|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Phoebe give for asking for this money?
(a) That Luke will beat her otherwise.
(b) That Robert sent her.
(c) That Lady Audley owes her.
(d) That Lady Audley can afford it.
2. Who claims to have a witness who can prove Lady Audley and Helen Talboys are one and the same?
3. Who does Robert finally marry in the final pages of the book?
4. What does Clara say is Halcourt Talboys' reason for treating Robert and his news as he did?
(a) Halcourt killed George himself.
(b) Halcourt thinks George's disappearance is a trick to regain his lost inheritance.
(c) Halcourt is senile.
(d) Halcourt never liked George anyway.
5. What place does Sir Michael swear he will never go to again?
(d) Audley Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robert learn was Lucy Graham's employer before she came to Essex?
2. Where does George reveal he has been all this time?
3. Who finally arrives at Audley Court with news of the fire at Mount Stanning?
4. What does the doctor initially recommend be done with Lady Audley?
5. What idea does Phoebe plant in Lady Audley's mind during their conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Robert find in Audley Village upon his return to Essex?
2. How does Lady Audley react when Robert confronts her with all the evidence he has gathered?
3. When Robert compares Clara and Alicia in his mind, who comes out on top?
4. Why does Phoebe come to visit Lady Audley the night after Lady Audley's discussion with Robert?
5. What does Lord Audley promise to do in order to care for Robert?
6. Why does George's sister follow Robert outside after he delivers the news that George has been murdered?
7. What suggestion does Robert make to Lady Audley in connection to George's death?
8. Why does the doctor change his mind and agree that Lucy should be institutionalized?
9. Where does Lucy tell Robert he can find George?
10. What is the doctor's original diagnosis of Lucy Graham Audley?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)