|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the falling out Halcourt Talboys and George Talboys have had?
(a) George stole from Halcourt.
(b) George disgraced the family with alcohol use.
(c) George was disowned for marrying Helen.
(d) George disgraced the family by having a child out of wedlock.
2. Why does Lady Audley say she felt the need to kill her husband?
(a) Because he wanted a divorce.
(b) Because he wanted her to return to the Isle of Wight with him.
(c) Because he refused to keep her secrets.
(d) Because he wanted to take their child away.
3. What did Robert think Lady Audley would do when he confronted her with proof of her secret?
(a) She would give herself up to the police.
(b) She would confess to Lord Audley.
(c) She would leave quietly.
(d) She would tell him where George is.
4. Why does George return to England shortly before Robert's planned trip to Australia?
(a) To recover his lost luggage.
(b) To renew his acquaintanceship with his good friend.
(c) To take custody of his child.
(d) To plot revenge against Helen.
5. What does Lord Audley insist does not run in the Audley family genes?
(d) Immoral behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lady Audley attempting to protect when she killed George?
2. What item did Lucy Graham leave behind after she stopped working for the school that was her employer before Essex?
3. Who is Mrs. Balkham?
4. What does Lady Audley imagine is driving her mad with anticipation?
5. What does Lady Audley claim happened to her mother when she was only an infant?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)