Short Answer Key
Volume I, Chapters I - III
1. Who is Lucy Graham?
A governess working for the Dawsons.
2. Who is the first neighbor to win young Lucy's affections?
3. Who is Phoebe?
Lady Audley's maid.
4. Why does Phoebe let her fiance into Lady Audley's rooms?
To admire her belongings.
5. What do Phoebe and Luke find in Lady Audley's jewelry box?
A baby slipper and a snippet of hair.
6. Where is George Talboys returning to England from?
7. Why was George Talboys away from England?
To make a fortune.
8. Why did George's father disown him?
For marrying below his class.
9. Who is Helen Talboys?
10. What is the name of the ship George returns to England on?
11. Why does Alicia Audley resent Lucy Graham?
Because Lucy is young, beautiful, and she has stolen Lord Audley's affections.
This section contains 2,814 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)