2. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
3. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
4. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
5. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
6. Why does Robert send Alicia to be with her father?
7. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
8. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
9. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
10. How does George's father react to the news that George might have been murdered? Why?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)