|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
(a) To ask for Luke's help in hiding George's body.
(b) To pay a bribe to Luke and Phoebe.
(c) To beg Robert to keep her secret.
(d) To confess to Robert.
2. To whom are clues in the letters from Clara damning in regards to Robert's investigation?
(a) Lady Audley.
3. Why does Lady Audley say she felt the need to kill her husband?
(a) Because he refused to keep her secrets.
(b) Because he wanted her to return to the Isle of Wight with him.
(c) Because he wanted a divorce.
(d) Because he wanted to take their child away.
4. Who does Luke reveal saw Lady Audley push George into a dry well?
(a) A groom.
(b) A cook's assistant.
5. Whose room does Lady Audley lock before leaving Mount Stanning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert think Lady Audley would do when he confronted her with proof of her secret?
2. What does Mrs. Balkham say Helen Talboys did after George left for Australia without warning?
3. What event does Lady Audley suggest has caused Robert's odd behaviors?
4. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
5. Where did Lime Walk get its name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Audley react when Robert arrives at Audley Court the following day?
2. Why does Robert visit a Mrs. Vincent?
3. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
4. How does Robert feel about his visit to George's family?
5. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
6. What spurs Robert into action in the investigation of George's disappearance?
7. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
8. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
9. What does Lady Audley tell her husband about her walk with Robert?
10. Why does Lady Audley go to Mount Stanning?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)