|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Phoebe give to Lady Audley?
(a) A baby slipper.
(b) A book.
(c) A letter.
(d) A picture.
2. Why does Robert visit Halcourt Talboys?
(a) To inform him of George's probable death.
(b) To ask if he has seen George lately.
(c) To ask for help in his investigation.
(d) To inform him of his investigation.
3. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley?
(a) To train Lady Audley's new maid.
(b) To inform her that Robert is at Mount Stanton.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To complain about her husband.
4. Who is Mrs. Balkham?
(a) A woman from London who was good friends with Lady Audley.
(b) A woman from Australia who knew George.
(c) A woman from Wildernsea who remembers Helen Talboys.
(d) A woman from the Isle of Wight who knows Captain Maldon.
5. What does Mrs. Balkham say Helen Talboys did after George left for Australia without warning?
(a) She gave her baby to strangers and committed suicide.
(b) She tried to marry another man, but could not.
(c) She became depressed and destitute.
(d) She tried to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Audley react to Lady Audley's tears?
2. What does Lady Audley claim she attempted to do when George first confronted her with the truth?
3. Who does Robert speak to about Lucy Graham?
4. Who does Robert learn was Lucy Graham's employer before she came to Essex?
5. With whom does Robert find himself comparing Clara Talboys?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)